Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Thanks Natasha! :)

I saw you'd lost 1lb...ain't it funny? If someone said to me now...you can loose 1lb a week every week until you get to target, don't know about you but I'd take it! It's the STS that get me down, but now I have something to look at and think, don't feel bad, look how far you've come! x

I'm always the same when I loose 1lb, from now on I'm going to try and be more positive about it all, whether it's 1lb or STS..lol

Sunday 15th February

HEXa - 35g NuMe Cheddar
HEXb - 2 Benefit Bars

Breakfast
Apple, Melon, Grapes, Pineapple fruit salad and a banana

Lunch
Was sleeping... back to work tonight so had to get some sleep following hardly any last night

Dinner
Stuffed Peppers with mushroom, red and white onion and cous cous topped with HEXa cheese served with SW chips and salad Lighter than Light Mayo - 1/2 syn
Diet Orangeade

Snacks
Banana, Apple and Benefit Bars (HEXb)
Squash
Cup of tea with milk and sugar - 3 syns

Total Syns = 4 1/2 syns

Last edited:
Hi Gemsta...I found you! Just read the last couple of pages of your diary. Looks like we have similar tastes so might get some meal ideas from you!!!

Your before and after photos are AMAZING! How long has that taken you? You must be feeling pretty amazing!

Thanks Zafira! x

Welcome Jellybean33, feel free to let me know how you get on with anything you try! Our favs are the SW Donner Kebab and SW KFC at the moment and worth the effort in preparation.

Thanks for the comment re my pics. I began SW at the end of August last year so I've been doing it about 5 1/2 months now. The before pic was took at the end of May last year on holiday, so I could have been bigger when I began SW than I was there, I'm really not sure cos I used to avoid the scales like the plague...lol... Like I say you don't realise when you see yourself day in day out, so yes, when I see those pictures I am very happy.

Monday 16th February

12,737 steps (6.03 miles) at work last night :)

HEXa - 250 ml milk
HEXb - 2 weetabix

Breakfast
Options Choc Orange - 1 1/2 syns
Weetabix, milk and chopped banana

Lunch
Sleeping..lol.. Raw carrot as I prepped for tea and a glass of diet orangeade

Dinner
Chicken Chow Mein
Diet Orangeade

Snacks for work tonight
Squash
Snack-a-Jacks - 4 1/2 syns
Banana

Total Syns = 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Thank-you Lisa :)

Tuesday 17th February

25,344 steps at work last night (12 miles!) :D

HEXa -35g NuMe Cheese
HEXb -2 Benefit Bars

Breakfast
Bacon, mushroom omelet with small tin of beans

Lunch
Sleeping

Dinner
Tuna Mayo with Jacket and Salad and HEXa -
4 syns for Mayo in Slaw and Tuna

Snacks for work tonight

Benefit Bars (HEXb)
Squash and apple

Total Syns - 5.5 syns

Last edited:
What kind of pedometer do you use? I'm thinking of buying one but am a bit baffled by all the fancy ones out there that monitor your sleep and everything. I just want it to count my steps!

Hiya Bubbly, Hubz and Pootle

I work as a Night Crew Supervisor at Waitrose, the branch is approximately 30,000 sqft, main tasks, working stock to the shelves in prep for the next day. Yes, I get around..lol.. some nights more than others depending on how much we have to work, the area I'm working and if I have any other issues such as fridge alarms go off etc. I've only been in the role since the end of November I worked as a Supervisor in the Petrol Station at work which was very tiny so even though I kept busy there wasn't far to walk and I good chunk of my day was in the office, so I get ya Bubbly :)

Pootle, I use the app on my Samsung mobile phone, it's pretty good to be fair, it does count every step though as opposed to some that only kick in after 12 consecutive steps and so on. I've had others in the past. The only down point for me personally is it resets at midnight. But I can work out the difference as it records every days results for you :)

It does help, not to mention the bending, lifting and stretching..lol.. I was off work last week and was good am sure it was cos I wasn't doing the normal routine. They are worth looking into and an eye opener :)

Wednesday 18th February

12905 steps at work last night ( 6.11 miles!) :D

HEXa -250ml milk
HEXb -35g porridge oats

Breakfast
Porridge Oats made with milk 2 chopped bananas and bowl of strawberries

Lunch
Sleepin
g.. bag of Snack-a-Jacks - 4.5 syns

Dinner
SW KFC... I Think with chips, mushroom & onion spicy bean mix (Some superfree..Mmmmmm!)

(Spray a saucepan with Frylight, chop a onion into chunky slices and halve again (I like to use a red one)
cook for a few minutes then add your chopped mushrooms cook until softened or to your liking. Add a tin of beans and then a splash of Worcestershire sauce and some hot paprika or chilli powder, stir well until heated through.

Snacks for work tonight

Squash
Apple
Banana
Snack-a-Jacks -
4.5 syns

Total Syns - 10.5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 19th February

23,711 steps at work last night (11.2 miles!) :D

HEXa -35g NuMe 30% Reduced Fat Cheddar
HEXb -2 Benefit Bars

Breakfast
Grapefruit & Melon

Lunch
Sleeping..so had an apple when I woke

Dinner
Bow Tie Bolognese (What we call Spag Bol with Farfalle pasta)
Couple Pancakes from mix - allowing
10 syns with strawberries
Diet Orangeade

Total Syns - 13 syns

Last edited:
Back