going on the pill and weight gain

roundrachel

Silver Member
My doctor has suggested I go on the pill to stop cysts on my ovaries coming back and managing my periods (which have always been a problem even before LL)

Obviously it'd be great if I could sort things out but I'm worried I'll put on weight. In theory going on the pill doesn't necessarily mean I'll put on weight but my appetite may increase- I'll just have to keep not eating and I think i'll deal with it ok.

Just wondered if anyone else has any thoughts/experiences they can share as to if I should start on it or not and if it'll mean me putting on weight :-(

I was thinking about this the other day as i came of the pill as thought that was the reason I put on weight, but after I came of it I put on more weight so seems like the pill had nothing to do with it. I have quite bad spots at the moment and was thinking of going back on the pill as the one I used to be on helped with my spots. So I was wondering if it would affect LL. i dont imagine it will. It cant make us gain weight if we arent eating! Would be nice to know if anyone has experience of this.

i just got my bar (implant) changed on mon and to am hoping it wont mess with the weight loss!! ive no advise really hunni just go for it but keep close eye on your weight etc!! xxx

I have the Implant...i have had no weight problem. The only thing me and my man have noticed is we have had a few spotzz...Arghhhhh
And i have had period for 3 weeks..booo

lynn i had the implant for 3 years and never had probs but just got it changed so was a tad afraid id blow up so hopefully itll be ok!!!lol

thanks for the advice. Have bitten then bullet and started taking it. As you say, just keep a close eye on my weight and I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Back