Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

hi Gemsta. am in the same boat as u done slimming world before lost 2 stone then it gradually crept bk on. decided enough is enough so I am going it alone this time :( been on here all morning getting some ideas when I came across ur fab thread. I will b subscribing and look forward to following ur journey. x

Welcome Leslay! Thank-you and thanks for subbing. Good Luck on your journey and let me know if you start your own thread and I'll pop by and sub too. Having my diary here and interaction really helps me and as I hoped people here have become my group :)

Hi Gemsta hope you had a good weekend away? Just wanted to let you know I tried your recipe for secret roasties yesterday and needless to say they were a hit! :)

Hi Char, It was lovely thanks very much, I love getting away to stay with the family :) Really pleased to hear the roasters were a hit for you! :)

Tuesday 24th February - EESP
22,529 steps (10.66 miles)

HEXa -250ml milk
HEXb1 - 35g Porridge Oats
HEXb2 - 1 Benefit Bars (counts as 'S')

Breakfast
Porridge Oats made with milk served with fresh strawberries and raspberries
Options Choc Orange - 1 1/2 syns

Lunch
was sleeping...

NAS Squash

Dinner
Salmon served with salad (1.5 syns for Lighter than Light Mayo)
Pear
Cup of Tea - 2 syns (for sugar)

For work
1 Benefit Bar
NAS Squash
Snack-a-Jacks - 4 1/2 syns

Total Syns - 9.5 syn

Last edited:
Wednesday 25th February - EESP
23,959steps (11.34 miles)

HEXa - 250ml milk
HEXb1 - 60g Wholemeal Bap
HEXb2 - 2 Benefit Bars

Breakfast
Fresh Grapefruit segments and strawberries
Bacon, Egg, Tomato & Mushroom Bap
brekkie.jpg

Lunch
probably be sleeping... had a glass of diet orangeade, 2 x clementines and a apple when got up

Dinner
Roast Chicken with roasted vegetables and some gravy - 3 syns
Glass of Orangeade

Hot Chocolate (to use HEXa) - 3.5 syns

Work tonight...
Benefit Bar
Fruit and NAS Squash

Total Syns - 8 syns

Last edited:
Ummm, breakfast looks yum!

Hiya Jellybean...it was lovely and filled me up nicely.

My excitement about weighing in after 4 days of EESP for a boost I now hope is not in vain! Bloody * week has began, I'm hoping that don't effect my loss this week like it usually does :(

Oh that's rubbish :-( let's hope you still have a good resultx

I know... well hopefully if it doesn't show this week it should next, which is usually the way :)

Just in from work and as they say...curiosity killed the cat...I sneaked a peek on the scales and am gutted it's showing 1/2lb loss. Damn feckin' * week!
Will have to see what it says tomorrow but can't see it changing much between now and then :( Almost 4 days of EESP for virtually nowt, unless I see better results next week once * weeks done??? Guess we will just have to see what happens...

Thursday 26th February - EESP
23,938 steps (11.33 miles)

HEXa -250ml milk
HEXb1 - 35g Porridge Oats
HEXb2 - 60g Wholemeal Bap

Breakfast
Porridge Oats made with milk served with fresh strawberries and raspberries

Lunch
Sleeping.... (try to stay awake apart from a nap on Thursday but am working again tonight, but only until 1 so not too bad!) Diet Orangeade and 2 clementines

Dinner
Homemade Burger & Salad (3 syns for Mayo for slaw)
Strawberry & Orange Choccy Cheesecake (GORGEOUS! Recipe on next page) 5.5 syns
burger with a kick.jpg

Total Syns - 10 syns

Last edited:
Cheers Kirsty... I know... Guess I'm just disappointed because I've been so good...and for me to give up potatoes and not have any for 4 days is a massive thing..lol.. God knows how some people are clocking 8-10lb a week on EESP..lol..

Try not to feel disheartened... I did a sneaky weigh in Monday and had gained 2 lb, but weigh in this morning showed I lost 4 lb!!! Especially pay no attention of it's not at the same time you usually weigh in! And, as kirsty said, it's in the right direction!

That's great!!... well done you!!! We shall see what tomorrow brings!!...lol.. But if it's naff and I don't see any difference next week EESP can kiss my carb loving behind and it's back to good old EE for me!! ;) ..lol..

I made a lovely pudding for after! Well 2 actually (one for another tomorrow)

Strawberry & Orange Choccy Cheesecake

strawberry orange cheescake.jpg

Syns per serving - 5.5 syns or 2.5 (Only if using a Bar form your HEB)

I used the following to make 2 puddings.

1 Tub of Quark
2 Aldi Benefit Choc & Fudge Bar (3 syns each) No Syns if you use a bar from your HE
1 Option Orange Belgian Sachet (keep a tiny bit back to decorate) (1.5 syns)
2 Cube from a big bar of Galaxy (1 syn each)
Clementine segmented and pith peeled from
2 Strawberries to decorate

1) Add the Quark to a bowl and sprinkle a bit at the time of the options into the Quark then stir to mix in well. Repeat until the powder has nearly all gone. Keep a little back to dust the top of the pudding ;)
2) Heat the benefit bars in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften them then open and drop into the bottom of 2 small ramekin/dish.
3) Layer your clementines over the bottom off the newly added bases
4) Add half the quark mixture to each dish
5) Then decorate the top with either grated choc (I used scissors to snip away at the chocolate so I'd be able to taste it more, one cube per pudding) then add a chopped strawberry and use the little powder you save to dust over the top
6) Leave for a good hour in the fridge and enjoy! :)

Actually, now I think of it last week was * week and I lost 1lb, and this week I lost 4 and last month was a similar pattern sts * week, then lost 3lb! Hubz might be onto something there!

Dessert looks delish!

I've not tried anything but ee, mainly cos I'm not sure I 'get' the other plans haha!!!

I usually find that it's the same myself tbh. I just really wanted to get my 3 stone and into the 12's this week...lol..

SP is ok tbh..it's just you don't have any pasta or potatoes. Everything you have has to be Protein or Superfood. So some fruits are off limits like bananas, blueberries and grapes to name a few, but not much more really. I just looked at the free foods list and didn't get this in this week, but I did only do 4 days worth. So it means cooked breakfasts or cereal as one of the HEXb as you get 2 of those on SP instead of 1, and salad with most meals or just vegetables with meats. I really don't think I could do more than a few days on it I'm beginning to really miss my SW chips and pasta/rice too much now!

Back