Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Just wanted to remind myself that I'll have different things to look forward to on each of the plans and each one makes me think about food in a different way. Essentially I could have each of the foods on each plan but its just how it makes you feel differently about counting.

CORE: avocados, 2 tsp of oil daily (fab for proper roasted veg), tinned fruit, strawberries in a milk shake, shreddies!, extra light philli, less counting

SW: cheese as part of the pl.an, ability to snack more freely (ie not just on fruit/veg between meals), making sw low syn choc muffins, plan specific support from my sw group

Will add to the list as I remember the plus points of both :)

Last edited:
Points used this week:
Tues hot choc 3 points
Weds tsp oil 1 point, 50ml wine 0.5 point
Thurs 1 bagel 3points,10g lurpak lightest 1 point

Points used = 8.5, Points remaining = 12.5

Weds
Shreddies &milk
Roast veg, salad, avocado,
Risotto with Prawns, onion, celery, leeks, oil, wine, red peppers, basil

Thurs
Shreddies and milk
H/m sushi, risotto (no prawns)
Jacket potato and extra light philli with roasted veg (courgette, cherry toms, onion and peppers)
sn-bagel+spread

Fridays plan
Porridge, milk, summer berries
Jacket potato and beans
???

Last edited:
Just had another bagel (3points) and 15g of chocolate phillidelphia (1point) - this isnt great for a thursday..... oh well onwards with the rest of the week :) Doing the best I can!

Points used this week:
Tues hot choc 3 points

Thurs 1 bagel 3points,10g lurpak lightest 1 point, bagel 3 point, choc phill 1 point

Points used = 12.5, Points remaining = 8.5

Points used this week:
Tues hot choc 3 points

Thurs 1 bagel 3points,10g lurpak lightest 1 point, bagel 3 points, choc philli 1point
Fri ? not sure as we had tea out, hopefully very few if any points, 20g nesquick 1 point

Points used =13 .5, Points remaining = 7.5

Fridays plan
Porridge, milk, summer berries
Jacket potato and beans
Quesidila with peppers/onions/jalapenos (basically a wrap with veg and presumably my oil allowance), basmati rice, watercress

Mmmmm I seem to be forgetting to write down my fruit snacks..... so for today I had 2 small bananas, 2 pears, pineapple

Had a very good day on the walking today:
Dog walk 20 mins
Lunch walk 25 mins
Walk for meal out 25 mins
Walk back from meal out 25 mins

Very pleased with that little lot :)

Points used this week:
Tues hot choc 3 points

Thurs 1 bagel 3points,10g lurpak lightest 1 point, bagel 3 points, choc philli 1point
Fri not sure as we had tea out, hopefully very few if any points, 20g nesquick 1 point
Sat bagel 3 points, lurpak lightest 1 point, h/m raspberry trifle 2.5points

Points used = 20 Points remaining = 1

Ok according to my points listed above I only have 1 point left for tomorrow, BUT, I've not taken into account any activity points I may have earnt this week. So, hopefully I do have a few more to play with!

Saturday:
Porridge
Large salad with mackerel, h/m raspberry trifle
Bagel, spread, milky coffee, banana
Wedges and egg or maybe something different
40mins walk

Grrrr its time of the month and now I feel like heating everything. I've got a change to tea - maple roasted parsnips with grated cheese and beans. I'll be having another h/m trifle afterwards. I'm hoping to keep it to that :)

Just hoping the activity points from the week will cover everything, we'll see come monday. Sometimes you just have to have what you fancy!

Ha ha, just re-read my last post and it says I feel like heating everything, mmmmmmm can anyone guess the typo !!!!!

In fact I did end up heating up a wheat bag for tummy cramps in the night - what fun :)

Here's today:
B-shreddies, milk x2
sn-alpen coconut bar 2.5points
D- ??
T- ??

I have eaten a fair amount this morning, so we'll see if I can do the whole breakfast like a king etc etc and keep to the bargain for the rest of the day!

Well, time for a quick update. Things havent gone well at all since Saturday. I was up in the night for about 4 hours with tummy cramps and have also spent the last few days in pain on and off too. Today is MUCH better and I am starting to feel more normal!!! :) Meanwhile, my eating plan has gone out the window. I've wanted to eat what I wanted in order to feel better, eg last night I had a smoked haddock fish cake, mashed parsnip and sweede (with sour cream and a cheesey top) and broccoli and cauliflower cheese. I needed something tasty and didnt really care of the points or syns. I know I cant go on eating what I like when I like, but at the same time I dont know what to follow at the moment!

I didnt make it class on monday night, text the consultant to ask if she could send my target certificate! But no joy yet. I'm also thinking of following a few more guidelines in a few fertility books I have, or maybe I could incorporate these into SW or WW. I think I've got a taste for bagels with ww, so I've been straying from the WW core path, so it may be time to return to SW. I'm still in the thinking mode, will update when I've decided :)

Ooh I was wondering where you were. Sorry you've been poorly again, it sounds rubbish but I'm glad you're feeling better now. I appreciate your 'which plan' dilemma. Too much info is a dangerous thing! What do the fertility books say you should be eating?

Oh too much info can definitely drive you mad !!!! The fertility books are pretty much healthy eating but there are a few more specifics too, like avocados, healthy fats, nuts, plenty of wholegrains (this is where ww core would be better suited, as with sw its difficult to have wholegrains, nuts, oil and avocado all in one day! How many B choices !!!!). I've made a big sheet of all the vits and minerals and then beside that what I can eat to make sure i'm up on all of them, I could print a sheet for each day and make sure I've circled something in each vit/mineral category (this could get obsessive !). Also there are some specifics about what to eat at each phase of the cycle..... I could incorporate that, no problem.

So I'm still thinking. Meanwhile I'm starting to feel podgy already. I've gained 3lb this week and wont make it to class next week on monday. I'm out of sorts with eating and exercise completely. Plus I'm worrying about things the tummy pains etc, have a dr appt tomorrow but I think I need to start making more effort and planning my meals at least for tomorrow :)

Mmmmm really dont have that much food in the house so I may need to do a shop before I plan for tomorrow...... or I could have a good look in the freezer!

B- Porridge
sn-banana, apple, canteloupe melon
D- could prep a pasta and veg number (since I dont have any salad)..... do have 0%greek yog, courgettes, pasta, tuna, leek and onion ?
T- Oven baked sweet potato with baked beans

I'm not feeling great at planning right now but I should be able to manage sticking to that plan. At least there's plenty of fruit and veg in it and plenty to eat :)

Woo hoo -I've just made myself a pasta and veg assembly :) I think this week I've not felt bothered to make myself proper meals and as a result I've eaten bowls of cereal here and there (well today I've had three bowls!), but it does feel good to make the effort. I guess I'm feeling ten times better than the beginning of the week, so in terms of a result for the week it may not be a weight loss one, but at least I'm feeling better.

Will continue to make the effort with meals as it does reinforce that you feel better about taking care of yourself :)

Right, off for an early night I think :bighug:

Woo hoo finally I'm writing a diary again. Its not the best but at least I'm being accountable for my foodies. Quite proud that I managed well today in some situations even though I did then indulge a bit later!

B- porridge, skimmed milk
sn- banana, apple, canteloup melon, strawberries (a whoooole tub when I arrived home late and really really hungry for my tea!)
D- pasta, leeks, courgette, oil, 0% greek yog, tuna
T- avocado salad
treats- 100g yoomoo frozen yoghurt (2points), 2 mars ice-creams (3points each) (I bought these as the lesser of two evils as I know that if I bought ben and jerrys ice-cream instead the whole tub would be eaten....... in comparison 2 mars ice creams are a better deal) - after the stress I've had today I'm really pleased I managed to keep it at that :)

Just checked out the b+j choc fudge brownie ice cream and its 6.4 points per 150ml and I know there are at least 3 lots of 150ml in a big tub so thats about 19 points...... I'm sure the frozen yog wouldnt be so bad though. So, I'm happy to have capped the points at 8 for my indulgences!!!

Also feeling pretty calm for facing a day on plan tomorrow :)

Saturday = painting all day :)

B= porridge, skimmed milk, cinnamon and 15g sultanas (0.5points)
sn= apple, melon, banana
D= ???
T= slow cooker soup (carrots, turnips, sweet potato, onion, celery)
sn= 1 mars ice cream (3points) or some nuts (will need to work out points first)

Its a plan :)

Looking good G! Hope your stress levels are still decreasing, is everything ok with you now?
How wonderful to have Mars ice creams, they are sooooo nice, I haven't had one of those for years. (May skuttle quietly off now and look up the syn value ....)

Stress levels are definitely decreasing, painting seems to be working wonders! Not sure whats up with me, as hormones etc look to be ok, hubby will be having tests and then that will decide what happens next. Anyway....

I think Mars ice creams are 7 syns each. When searching for the points, it came up with my diary!!! I think I had some at the start of my sw journey :) Yum yum! Have a good weekend!

Woo hoo - lots of painting done! Yesterday wasnt on plan, but wasnt too bad either, plus lots of body magic/activity points from painting all day!

B- shreddies and bitesized shredded wheat with skimmed milk
D- roast veg soup, wholemeal roll (points) with cheese (points)
sn- banana, apple
T- ??? avocado salad
drinks- green tea, normal tea, water

Cant go to class tomorrow night as we are out, so next weigh in will be a week tomorrow (hopefully I will have stayed the same!) :)

You may not be properly on plan, but it's not as if you're stuffing yourself with cr*p is it?! Your diet is looking really good. Glad the stress levels are down again and I hope hubby's tests go well. I always think it's far better to know what you're dealing with and then you can move forward x

What is it you're painting? I'm in the same boat as we've just had a loft conversion which now needs decorating. I've done a bit of undercoat but apart from that all the tins of paint are just lined up waiting for me to get stuck in. I don't mind doing it really, but I wish I had a wand that I could wave to get it all done NOW rather than in x number of weeks time!

Hello, well I’m not doing well at all the last few days. When you’re eating kitkat before 7am, things don’t look promising!!! I’ve already told hubby that if he requires rubbish food for his lunches then its to be kept at his workplace. Also, I’ve said that I don’t want to be fat and miserable again and if rubbish foods are left in my path then I will be. I know its not all hubbys fault but when I’m not feeling as strong in my resolve I need extra help.

mmmmm I painted our spare room, next our bedroom is up for painting! I thinking planning to complete it in a weekend was a good idea as it meant there was an endpoint...... it was quite hard going on my own though (I was very achy the next few days!!!).

Back