Going the distance............here we go again

Scary stuff, good idea to stay away tonight and see how you are in the morning. I hope whatever it is you get it sorted soon and start to feel better x

Hi Guys

Thanks for thinking of me and the well wishes

Boiler man got snowed in yesterday buthas been round this morning. He service the boiler THEN checked - no carbon monoxide but he thinks that I'm more than likely right (had turned heating off and opened a few windows when I came round yesterday morning to collect a few bits). Especially as NHS direct advised I go to a walk-in centre on friday night to get myself checked over and my saturation levels were 97% (should be 100) - Dr agreed that that was the most likely cause - especially as made rapid recovery when left house!!

Stopped at folks fri and last night and woke up right as rain!

Got a twin pack of Carbon monoxide alarms and insisted they have one too!!!

Just thanking my lucky stars that I love my job and really wanted to get to work - what if I had decided to call in sick and try and sleep it off?????

Really would advise everyone to get an alarm as I never want ANYONE to feel as ill as I did (or worse) on friday morning!! They're only 15 quid!!!

xxxx

F'in hell, sent shivers up and down me...someone, somewhere is looking after you. If you registered 97% after being out of the house for any length of time then I dread to think how low your sats were when you first woke. Sats recover pretty quick so I reckon you were very very lucky!

I second that, everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector. Can you post where you got yours from so others know

I know, I'm a lucky bugger. I got septicemia during chemo -my chest was bright purple - and still here!!! My biggest problem is I just get on with things which is not always necessarily a good thing :eek: - especially when you're really poorly but are just like "no, I'm fine" and carry on regardless :eek:

You can get them in a lot of places

I got mine from Argos - twin pack for GBP23.99. MAke - Kidde, which is a good make. Also saw some in Fenwicks for 14.99.

Please, anyone reading this, GET ONE!!! It is more common than you think and I have been extremely lucky

xxxx

Very scary stuff indeed, lucky you were aware of the symptoms of cm poisoning. Most people wouldnt know, I've had an alarm for some time now, very glad I am too.

Good news you are back to healthy x

Hi Toots, I am glad you are OK but I wouldn't worry about the 02 Sats as most people are not 100%. I use sat monitors on people most days and most people are 96-97% in my experience. Wiki actually says 95% is normal and smokers may be even lower - see below

"Oxygen saturation" refers to the fraction of hemoglobin that is saturated by oxygen. It is related to the partial pressure of oxygen in the inspired air and, therefore, to altitude. Normal oxygen saturation in an otherwise healthy individual at sea level is > 95%. A useful calculator to predict normal saturation at various altitudes can be found at Altitude.org | Oxygen Levels.

Read more: Answers.com - What is normal oxygen saturation

Glad you got the boiler checked though, just in case :)

Glad it all ended ok & that you are fine ...phew, bet you were worried there.

Hey Toots,

I've just been catching up with your thread.....omg.....thank goodness you were awake that morning!!! I'm really sorry you had to go through that. It's amazing you were level headed enough to get outof the house!!
How are you feeling now?
Xxxxxx

Ps I'm really sorry not to have answered your linseed q, I haven't been on here in over a week with me own issues.

You have have them without rinsing-its all the gloopy goo that helps things along...
I just take a spoonful and then follow it with a glass of water.

Xx

Ps I'm really sorry not to have answered your linseed q, I haven't been on here in over a week with me own issues.

Xx

Thanks
Hope everything is ok with you, hun
xx

glad you are ok - what a scare - thank goodness you realised

Hi

Sorry I've been quiet - have been stopping at folk's house a lot - what with my house poisoning me and the weather being sh!te :p

Will try to catch up soon

Hope you're all well and going strong

xxxx

The weather is really awful! I hope your folks are pampering you whilst you are there!
Hope alls well with you
xxxx

Dad's a chef - there goes the diet :rolleyes:

On a serious note - not been VLCDing. It scared me that I put feeling so tired and disorientated down to the diet and totally missed the first signs that something more serious was going on. :eek:

I know I need to get this weight off and would dearly love to VLCD but am a little nervy of it now. :cry:Add to the fact that at minus 10 degrees it's not weather appropriate!! :sigh:

Going to get my trip out of the way (Dubai again at the weekend for a few days) and re-assess

xxx

It sounds like you do really need some time out.
At least you will have a chance to thaw out for a while in Dubai!!!

Whatever you decide to do afterwards we are wishing you all the best.
Xxxxxx

Cheers, Hun

As title says - my moon boots have arrived! Yay - so cozy and warm. Takes me back to my teens

Am sooooo wearing them on the flight on sunday - don't care if they think I'm barking!!

xxx

I wish I was going to Dubai. The thought of some heat is wonderful.

Hope youre going to stick around even if not vlcding. I certainly plan to even if I go ahead with what Im currently thinking which is a temporary switch to WW.

Back