Goji berries

I've never heard of "Grand Frais" unfortunately, so must be something local to you, alas. I say alas but that price is ridiculous, rivalling Paris bio shops!! €35 a kilo. Tesco sells 100g for £1.75 as an idea... Online, no worries to find them at about €11 for 500g.

The rules ref gojis are as follows:

In attack: 1 tblespoon per day (maxi)
In Cruise: PP 1 tblespoon per day (maxi); PV 2 tblespoon per day (maxi)
In Consolidation, up to 3 tablespoons (if you're rich)

And if not on a diet (or in Stab hihi!), 30 gojis each MORNING for a three month period gives you good benefits.

I was thinking about trying these today - if only as something to add to the galettes or to snack on at work.

However, as I'm holding out to lose these last couple of pounds, I wonder if it would it be detrimental to introduce something new like this at the moment?

I've never heard of "Grand Frais" unfortunately, so must be something local to you, alas. I say alas but that price is ridiculous, rivalling Paris bio shops!! €35 a kilo. Tesco sells 100g for £1.75 as an idea... Online, no worries to find them at about €11 for 500g.

The rules ref gojis are as follows:

In attack: 1 tblespoon per day (maxi)
In Cruise: PP 1 tblespoon per day (maxi); PV 2 tblespoon per day (maxi)
In Consolidation, up to 3 tablespoons (if you're rich)

And if not on a diet (or in Stab hihi!), 30 gojis each MORNING for a three month period gives you good benefits.

As long as postage doesn't bump it up too much, that's a much better price.

I wasn't really looking, just picked them up as I saw them (had been meaning to try at some point). I would imagine they're cheaper at the organic supermarket - the oatbran is about 80 cents cheaper there per pack compared to this place (which I use for fruit/veg only generally). I'll look next time I'm in. I could live without them quite happily, but think they could be good for winter.

My bio supermarket sells them at €36 a kilo in bags, €34 loose (and there was a lot of dust in the container).

Here's a link for the gojis on line here:
http://paradirect.fr/recherche.php?search=baies+de+goji&choixMarque=

€8 = 250g
€23 = 1K
€59 = 3K

BE... I have one goji muffin on a Sunday afternoon. It's my little treat to myself. It contains 1/3 of a day's (extra) oatbran, and 1/3 tablespoon gojis... (I made a batch of six goji muffins, using normal galette mixture, and froze five quickly... VERY quickly!)

I was thinking about trying these today - if only as something to add to the galettes or to snack on at work.

However, as I'm holding out to lose these last couple of pounds, I wonder if it would it be detrimental to introduce something new like this at the moment?

I should think it would be fine for you to try some, Brownie, especially since it's okay to eat them even during Attack. :)

Earlier in the week Waitrose had gojis on a BOGOF (Sorry not much use for those in France!)

I made a goji galette yesterday. Normal galette recipe with 1 spoonful gojis and 1 of sweetener. Got it pretty flat by pressing on it once turned... Then, later, when ready to eat, stuck it in the toaster. Lovely.

OK, all it needs now is cinammon... and it'd be like a hot cross bun, wouldn't it?

<Go Mouse... Go forth and test... and let me know!>

I've finally got some gojis! Haven't tried them yet, but am planning on some goji muffins later this week. My husband can wait to try them either (curiosity value), but I think he'll hate them as he doesn't like strong, tart-tasting fruit.

Nice idea, Jo, thanks:D.

Goji galette for me on Thursday, yum!

Back