Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Looking good my lovely :) Glad you have a lovely time, cider is always the worst for hangovers! And such high syns - but who cares!!

Sarah I love cider too but you are right it is a bit synful! My WI tonight so I'm hopeful. Look forward to meeting everyone on this thread soon. hugs Donna x

Welcome Donna :)

Food looks good Gem. If I have a drink it is always cider. Love it.

Nothing beats a cold refreshing cider in my book ;)

Another cider fan here! Sainsbury's do a lovely elderflower one, it comes in a small bottle and is only 7 syns! Even though it is small, it is worth it :)

Aspalls I love! Cold cider and a beer garden is the best :D
Though I also love a cold glass or rose or white..... Or anything alcoholic! Hahaha

Looking great Gem!

I never used to be a cider fan but since I found Rekordalig << definitely not how you spell it lol!! I love it!! the passionfruit one is amazing yum!!!! I quite like kopperberg as well!!

I love cider too, I've been avoiding it since I started SW. Kopparburg pear and elderflower is yum :)

Hey guys.

Another STS this week. I'm feeling so very fed up I could literally cry. Apart from the cider, which when you look at syns for the week I was not that far over by much though I never counted those on the day, I've been good and on plan so am gutted with a 2nd STS for the 2nd week. I know it's not a gain and I should be grateful, but it's so annoying when your trying and increasing your exercise trying different meals and nowt changes. Only had my usual options today with porridge oats, milk and banana. Was thinking sod it and having a large bowl of Shreddies, but I didn't. I'm not sure if I should just forget about it now until we come back from hols as I have things on now at the weekends before we go or carry on as I am until we go. My only concern is another 2 weeks of these kinda results I don't want it to effect the holiday in terms of me being down and becoming a martyr with the food. Sorry to be all down and fed up..don't mean to bring anyone down with me, just need to vent as people that don't get the journey just say you've lost enough now anyway don't worry.

Don't give up chick, I know it's disheartening. Are you taking measurements? It could be the increase in exercise that's doing it, it'll pay off soon enough! Keep thinking about Sharm and how fab you're going to look!! x

oooh I love cider over everything - Aspalls is gorgeous, Thatchers is another fav, if no other on, Bulmers pear or Strongbow for me - I cant stand Magners and don't really do fruity ones, although the Strawberries and Lime bulmers just tastes like pop!! :7834:

Aww hun, that's exactly how I felt after my STS on Monday. Crap isn't it? :bighug:

But...don't give up. You have come so far, and lost so much. I know it's rubbish, to get an STS when you've tried so hard. But try and think of it this way: does it matter, really, in the long term grand scheme of things, if you don't reach that mini target by your holiday? Even if you STS between now and then, you are still almost 4 stone down! You are, and should, feel amazing anyway!!

Also, you've increased your exercise recently, did you know that if you work muscles beyond what they're normally used to they'll retain water until they recover? So you could have a hidden loss.

Go and look at some of your before photos, and remind yourself of how far you've come! And then take a deep breath, say you're not going to let an STS beat you, and carry on x

I'm thinking could be the exercise. You'll only be annoyed with yourself if you give up completely now, two weeks before your holiday, then a holiday will be harder to recover from. Have a blow out evening if you have to then back to it.

Maybe try some more SP days or upping your speed foods, you can still loose some more before your holiday which would be fab.

Thanks Clair and Hubz :)

I know your both right deep down. It's just hard now as the losses slow down or drop off. I never thought I'd get as far as I have done and neither did anyone else I know either I think..lol..

We have had a chinese tonight. Ray came home, I got all upset about the STS, which looking back now is rather pathetic..lol.. I think it's just the first time I've felt like I've lost my mojo. I've had my share of blips like we all do, but after a long hug of Ray and him telling me as you have...not to give in now and how far I have come that we would have Chinese so I can see it's not worth it...lol.. And he was right, I didn't really enjoy it at all. So back on it (I know...again!) tomorrow 100%. I do have some plans the weekend, but we all have a life and that means it has a habit of getting in the way. So lets take it day by day and see if I can get a loss next week :)

Good to see you're keeping at it :)
No good in letting STS's etc get us down....got to keep at it as much as possible, and the benefits will come in the end :)
Otherwise, before we know it, we would be back where we started and all our previous efforts would have been in vain :)
That's what i'm thinking at the moment.....keep trying, and it will all pay off eventually ....frustrating when it takes so long....but hey-ho, all part of the journey, ups/downs /STS's :)

Mojo has an annoying habit of not always wanting to stick around! All we can do is keep at it as best we can, and in the long run we shall achieve what we have all set out to do, be healthier and happier within ourselves :) Move on from the Chinese food, and focus on the week ahead. Maybe find a balance between SW meals you love, and trying new recipes, that could help you to feel excited about what you plan to eat.

And what Denn says is so true!

Back