Going it alone...so my diary and you I hope become my group! :)

Saturday 30th January - EE

HEXa - 125ml milk & 2 Laughing Cows Light Triangles
HEXb - 2 x Alpen Light Bars

Breakfast
Full English - 2 x WW Sausages (1 syn), 4 Bacon Medallions, 2 x eggs, Baked Beans, Plum Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Potato Grits and a few cups of coffee

Coffees
Pear and Nectarine

Lunch
Dutch Crispbakes (4.5 syns) with half HEXa

Dinner
Chicken Madras, Mushroom Fried Rice and SW Wedges

Syns
WW Sausages x 2 - 1 syn
3 x Dutch Crispbakes - 4.5 syns
2 x Hershey's Cookies & Cream - 7 syns

12.5 syns for the day

Last edited:
Forgot to say for those who have been asking about Ray he has STS this week! I don't think he is eating enough myself :)

Sunday 31st January - EE (Last day of January already!? Where did that month go!?)

HEXa - 250ml milk
HEXb - 35g Sultana Bran

Breakfast
Sultana Bran and milk with a sliced banana
Coffee with Caramel syrup

Pear

Lunch
Roast Beef dinner - Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, Sweet Potato Mash, Broccoli, Kale, Carrots and Leeks (Gravy - 2 syns and 1/2 tsp English Mustard)
Diet Pop

Homemade Rice Pudding with 1/2 tsp choc shot strawberries - 2 syns (Recipe below!)

Dinner
Some sort of fried rice dish :)

Syns
Gravy - 2 syns
Mustard - 0.5 syns
Rice pudding with 1 tsp Choc Shot - 2 syns

4.5 syns for the day

Last edited:
Oh My Days!!!!!!!!! I just made a lush Rice Pudding in my Rice cooker! It was fab and could even work out syn free if you used the milk as your HEXa. Here is how I did it :)

Using the measuring cup that came with my Rice cooker I added 2 cups of Pudding Rice, 1 cup of sweetener and 850ml of Unsweetened Almond Milk (you can use 875ml as your HEXa!) and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Cook until the rice is cooked and the milk is thickened stirring occasionally. Share into 4 servings (synning the milk works out at 6 syns = 1.5 syns per serving)

I enjoyed mine with 1 tsp Choc Shot stirred through and some fresh strawberries! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBNMoZqqKio/?taken-by=gemsta1977

It was soooo good! I am tempted to do curry of some sort again tonight! ...lol.. And yes...sponge fingers real winner for me. I'm tempted to make some more jellies up with just the sponge fingers... the jelly and sponge was always my fav bit of trifle as a kid! ;)

The paste ws a winner! I made it first and let it marinade for about 20 mins while I made the sauce and the meat was so tasty! X

Amazing the difference it makes! The longer the better too! :) Glad you enjoyed it anyway x

Weighed in this morning and lost 1/2lb. I am quite happy with that after the slightly dodgy week. New month, new week aim for a 100% on plan week :)

Monday 1st February - EE

HEXa - 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
HEXb - 2 Alpen Light Bar

Breakfast
Was at group but a few cups of tea after weigh in.

Lunch
Jacket Potatoes served with Baked Beans with added red onion and mushrooms, HEXa cheese and onion, cucumber and tomato salad.
Diet Pop

Dinner
Chilli Con Carne with rice - onions, peppers, mushrooms, leeks, passata and red kidney beans and rice
Diet Pop
SW Trifle - 4 syns

For work tonight
NAS Squash
Nectarine
Apples
Pear
Alpen Bars

Syns
100ml milk - 2.5 syns
SW Trifle - 4 syns

6.5 syns for the day

Last edited:
I'm happy with any loss I get now. I've learned to accept that the best I can hope for is anywhere up to 2lb a week so it's all good...as you say it's defo in the right direction!..lol..

Tuesday 2nd February - EE

HEXa - 250ml milk
HEXb - 2 Weetabix

Breakfast
HEXb with HEXa an 1 extra Weetabix (3 syns) and a coffee and a Pink & White Wafer (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Mug Shot, Muller Light, Diet Pop, a apple and a Pink & White Wafer (2.5 syns) when I got up.

Was still a bit hungry so whipped up some Houmous and carrot sticks, but it was syn free! :)
Diet Pop

Dinner
Aldi Applebys Slow Cooked Minted Lamb Shoulder, chilled 380g pack, half pack (1 syn), Roast Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Green Beans and Sprouts with Gravy (2syns)
Diet pop
Mullerlight Choc Orange with choc shot filled raspberries (1 syn)

For work
NAS Squash
Apples
Pear
Benefit Bar (2.5 syns)

14.5 syns

Last edited:
hey love! Just been catching up and that rice pudding looks SO good! MMMM gonna have to give that a go at some point. Like you said 1/2 is good, its all coming off and when you know you haven't been n it 100% then a loss is a loss! Have you planned for the week ahead?

How are you going to get more food into ray if you think thats the issue? STS is still really good, but obviously he wants to see results not just a maintain. What is is fav thing to snack on (bar the naughty stuff...as we all know they are really our faves ;))

Might well get a bit more Body Magic in later :)

Haha read that and my mind went to the gutter.... :rolleyes::oops::D

Hey hun, Just caught up with yours too..lol.. I am so far 100% on it.. I even just made some Humous! I'm not a fan but forced myself to eat it with some carrot sticks..lol.. God help them at work tonight..I over did the Garlic! :O ..lol..

I think his main issue was that he had a cold so he just wasn't eating much at all. We know you need to eat on this diet to loose. He still gets confused with his HEXs and I have to constantly make sure he has them and remind him to have his syns. He also had a orange after his dinner last night (Ray and fruit don't normally mix) so this is a positive. I've told him to try have one a day as apart from grapes is the only fruit he will eat. Think we shall see how he does this week if not he is obviously going wrong somewhere so I will need to double check his foods...either that or the little s&*%^ is lying to me...lol.. ;) x

PS
hey love! Just been catching up and that rice pudding looks SO good! MMMM gonna have to give that a go at some point. Like you said 1/2 is good, its all coming off and when you know you haven't been n it 100% then a loss is a loss! Have you planned for the week ahead?

How are you going to get more food into ray if you think thats the issue? STS is still really good, but obviously he wants to see results not just a maintain. What is is fav thing to snack on (bar the naughty stuff...as we all know they are really our faves ;))

Haha read that and my mind went to the gutter.... :rolleyes::oops::D

You really are worse than me!...lol.... Oh and after 15 years of marriage and 17 together..that's like Christmas in this house.... once a bloody year! ;) x

Hey hun, Just caught up with yours too..lol.. I am so far 100% on it.. I even just made some Humous! I'm not a fan but forced myself to eat it with some carrot sticks..lol.. God help them at work tonight..I over did the Garlic! :O ..lol..

I think his main issue was that he had a cold so he just wasn't eating much at all. We know you need to eat on this diet to loose. He still gets confused with his HEXs and I have to constantly make sure he has them and remind him to have his syns. He also had a orange after his dinner last night (Ray and fruit don't normally mix) so this is a positive. I've told him to try have one a day as apart from grapes is the only fruit he will eat. Think we shall see how he does this week if not he is obviously going wrong somewhere so I will need to double check his foods...either that or the little s&*%^ is lying to me...lol.. ;) x

Wow go you! I haven't made the humous...did you like it? Was it easy to make? I love it but would never think to make my own. Haven't had any since i started SW (I think!)

Oh no, not the dreaded man flu! SW is a tough one to get your head around anyway without adding in a cold (and the fact that he's a guy ;):p)

Haha love it... you'll have to hire a PI if this carries on the check on him. Like that secret eaters programme!!

PS

You really are worse than me!...lol.... Oh and after 15 years of marriage and 17 together..that's like Christmas in this house.... once a bloody year! ;) x

Hahaha thats a long time of being together - I've been with my OH for 5 and thats long enough ;) No only joking...or am i! xxx

Houmous was easy! I've never really had it much before and I would much rather sit and dip my carrots in Thousand Island or a creamy Onion and Garlic dip, but I thought..no be good Gem!..lol..

It was 2 small tins of chickpeas (or 1 large I only had the 2 little ones I'd brought to chuck in tangines) 2 cloves of garlic, pressed into the the blender with the chickpeas. then 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of greek yogurt, salt and pepper and a sprinkle cayenne pepper (I added a bit more yogurt too and lemon juice to get the consistency a bit better for me personally) was ok...but like I say I am not a massive houmous fan, just trying to mix it up and stay on plan, I;m sure you could experiment too I saw another recipe for a roasted red pepper one too :)

I shall see how he does this week, he took a portion of Pork Stir Fry I froze last week for lunch and also a Mugshot had his HEXb and HEXa before work, so just need to make sure he has his orange later and his syns and then I know with what we are havig for tea he's on plan today..lol..

Back