Going it alone - Food Diary - feel free comment

Congrats on your weigh in!

You're doing really well - keep it up ;)

Friday - EE - NO TAKEAWAY !!

:DNo takeaway tonight Whats happened to me??? LOL

Breakfast
2x weetabix (HEXB) with Milk ( HEXA) - 1 Sugar ( 1 SYN)
Orange, Plum (1/3)

Lunch
LF SuperNoodles
Activia Snackpot yoghurt
strawberries( my1/3)

Dinner
Gammon(grilled no fat), fried egg (frylight) Pineapple, SW Chips(1st time making these wish me luck !! )
Strawberries

Snack
Alpen Light Bar (3 SYN)
Milk for Coffee's - (2SYN)
Choc digestive (4 SYN) needed a choc fix
2 x cracker bread with light phil n chive (4 SYN)

Total SYN = 14

updated as i had a bit of a nibble tonight but still within Syn's thankfully ! dont know why cos i had a huge dinner just stupid habit and cos Oh decided to cook a small pizza at 10pm and i needed something to make me resist.... no wonder i put on so much weight i'd have inhailed half that pizza before dieting . !!

Last edited:
SW chips are yummy and i always manage to get great ones :) Make sure you use maris piper ones, peel em, cut em up so they are about 1cm thick (i dont think this really matters so long as you dont make them french fy thin!). Put them in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes (no longer otherwise they go mushy really quick). Take them out, drain them in a sieve, put them back in the (now dry but still hot) pan and give em a shake. Lay them out on some kitchen towel to cool. Spray a baking tray with baking foil on it with lots of fry light. After 10 mins, put the chips on the tray, spray with lots of fry light again, then cook for 25 -30 minutes. I like to season them with salt and vinegar. Everyone says they taste like chippy chips!! :) xxx

I need to !! it's on my shopping list for next time.. I keep forgetting it.. also need to get some for work i dont have it in coffee only on cereal. cheers for the reminder xx

SW chips are yummy and i always manage to get great ones :) Make sure you use maris piper ones, peel em, cut em up so they are about 1cm thick (i dont think this really matters so long as you dont make them french fy thin!). Put them in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes (no longer otherwise they go mushy really quick). Take them out, drain them in a sieve, put them back in the (now dry but still hot) pan and give em a shake. Lay them out on some kitchen towel to cool. Spray a baking tray with baking foil on it with lots of fry light. After 10 mins, put the chips on the tray, spray with lots of fry light again, then cook for 25 -30 minutes. I like to season them with salt and vinegar. Everyone says they taste like chippy chips!! :) xxx

dont have maris piper so will try them with the ones i have and see how it goes, thanks for the instructions tho cos i am a bit clueless when it comes to cooking / timing.. i'll let ya know how they turn out ! :D

SAT - trying to stay on track !!

i'm doing my diary up to now for today in the hope if i write it down i'll stay on track ! had a stressful day, First next sale !, then breakfast at cafe with Oh and toddler.. I ended up having 1/2 slice of toast (white) .. thats it i didn't risk anymore as it all looks greasy !

and to top it off trying to find cheap flights to s france for my brothers wedding.. wouldn't be so bad but he wants us to practically take the entire contents of asda with us "it's cheaper" which is bumping up air prices as i would have preferred to just take hand luggage.. then need ryanair to confirm my 2 year old can also have same hand luggage and if we'll have to pay for his buggy ! their website is rubbish and i nearly grabbed chocolate it was stressing me that much.... so i have calmed will not book anything until i can speak with them on monday and not EAT..

anyway enough rambling back to food diary

Breakfast:- 1/2 Slice of white toast ( no idea so 3 SYN)
Weetabix, Milk, banana ( HEXA)

Lunch
ham salad with LF cheese (2SYN) branston (2SYN) LF salad cream (1SYN)
Mugshot
Strawberries with muller light

Dinner - Yet to make
Homemade spag bolls - (2SYN for the tomato puree - does anyone know a good substitute?)
Fruit

Total SYN = 10

Tomato puree is 0.5 syns per tablespoon. Do you use 4tbsp per portion or for the whole thing? I always use tinned tomatoes and only add some puree if it needs thickening.

Enjoy it.

ooh i thought i read it was 2 per spoonful? Great only 0.5 syns thanks x

ah thanks hun.. xxx

another dinner disaster !! will be going over today !

Today started well !!

Breakfast -
Beans
Mushroom
Egg
1 slice wholemeal Toast ( HEXB)
1 coffee (1/2 HEXA)

Lunch
made leek pasta it went and ended up in the bin !so grabbed the wrong thing as i forgot how high bread was if not used as HEXB!!
2 x Wholemeal Bread - (9SYN - thick slice:eek:)
wafer thin Ham
LF Cheese 1/2 HEXA
Fruit

Dinner
Roast Chicken ( no skin no fat)
Broccolli
Carrot
Cabbage
Potato's
Paxo Stuffing (4.5 SYN)
Gravy - (2 SYN)
Yorkshire pudding (3 SYN)

OOps so 18 SYNS, ah well i have some saved from the week and i'm looking forward to my roast dinner now my lunch turned out horrible !! has anyone got any suggestions on how i can cut back the Syns ( without taking my yorkshire pudd or stuffing ball away from me lol )

Monday - EE - low syns make up for going over yesterday

Breakfast
Weetabix HEXB , Milk HEXA - sugar ( 1 SYN)
banana
Orange
Plum

Lunch
LF Super Noodles
Strawberries n Mullerlight

Dinner
SW Meatballs in passata, n tomato's with SW chips (YUM)
Pineapple
Apple
Strawberries

Snacks - 2 SYN for coffee's
alpen light - 3.5

Total 6.5 SYN

Last edited:
wicked thansk for that i'll defo do that next sunday xx

Tuesday EE

breakfast
weetabix (HEXB) MIlk (HEXB)
Banana

Lunch
Mugshot
Pineapple
apple
Strawberries

Dinner
Roast beef
Roast potato's (Frylight)
Cabbage
Broccoli
Carrots
1 yorkshire pudding (3SYNS)
Gravy (made with beef juice prob all my syns left lol )

Hey Hun,

Just checking in to say hi, as you've been giving some support on my food diary!! Now I've found yours, I'll keep popping in to see how you're getting on!!

Looks like you're doing great chick! Just checking when you say cherry mullerlight, that is just the plain cherry one, not the chocolate and cherry one, as I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that one is 2 syns?

Other than that, keep it up!!

:)

aw thanks for dropping by i find the support on here brilliant.. yes they are just the cherry ones, I try to stay away from the choc sprinked ones and the alpen light with chocolate cos i know once i get a taste for chocolate there is no stopping me !! LOL xx

Back