Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Thanks both! Well my stuffed peppers were lovely and so was the sauce :) Even hubby is enjoying SW meals! Forgot to say I had them with SW chips too.

Gotta say, you made these sound nice, i have never tried stuffed peppers so thats another one for me to try.

Hope wi goes good x

Thanks Teresa :) Thanks Welshjet (hope you enjoy the peppers!) :)

Well I’ve had a similar week to last week where my syns have crept up steadily over the week (weds 10.5, thurs 11.5, fri 15.5, sat 21, sun 23, mon ??).

Yesterday was a manic day with an early morning trip to the vet, late work and then all a bit up in the air. But I did manage to do a shop last night to buy some things ready for this week, plenty of fish to shake things up a bit! Yesterday when I got home I can remember having 3 bars (like a penguin but sainsburys own, 4 pink wafers 2syns each, 5 quorn sausages (eaten as my tea as I was so tired and hungry by the time I got home, new style pack so 5syns), 1 bowl of frozen yoghurt. Prior to that my day in work was pretty carb heavy: oats HB grated apple yog, 3 hifis, banana, apple, new potatoes, baked beans, 28g cheese, nom yoghurt, diet coke, weetabix, milk in tea. Disaster really :(

At least I’ve spotted a pattern similar to last week, so I should be able to nip this in the bud now!

So, today I am feeling calmer but also feeling like I need to put measures in place to stop this happening again next week. I really feel at a standstill at the moment and would like to break out of it and get moving again, but I need to do something differently to actually achieve this.......First things first, the scales are going away TONIGHT! Secondly things are going to get fishy this week (its good for me and will get me out of the carb binge cycle, even when I’m eating good carbs or free carbs it still makes me feel like I want more and more, and then eat crappy things too).

Time for a bit of exercise update, I've been trying different things and I'm debating whether to extend my leisure centre membership for another year or not. Friday I went for a run, Saturday I bought the Zumba fitness Wii game on sat and did that sat and sun, I turned up for a yoga class on sun pm but it was cancelled! So I am trying :)

Time for a bit of exercise update, I've been trying different things and I'm debating whether to extend my leisure centre membership for another year or not. Friday I went for a run, Saturday I bought the Zumba fitness Wii game on sat and did that sat and sun, I turned up for a yoga class on sun pm but it was cancelled! So I am trying :)

Lol your doing better than me on the exercise, mines only parking the car in the car park and walking in

OOoooooh I am making stuffed peppers tonight. I bet the kids don't eat them though. I am having them with SW chips and some ham. I am stuffing them with rice, mushrooms, onion and maybe some cherry toms and mozzarella. Hope I remember to take a pic. Lovely diary. xxx

Ooh what's the zumba game like? I've got it on my wishlist and am waiting for the price to come down a bit! Do I need to have done zumba before or is it ok for beginners? Ta!

Thanks all for the weigh in well wishes, I really appreciate it! I lost a pound.

Welshjet - slowly but surely on the exercise front, you can build it up from there :)

Hazel, hope you enjoy your peppers too! I'd forgotten just how yummy and filling they were- enjoy :)

Beegee- the Zumba game is quite good, I waited a while for the price to come down too! Its very fast paced with the steps but I think once you've mastered the steps it would be fine. There's beginners (20mins), intermediate (45mins) and advanced (60mins). It keeps a calendar of what workouts you've done. It did have me feeling pretty warm, but the one downpoint is I dont think its accurate in scoring how you are doing (basically if you sat down and shook the controller you'd still earn points!), so in that way its not as good as Just Dance. Its just nice to try something different, I'd never been to a Zumba class either.

Confession time- before weigh in I ate nuts, mini-milks aswell as my tea...... not in small amounts I may add. This afternoon I had 2 cheese rolls for dinner..... seeded, not wholemeal I may add. Later I had a flapjack. After weigh in I had a box of mikado's.

Confession done.

So I lost a pound this week which is great :) I think I've worked out why my weeks a going downhill as the week goes on. I dont believe in myself enough to stick to plan. Its as if I need to mess up to prove to myself that I cant do it, that I dont deserve to lose each week.

So, this weeks biggest mission is to believe in myself and believe in the SW plan :) :) :) ALL WEEK LONG!

I can do this. I have a meal out in Cosmo (Pan Asian) on Saturday but apart from that everything is in my control (even thats in my control to a point too). Sorry to do all the talking out loud but I do think it will help (eventually).

Mini tasks to achieve the big mission:
1. Remove scales from bathroom
2. Compile a list of favourite meals
3. Get planning and cooking the meals
4. Remind myself regularly that I deserve this, I can do this and it works
5. Relax

Wednesdays plan: Extra Easy (fingers crossed!)

B-vlf fromage frais with chopped apple and pear and a sachet of orange hot chocolate (2syns)

D-work lunch where everyone brings things -grrrr I find these annoying as I have to bring my basic lunch just to ensure that I have SW friendly food to eat (most people bring cake, its very disorganised and who wants to just eat cake for lunch!). Anyway, have primed a colleague to bring salad bits, plus I have mixed leaves and pasta with peppers and onion (with some sun dried tomato pesto 1.5syns per portion.... its in two pots so I can visually see how much a portion is easily). So salad and pasta (1.5syns), followed by grapes later on.

snacks-apple and pear, milk in tea (HA), banana and scan bran if needed

T-salmon and pollack roasted with thai spice. Roasted BNS, sweede, carrot and peppers

snack- remaining HB choice for a snack later on.

Well done on your pound loss.
Also again well done on your honesty.

I recognise myself in so many of your sabotage techniques and find it so enlightening to see you working your way through it. I often wonder myself if i sabotage myself as dieting has been a big part of my life and part of me wonders what i would do if i didn't have to diet ...... How complex are minds are as the other part of me, the part that got me to target knows that slimming world is a way of life not a diet and is for life

Sorry to ramble but i always admire your honesty as i find it thought provoking especially as once again i have had 5 fantastic days coping with difficult situations and then 2 rubbish days so once again will yo yo on the scales :-(

Hooray - a loss! Well done, that's great news. I love how self aware you are, I do find psychology fascinating and it's interesting that people sabotage themselves when at the same time they seem so determined to succeed. I guess you're in the best place to break the pattern if you know what your triggers are and it sounds as though you've got yourself sussed! Good luck for the week ahead x
ps - ta for the zumba info, will keep it on the wishlist!

Thank you both, I really appreciate you keeping an eye on me. I do think a good dose of self analysis helps things. But one other thing I keep reminding myself which was one of your suggestions is to be nice to myself (and think about how I would handle a friend that was struggling). What would I say and how would I try to help ? Shouting at my friend for going off the rails wouldn’t help and neither would telling that friend to forget it and stuff her face with unhealthy foods!!! So treating yourself how you treat others is going to be a good lesson for me to learn too. I’m working on it! Here’s yesterdays menu and todays plan. Yesterday my work lunch was fill of brownies, muffins and pastry savouries (I didn’t touch a thing, despite colleagues asking if I didn’t like x.y and z! This is just my standard approach now, they must think I’m boring but I really don’t care !!!). Just to think some of them ate 2 brownies and 2 muffins each, ouch the syns!!!

Wednesday 6th July – Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Vlf fromage frais, apple and pear, hot chocolate sachet (2syns)

Snacks:
Milk in tea (HA), apple, pear, 3 scan bran (part HB), banana

Dinner:
Mixed salad leaves, cherry toms, cucumber, radish, pasta with peppers and onions and sundried tomato pesto (1.5syns)
Grapes

Snacks:
2 scan bran (part HB), 1 cheese triangle (2syns)

Tea:
Roasted thai salmon, roasted veggies (sweede, carrot, peppers, potato)

Syns:5.5
Exercise: 25 mins walk, 18 mins walk/run which was (3min r+2min w)x3 + 3min r

Thursday 7th July – Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Vlf fromage frais, banana, hot chocolate sachet (2syns)

Snacks:
Milk in tea (up to 230ml=4syns), 2 apples, pineapple

Dinner:
Wholewheat pasta, salmon, gherkins, red pepper and spring onion with 35g phillidelphia light (1/2 HA)

Tea 1:
Same as dinner (1/2 HA) -eaten early afternoon before a class

Tea 2:
Butternut squash buttie (Roasted BNS, mixed lettuce leaves, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HB), 7g of cant believe its not butter light (1syn) - very nice indeedy

Pud:
Vlf fromage frais with hot chocolate powder (2syns)

Syns: 9
Exercise: body jam class :) & 45 mins walking

Last edited:
Time for a syns review:
Weds 5.5, Thurs 9, Fri ?, Sat ?, Sun ?, Mon ?, Tues ?

Last edited:
Friday 8th July – Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Vlf fromage frais, hazelnut hot chocolate sachet (1.5syns), banana

Snacks:
Milk in tea (HA), 2 apples,

Dinner:
Tuna Salad with pepper, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, carrots, bottled peppers in brine sliced, spring onion. Jersey new potatoes

Snacks:
pineapple, hazelnut hot choc sachet (1.5syns) with vlf fromage frais

Tea:
Kedgeree with smoked haddock, side portion of spinach

Syns:
Exercise: 30mins walk (to and from the pub :) )

Last edited:
Friday 8th July – Extra Easy

Breakfast:

Vlf fromage frais, hot chocolate sachet (2syns), banana

Snacks:
Milk in tea (HA), 2 apples,

Dinner:
Tuna Salad with pepper, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, carrots, bottled peppers in brine sliced, spring onion. Jersey new potatoes

Snacks:
pineapple

Tea:
Kedgeree with smoked haddock, side portion of spinach

Syns:
Exercise: Either a rest day or a run, I havent decided yet

mmmmm today looks a bit light on the snack front so I may add some more in if I need to!

Sounds mmmm - wish i liked fish. :(

It'd be nice with grated cheese too :) Healthy A choice too !

Woohoo, today turned out to be a rest day! Plus hubby and I had a date :) So, my syns for the day were hot choc x2 (4syns), 1 bottle of enlightened wine (80 calories per 125ml, so 24 syns for a bottle)...... this was nice wine and apparently low calorie although I think most wine is around the same syns! So all in all 28syns for the day and a HB Fibre plus bar (all planned for the post-pub munchies).

Syns review: Total so far=42.5 for 3 days
Weds 5.5, Thurs 9, Fri 28, Sat ?, Sun ?, Mon ?, Tues ?

Saturday - Green Day

Breakfast:
Beans on toast (HB), banana, 1/2 a low syn choc bran muffin (1syn)

Dinner:
Melon followed by Pasta, courgettes, peppers, cheese savings (part HA), roasted pepper. Cup of tea (skimmed milk part HA)

Tea:
Pasta with courgettes, peppers, peas, spinach and spring onion with sun dried tomato pesto (3syns) and phillidelphia light (71g= HB)

Pud:
Layers of milk chocolate, white chocolate and caramel (5.5 syns)....... made enough for two and I had half of this..... using vlf fromage frais, quark, 2 sachets of white choc options (4syns), 11g highlights hot chocolate (2syns), caramel shape delight (5syns)....layered these in a nice glass and have left them to chill for later :)

Snack:
apple
latte with skimmed milk (HA) and 25ml Baileys ! (4syns)

Syns review: Total so far=56 for 4 days
Weds 5.5, Thurs 9, Fri 28, Sat 13.5, Sun ?, Mon ?, Tues ?

Last edited:
Sunday - Green Day

Breakfast:
Srambled eggs (part HA milk plus 8g cant believe its not butter light (1syn) and Beans on toast (HB), low syn choc bran muffin (2syns)

Dinner:
Red lentil and tomato soup (with red lentils, carrot, celery, onion and chopped toms). Wholemeal roll (HB+2.5syns), spread (1syn).Tea (skimmed milk part HA), vlf fromage frais, hot choc (2syns), strawberries

Tea:
Soup again

Pud:
remainder of milk HA in a coffee

Snack:
2 apples
hot chocolate (2syns) with skimmed milk (part HA)
hot chocolate powder x 2 (4syns) with whole pot of vlf fromage frais

short walk & 20mins Zumba Wii

Syns review: Total so far= 70.5 for 5 days
Weds 5.5, Thurs 9, Fri 28, Sat 13.5, Sun 14.5, Mon ?, Tues ?

Last edited:
Back