Gok Wan TV on Teenage Obesity tonight...

Annie68

Silver Member
Just thought I'd let anyone who is interested know.. that the fantastic Gok Wan is presenting a programme tonight on teenage obesity on Channel 4

Gok Wan: Too Fat Too Young - 21:00

Looking at him now, it's hard to believe that inspirational stylist Gok Wan was ever overweight. However, it's been well documented that as a teenager he weighed more than 20 stone, so he knows from personal experience what it's like to look in the mirror and not like what you see. He says he also knows what it's like to lose weight and still have body issues. In this serious documentary - a departure in style from his usual fashion-based shows - he explores teenage obesity, the body-image pressures youngsters face and their food addictions and issues. There was no preview DVD at the time of writing, but it's clear that many of their stories mirror his own teenage struggles: "[The stories of] these teenagers are phenomenal - I don't think I stopped crying for three weeks," he's said about filming the programme

This looks very interesting and I love Gok. I'll record this and watch it when OH isn't around - its clashes with CSI so I doubt i'll be "allowed" to watch it!!!
I'll be watching supersize vs superskinny though - love that programme. :)

cant wait to see it. i love super fat vs super skinny, its great how they hit home how unhealthy it is to be underweight too

this programme will bound to get me blubbing - Gok has a habit of tugging at the heart strings doesnt he?

Especially as he was over 21 stone as a teenager himself, so he's gonna know where these kids are coming from and how they feel.

I love Gok though, I think he's fantastic.

Oh lovely Gok! I bet he deals with it really well. I'll be out later but I'll watch it on tinterweb later. Thanks for the reminder :)

Back