Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Ok, I've drawn a line now and decided that no matter how difficult other things are, sticking to SW has to take priority. The reason being, sticking to SW will make me feel better about myself and this then helps with alot of other things too!

Here's todays menu:

B- 3 weetabix (HA, HB+3syns), apple, pear

D- jacket and beans, pickles and sliced pepper, grapefruit (tinned in juice so 1.5syns per 100g)

T- stir fry (mangetout, pepper, sprouts?, celery, carrot) with noodles and blue dragon stir fry sauce (syns), possibly a piece of cheese (HA) and scan bran (HB) as a dessert.

Snack- banana

I did well all day and even when I came home I managed to have a HB's worth of prunes and a hot choc options...... but then hubby came home with some monkey nuts which I've not had in years, so I tried one and then another etc etc. This has let to evening binging of alpen light bars, museli, weetabix and a scone, oh and a handful of popcorn. So all in all, not ok at all.

It seems the more I try, the more I fail. Really need to get myself out of this cycle.

Perhaps really really filling up on free carbs might help in the future, I just dont know what to do for the best anymore!

oh Gobolino sorry to hear that you gained yesterday:( i find too that the harder i try the more i seem to fail but we just need to draw that line under last week and start a fresh this week, we can do it ((hugs)) definitely fill up with free carbs this week how about a nice minestrone soup with loads of pasta cooked through it to make a very filling soup that you could eat throughout the day? thats what im trying to do this week im going to try making a soup everyday to snack on and keep me feel, the problem with me is though that my mind doesnt recognise the full feeling when faced with something sweet or chocolatey lol

pick yourself up and get back on track for a really good week and hopefully you'll get the 3lb back off xx

Hi Jane

Thanks - you know I love making soups ! I will do some on Sunday, meanwhile we are going to the inlaws to stay this weekend and its going to be a nightmare..... I made a point of saying I dont like pastry as their idea of veggie food is just something tasty in pastry and apparently I'll be having risotto tonight :(

I am totally off the rails at the moment and cant totally put my finger on why. Since discovering our money issue a week or so ago, I've been sorting out each day to make sure hubby has lunch and we have something to eat in the evening to stop him going to tesco! I think this has taken the focuss off myself and as a result I think this is part to blame. But also I know its me buying the food and putting it in my mouth. I wish I would lose my appetite to be totally honest :(

Sunday, I will have time to cook up meals and shop for next week, meanwhile I will do the best I can under the circumstances!

Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy your soup :)

Today I feel like I'm snapping out of it :) Plus TOTM has arrived (early!), which may have accounted for the extra eating the last few days. Plus we are back from the in laws so I'm in control of what we are eating :)

Here's todays menu (green):
B- carrot, orange and sweet potato juice with ginger (no idea of syns, but it was just nice to have something healthy first thing !!)
later- 2 wholemeal toasts from large loaf (weighed these and because they are thin slices it was HB+1syn), with 10g bertolli light (2syns)

D/T- we're having a late lunch/early tea today.... loads of roast veg (sweet potato, sweede, carrots, BNS, peppers, parsnip, onions), potatoes, broccoli, mangetout, sprouts, bisto gravy (syns)

snack - 2 plums

evening - looks like I may have 2 HA's left for this evening, so I'll be having some cheese :)

exercise- dog walk (30mins)
drinks- NAS squash/water/nettle tea

Only addition to the above is 3/4 of a couscous mincemeat cake with custard :)

Lots of meals ready for next week:
* h/m leek, potato and camembert soup (2 syns)
* h/m chunky mixed veg soup (1 syn)
* pea and courgette risotto (brought back from in laws, not sure what supermarket this is from, the portion looks tiny but stil that gives no idea of syns)
* plenty of broccoli cooked and plenty of pasta n sauces in to mix it with
* cottage cheese and eggs ready to make pasta quiche in the week
* philidelphia light and peppers to have as a sauce with couscous
* potatoes for making wedges to have with beans and egg

So, I'll be making my way back to this thread for ideas in the week.

Tomorrows menu:
B- 2 yogs, apple
D- pea and courgette risotto and veg soup
T- pasta n sauce with broccoli and sprouts
snacks- banana, pineapple, something to take care of my HA's and HB's.

hiya, it looks like your back on track :) pah to the dreaded totm! at least as you say you know why your hunger levels were increased but your menus for this week look great and reading your post has given me back a bit of motivation to get back on track too as ive fallen off the wagon big time so thank you xx

Oh Jane I'm glad you're feeling like getting back on plan too..... we can do this!!!

Here's todays menu:
B-yog, apple
D-pea and courgette risotto (counting HA for cheese and HB for oil ??!!??), veg soup (1syn)
T- pasta n sauce and lots of broccoli, 42g cathedral city lighter (HA)
snacks- yog, banana, apple, pineapple, will be having something else later to use my HB perhaps.

HB- 10 prunes (85g) and a body balance class :) to add to today :) Phew, I've had a lovely day on plan, I'm so happy :)

Ok not sooooo happy today.... the whole day has gone very well, but I've had 6 pieces of wholemeal toast with bertoli light (2 of which were part of my tea)..... I think I calculated 2 slices of this loaf to be HB+1syn, so obviously 6 is alot!

End of month weigh in will not be good :(

Just an update, I didnt get the team leader job that I went for a couple of weeks ago :(

Ok, here's hoping that today is going to continue being a good one!

B- scan bran (HB), banana, philli light (10g 1syn)
D- jacket potato, salad, 5 bean chilli
T- 5 bean chilli, rice and sw chips, 1 fibre plus bar (HB), muller low fat bio corner (4syns)
snack- apple, orange, 50ml brandy (5syns), milk in tea (HA), banana
snack- milky coffee (HA) with 25ml Baileys (4syns)

Woo hoo - 15syns exactly .... please please please let this be a new beginning for me :) I can do this, I will do this :)

Last edited:
Saturday 27th November - green day

B- omlette with spring onions and cathedral city lighter (42g HB), 1 tomato and beans
D- pasta n sauce (1/2syn), broccoli, mange-tout, 15g cathedral city lighter (1/3rd HA), fibre plus bar (HB), shape 0% yog
snack- banana, 240ml skimmed milk latte (2/3rd HA)
T- mashed sprouts, potato, carrot, sweede, parsnip, fried in 10g bertolli (2.5syns), beans and rice pudding (HA+ 5syns)
snacks- 2 fibre plus bars (11syns)

What could have happened:
(this is to make me feel great about the choices I do make and make me understand that each and every time I make a choice to eat better its a big deal and all these little wise decisions to stick to plan all count up) :

B- I always crave carbs at breakfast time and very easily could have used more than 2 HB's and HA
D- hubby bought some lovely looking granary rolls to have fish finger sarnies....... granary roll not a HB, fish fingers easier to syn on extra easy but I'd already had too many HA's and HB's to switch to extra easy.
snack- how many times have I eaten a fibre plus bar and then eaten another immediately. To be honest I think this happens more times than I've eaten just a single one.
Snacks after tea- have finished eating now and not having any more !

Last edited:
Sunday 28th - green day :)

B- 10g bertolli light (2.5syns), mashed veggies and potato

D- 4 ryvita (HB), 57g philli light (HA), tom, cucumber, spring onions..... yog, handful of grapes, pear

T- roasted veg, bisto gravy (syns), jammy ginger sponge (8syns), custard (HA for skimmed milk+few syns)

snack- 5 small cadbury animal biscuits (5syns)

Good morning Gobolino sorry i haven't posted in ages, sorry you have had a gain for november. Sadly you just have to keep at it. Have you had any more thoughts of joining a group in january, it may just be the push you need.

Yesterday looked great almost looks like a success express day.

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Good to 'see' you! I've had a couple of cr@p weeks in more ways than one and the gain is there as a result. I must learn to deal with life and stay on plan at the same time.

I'm definitely going to group - 11th Jan :) I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a new group and it'll be very local to me so it should work out well.

Today has not been good at all, again stress at work has led me to walk to M+S and buy bad things (after eating my healthy speedy soup). I need to control this but its a lifelong habit so will take alot to beat it.

Anyway, on we go!

Tuesday 30th November -Extra easy day

B- weetabix, milk, banana (HA HB)
snack- apple, pear, skimmed milk coffee (rest of HA)
D- pasta, salmon, light salad cream (3 syns), spring onions, celery, cucumber
snack- yog, orange
snack- 2 carrots, small piece of salmon
T- 5 bean chilli and brown rice (chilli has lots of veggies in it, counting towards my 1/3rd of a plate), muller low fat greek yog (3.5syns).
snack- 22g options hot chocolate (4 syns?), 25ml Baileys (4syns)

Total syns - 14.5syns

Last edited:
Back