God Help Me! Im Not In Ketosis & I Can't Get Back In!

I got some of the internet...just type in ketostix and up they come...you can get them from chemists pparently but I had trouble getting hold of them as they apparently dont stock them & got a lecture from the chemist which really P^^^^me off- fail to see why I should justify my decisions to some prat who knows nothing about me!!
LOL!

pixie,

got them from boots, no questions asked.

hope the colour changes for you soon. keep us updated and dont get disheartened. our bodies are weird sometimes..doesn't mean ur not burning fat

:hug99:

Hi guys,

Really gutted, I bought some more ketostix and re tested this morning, still didnt change colour :(
I can't think what it might be but I'm ready to give up.

Pix do you feel that you're not in ketosis or is it just the sticks that are making you believe your not. Just that I never show as pregnant when I pee on a pregnancy test even when I am .... don't know why, I just don't. Just wondering if it could just be something like that.

Cath

Pix do you feel that you're not in ketosis or is it just the sticks that are making you believe your not. Just that I never show as pregnant when I pee on a pregnancy test even when I am .... don't know why, I just don't. Just wondering if it could just be something like that.

Cath

Well...I usually show when I am in ketosis but I am freezing...:confused:

If you're freezing and you're not starving I'd personally say that you are in ketosis and that your body is just playing silly beggars :) Try not to focus on it and just carry on as you are as you're doing so well.

Cath

I agree with Cath, and if your losses don't return to your normal level at your next class have a word with your LLC, maybe she can offer an explanation.

Mags
xxx

Exactly - give it the week, talk to your LLC - it could be that you will have a huge loss this week! I know I was only 1lb at the LLC a while back and the following week lost 5lb, doing absolutely nothing differently.

The sticks are just sticks. Please don't get hung up on them - we're not in a competition to be in ketosis, we're on a mission to be thin.

Hugs

C

Pixie, don't give up! I read an article somewhere online when it said that the ketostix are not always accurate, so don't be disheartened just because they're not changing colour on you!

If you're feeling like you are in ketosis, you probably are & it might just be your body having a bad week...

Come on now - giving up just cos a sticks the wrong color?!! Just hand in there & it'll all sort out! Think of it logically - if you're sticking to the plan, drinking the 4l of water & not cheatin your body cycle is probably just a bit off (mine is currently making an official complaint! its day 2 hungry!) so just keep at it & things will settle. Having come so far do you really want to give up for the sake of a silly stick? Nah! Course you dont! Big hugs!

Thanks guys, I think its a combination of the sticks and the fact I only lost 1.5lbs last week that has brought me right down :break_diet:
Weigh in tomorrow anyway so we'll see :sigh:
xx

Aww Pixie,

chin up hun, just noticed your ticker, your 100 days isnt up for a while and you've already acheived your 3 stones, thats brilliant girlie :p Try and look at the overall picture rather than weekly, and please dont worry about the sticks not changing colour, as I said before some peeps never show that they are in ketosis... have you taken your measurements lately to see how many inches you've lost???

Have a chat with your llc tomorrow, sure she'll be abe to reassure you....

oooh and is it your wedding on the countdown? Only just noticed that too :eek:

Hun - don't worry. I've just knocked myself out of ketosis by having some diet coke!! You'd think I would know better, but there you go!

Some people never show that they're in ketosis using ketostix. The fact that you're freezing is a pretty good indicator that you are ok. Are you hungry? Cos if not, then that's another sign, isn't it.

Hang on in there - you'll be fine at your WI, I'm sure.

xxx

Aww Pixie,

chin up hun, just noticed your ticker, your 100 days isnt up for a while and you've already acheived your 3 stones, thats brilliant girlie :p Try and look at the overall picture rather than weekly, and please dont worry about the sticks not changing colour, as I said before some peeps never show that they are in ketosis... have you taken your measurements lately to see how many inches you've lost???

Have a chat with your llc tomorrow, sure she'll be abe to reassure you....

oooh and is it your wedding on the countdown? Only just noticed that too :eek:

Hi Geri,

Yeah my wedding :) my dress isn't even in yet though :(
Stress stress stress!
I havent lost anymore inches recently...I just seem stuck,

The stix never changed colour for me. Just one of those things. Keep your eye on that ball and you can't fail.

Reckon you'll have a good one next weigh in;)

Hun - don't worry. I've just knocked myself out of ketosis by having some diet coke!! You'd think I would know better, but there you go!

Some people never show that they're in ketosis using ketostix. The fact that you're freezing is a pretty good indicator that you are ok. Are you hungry? Cos if not, then that's another sign, isn't it.

Hang on in there - you'll be fine at your WI, I'm sure.

xxx

Hi Isobel,

No not hungry I dont think, just emotionalhunger now cos Im so annoyed about the whole thing.
I usually show Im in ketosis so its the not knowing why that is so frustrating cos I can't do anything about it :raincloud:

Just thought I would add that hubby started on wednesday, he tested out of curiosity and the pad turned white.....! wtf is going on there then.....?

Back