Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Nothing wrong with calling for back up and needing a bit of support. Just do what you need to do to cling on to the wagon! Hang in there lovely x

Thanks Beegee :) I definitely took a nasty tumble off the wagon! I think having the free run on cereal (namely shreddies!) with ww triggered binge eating (cereal is a trugger food for me), so I'll be sticking to porridge/weetabix/shredded wheat from now on.

Also, I have to go cold turkey on chocolate as its hold on me has taken a firm grip. While I'm at it I'll be cold turkey on ice cream too , I will be allowing myself frozen yog though as its so much better for you than the ice-cream.

I feel better already having declared war on cereal, chocolate and ice-cream :) War will begin on saturday. Tomorrow we have a treat from M&S planned and I'm really looking forward to it, pretty healthy couscous and sushi but the dessert is chocolatey!

I will be doing the ww core plan and really looking forward to it! While I think about it, I might declare war on bread too :)

Its war - cereal, chocolate, ice-cream, bread!

It has to be said when you eat rubbish, you definitely feel rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!! Learnt this the hard way again this week! ;)

Ok so the war is on: ice-cream, bread, chocolate, cereal+cereal bars (apart from those that I can be trusted with eg porridge) and also alcohol. Alcohol is an easy one for me, but I thought I'd add it to the list too. Saturday i thought I'd done well but realised I did overindulge in cereal, the same goes for today!

So, I'm still undecided on which plan to follow. I made a lovely adzuki bean bake from gillian mckeiths cookbook and now debating that plan too!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of a rotating diary or 1 or 2 days on SW, followed by WW followed by gillian mckeith :)

Best of all plans, biggest variey going and never getting bored with what I can/cannot have !

Woohoo - I've just got out my just dance 3 and managed and hour and a half :)

Just thinking out loud about my meal ideas for the next few days based on what I have in the house or need to make!

Breakfasts:
swiss bircher with skimmed milk and l/f greek yog
porridge
fruit salad
strawberry and banana smoothie

Dinners/Teas:
Jacket and beans
Avocado salad
Tuna salad
leeks and courgette, possibly in a soup or pasta
spicy roast veg soup
wedges and eggs
adzuki bean bake
beany chilli

Need to put together a fruit salad :)

Today has gone ok-ish- I'm focussing on the positives:

B- shredded wheat and milk (x2)
D-1/2 an innocent veg pot, with extra prawns, spring onions and herbs
T- roast tea (roast veg with oil, roast carrots and potatoes), bisto (points/syns)
sn- small bowl of shredded wheat, eton mess-ish (strawbs, light philli and l/f greek yog, meringue nest), banana with custard (points/syns)

Positives for today:
Walked the dog and did more than an hour of just dance 3
Drunk water and herbal tea (more than 2litres)
Decided that even though semi skimmed milk is cheaper, I'll be buying skimmed from now on
Have managed cold turkey day 2 on ice-cream, bread, chocolate and alcohol. Day 1 for naughty cereal starts tomorrow
I've decided to come back to writing a proper diary (this has to be a step in the right direction!).

Last edited:
Mondays plan - ww core plan

Breakfast:
Strawberry and banana smoothie :checkmark: also had 1 point worth of mango juice in this
porridge and skimmed milk :checkmark:

Dinner:
spicy roast veg soup -will have this tomorrow
adzuki bean bake with broccoli, cherry toms and sweetcorn :checkmark:

Tea:
Jacket potato and beany chilli- had this but with the jacket middles scooped into chives, spring onions and light philli, absolutely lush
Side salad -didnt have this!

Snacks:
fruit salad :checkmark:
other fruit! :checkmark:
milk in tea? :checkmark:

Drinks:
2L water :checkmark:
herbal teas :checkmark:
normal tea :checkmark:

Exercise:
walking :checkmark:15mins
just dance 3 :checkmark: 1 hour and 15mins

Avoiding: so far so good
chocolate
ice-cream
unsafe cereals
bread
alcohol

Last edited:
Crikey! Just catching up and there's some thought going into your planning at the moment!! What's this Gillian McKeith malarky you're throwing into the mix?! I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a mix and match plan and doing a couple of days of one then a day of another etc. The only thing that put me off doing it was I thought it would get confusing as I do syns weekly ... so would that mean I couldn't use any WW weeklies? Probably, which made the plan less appealing to me as I do need a bit of flexibility during the day. You're far better at thinking things through than me though so I'm sure that whatever you decide will have been scrutinised and assessed and if you stick to it, surely you can't fail?! Good for you to try and keep it interesting though, it's not as if you've got tons to lose so you've got some time to find out what really suits you.

Loving your list of 'banned substances' btw. Mine would definitely include bread and cereal too, it's bad news!
Keep up the good work G - your Just Dancing in particular is most impressive x

Mmmm I know what you mean with having the weekly flexibility and doing a day by day plan it'd be hard to work it out. I've just been looking through my gillian mckeiths books and will probably just throw in a few of her recipes to be honest (rather than go the whole hog).

Tuesday- ww core plan

Breakfast:
porridge and skimmed milk

Dinner:
spicy roast veg soup
wholewheat pasta and beany chilli

Tea:
adzuki bean bake with 20g cheese (will find out points later, maybe 2 points)

large side salad
ww rice pud (1.5points)

Snacks:
apples, banana, fruit salad, carrot sticks, skimmed milk latte with fresh nutmeg :)

Drinks:
2L water
herbal teas
normal tea

Exercise:
walking 45mins

Avoiding: so far so good - feeling so fab for not eating these :)
chocolate
ice-cream
unsafe cereals
bread
alcohol

Last edited:
Wednesdays plan- ww core plan (have had some lovely bargains at the supermarket, hence my strange combinations for todays food!)

Breakfast:
stewed plums, pears and apple with l/f greek yog

Dinner:
broccoli soup and rice salad
avocado

Tea:
veggie stir fry with baby pak choi and beansprouts

Snacks:
apples, banana, fruit salad, pear

Drinks:
2L water
herbal teas
normal tea

Exercise:
walking, just dance or even yogacise class if I'm feeling super motivated!

Avoiding:
chocolate
ice-cream
unsafe cereals
bread
alcohol

Thanks, I did enjoy :)

Just a couple of ww rice puds to add (3points). Also, I made my tea far too spicy so only ate half and made up for it with a bowl of porridge!!! I think thats what I really wanted anyway. Tea included some brown pasta and onions too.

Well, I've eaten alot today but have had a couple of successes too! I've just come back from the supermarket shopping, aldi and sainsburys...... I picked up a banquet meal for 2 and put it back, I picked up a reduced walnut loaf that looked absolutely gorgeous then remembered I'm trying to avoid bread (although I'd said to myself I'd eat one slice, but in the back of my mind knew it wouldnt turn out that way), SO, I put that back too. Instead I treated myself to some strawberry and cream tea :)

Here's today:

B- porridge, skimmed milk, tinned peaches

D-broccoli soup, pasta and beany chilli, 2 scan bran with banana

sn- cucumber sticks, apple, banana

T- jacket potato, 35g cheese (points!), sweetcorn and beans, ww rice pud (1.5points)

Fantastic NSV on the shopping front!! Good going, it's so tempting going round the shops and seeing all those dangerous things - you did really well!

Is the core plan like simply filling? I do sw but interested in giving simply filling a try at somepoint soon, never tried ww before! X

Hi icklerockchick - yes from what I remember core is just like simply filling (there's a list over on the ww board), you have as much as you want till satisfied from the list and then point everything else. Just 3 meals a day, only fruit or veg for snacks, 2 tsp of oil daily. I cant comment on any more of the plan as it probably changed a little in going from core to simply filling. Hope you enjoy it if you give it a go :)

gobolino said:
Hi icklerockchick - yes from what I remember core is just like simply filling (there's a list over on the ww board), you have as much as you want till satisfied from the list and then point everything else. Just 3 meals a day, only fruit or veg for snacks, 2 tsp of oil daily. I cant comment on any more of the plan as it probably changed a little in going from core to simply filling. Hope you enjoy it if you give it a go :)

Thanks :) I like that you can have ww bagels, petit pain, wraps and pittas it sounds amazing!

How does it work with regards to only being allowed fruit and veg as snacks but you get 49 weekly points to use? Does that mean you have to use them all in meals and can't use them for any snacks? Bit confused on that issue, or maybe core and simply filling are different there? X

Fantastic NSV on the shopping front!! Good going, it's so tempting going round the shops and seeing all those dangerous things - you did really well!

Thanks Beegee - only just noticed your post :) It is tempting....... I havent done very well since that, I think I celebrated a bit too soon!

Thanks :) I like that you can have ww bagels, petit pain, wraps and pittas it sounds amazing!

How does it work with regards to only being allowed fruit and veg as snacks but you get 49 weekly points to use? Does that mean you have to use them all in meals and can't use them for any snacks? Bit confused on that issue, or maybe core and simply filling are different there? X

Hello - sorry I cant really comment on how simply filling works as I dont follow that plan...... basically with the core plan you had 21 points to spend as you wanted throughout the week, be that with meals or as snacks (completely up to you!). I guess the 49 weekly propoints are to be used the same way.

Back