Going the distance............here we go again

Have u tried sennocote? Not sure if they are allowed but they used to work for me? Saying that I'm on day 6 and haven't been yet so may need some myself soon,

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately, yes...............it normally works for me, but not this time :sigh:

Don't let yourself go too long without going - would hate you to get to the stage I was at!!

xxxx

Every other time I've done CD I have had the OPPOSITE problem :rolleyes:

Right - off to get some Dr Peppers Zero - what's the worst that could happen? :p

xxx
bless ya toots...... i know your pain hun this time last week i was the same.!!

try movicol from the chemist 20 for £11.00 take it daily i got a stash from the hospital x

Banana and Ryvita does sound very odd but then things that shouldn't go together often do ^^ I hope it works for you , let us know, but not in too much detail please lol

Nothing has happened yet but I don't feel as gripey!! Sense a wee bit of a problem in that it is nom nom!! :p

bless ya toots...... i know your pain hun this time last week i was the same.!!

try movicol from the chemist 20 for £11.00 take it daily i got a stash from the hospital x

What is movicol? Is it a wham bam fix or a gentle everyday thing? Ta
xxx

Being bunged up is the worst....sorry.

The thing that I have found really good are linseeds (golden if poss but ordinary do fine) - you can get them from holland and b or a lot of supermarkets these days. They are small little seeds-you soak them in water for at least 1/2 an hour - overnight is fine - they become really f
gloopy and you swallow a desert spoon or so without chewing and them chug some water- have a few times a day and they work an absolute treat. They take a bit of getting used to but it is well worth it. You can also regularly have a spoonful a day to avoid the prob in the first place.....I always intend to do that and then remember when it's too late...doooh!!

Last edited:
Nothing has happened yet but I don't feel as gripey!! Sense a wee bit of a problem in that it is nom nom!! :p

What is movicol? Is it a wham bam fix or a gentle everyday thing? Ta
xxx
its a powder for oral solution "effective relief from constipation"
can take up to 8 sachets a day within a 6 hour period.

im using this to keep it away and laxative every weeked for a boost.
ive been doing a poo everyday now toots, and will have a few of my exante tomorrow. hoping it will not bung me up badly again.x

Ryvita and banana - gorgeous :)

I found ducolax is the best thing for me, mind you I have to take a few but its great :)

Being bunged up is the worst....sorry.

The thing that I have found really good are linseeds (golden if poss but ordinary do fine) - you can get them from holland and b or a lot of supermarkets these days. They are small little seeds-you soak them in water for at least 1/2 an hour - overnight is fine - they become really f
gloopy and you swallow a desert spoon or so without chewing and them chug some water- have a few times a day and they work an absolute treat. They take a bit of getting used to but it is well worth it. You can also regularly have a spoonful a day to avoid the prob in the first place.....I always intend to do that and then remember when it's too late...doooh!!

Oooh - think I have used these before on a detox diet - can you have them on a VLCD? Would be interesting!! Ta

its a powder for oral solution "effective relief from constipation"
can take up to 8 sachets a day within a 6 hour period.

im using this to keep it away and laxative every weeked for a boost.
ive been doing a poo everyday now toots, and will have a few of my exante tomorrow. hoping it will not bung me up badly again.x

Might give these ago when I'm more office based - just in case they're super effective ;)

Good luck for tomorrow - hope you stay......erm........loose

Ta muchly

xxxx

I found ducolax is the best thing for me, mind you I have to take a few but its great :)
How much is a few starlight?? as this constipation is stopping me from vcld propley.! it's such a pain by day 5 i feel and notice difficulty in going to the loo x

So so yummy - the banana not the dulcolax

Normally dulcolax sorts the problem big style (bunged up on Exante but not CD usually) - but this time - nada????:confused: Do you take more than 2?

xxx

Can I just say? It's taken me 18 pages but my diary has finally sunk to the depths of sewer talk. Quite good for me - I usually manage to lower the tone within a few sentences ;)

xx

I have used the linseeds on vlcd and atkins no prob. TMI - they come out the other side whole so there should be no probs -Iit is the gloopiness that helps thing along so to speak. They are also great as they are non-explosive (for want of a better expression) as some of the other over the counter laxatives can be!!!

Will go to Asda after gym tomorrow - do you think I'll get them there?
Ta

xxx

Should do. I know sainsburys and waitrose have them. Try the "free from" or health food sections and don't give up if you ask an assistant and they say "linwhat....nah we don't have those" - has happened to me!

.....just checked asda do have golden linseed online so should have in store.

Ta, Chick. Tempted to go and get some now but have changed into my jimjams to prevent a chocolate run ;)

Just checked in my cupboard but must have thrown them out - can't remember if it was because they were out of date or that the little blighters get EVERYWHERE!!

xxx

Well I got the pearls? and it says between 2 and 4 so I took 4 the first time cos I hadnt been in about a week, got things moving within a day lol

This week I took 3 and again - fine within 24 hours :)

Thanks - think I'll get some in and if things are still........erm.............not happening by next friday I'll give them a go

Thanks again
xxx

Just trying to catch up with the posts haha

Lasagna sandwich... i wonder how i got to 16 stone... haha carb me up baby!!

Im considering trying something to help some "movement" i might do it the day before weigh in, I find if I add loads of pepper to my soups it can sometimes help! But when it doesnt work I do start feeling a bit crappy (no pun intended haha) after a few days.

Back