Going uphill / upstairs with crutches??

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by suicune1992, 10 June 2010 Social URL.

1. suicune1992

suicune1992 New Member

I've tried looking everywhere for a calculator that will tell me how many calories I've burned going uphill or upstairs using crutches. But all of them put these separately (ie., they only have "walking with crutches"-- nothing else!)

I use all four limbs when I walk. My leg gait is the same as that of a non-crutch user, except when I put my left leg forward I put my right arm/crutch forward, and when I put my right leg forward I put my left arm/crutch forward. I also have extremely limited lower leg muscle, but my upper leg muscles are fine.

So if I weigh 104 lbs and am 5'1", about how many calories will I burn walking uphill for about 20 minutes? Going up 10 flights of stairs?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.