Gold Members support thread

How are all the goldies doing this week? I put on last week but lost again this week so im still 2lb over my goal but on my way back to where i should be. Back tracking consistently this week too so fingers crossed i'll be back at goal soon :D

Sorry not been on had a busy time these last 2 weeks. I work in a school and end of summer term is always busy, our boss has retired too so extra parties for her too. think I will have gained about 3lb. Will need to try to get back on it this week. I havent had a chance to maintain yet so need to get back on that too.

*Waves back at sam* welcome.

I feel that pain Sam i yoyoed for about 4 months before things started to stabilise. Its difficult. I think the key is to not think too much about the odd lb here and there because your body fluctuates anyway. I decided to stop tracking and ignore things and ended up putting on 12lb from the weight i had reached and felt so awful with myself. Im now back to 2lb over my original goal but 8lb over my second goal. I'll get back there but its not a nice position to be in.

Sam were u on the Slimming world support forum?
Im back on track today after parties meals out and chocolates from parents, also had a week of eating what I like. Put 1.5lbs on last week, god knows what I have put on this week. I want to get on with trying to maintain.
I wont be giving up on WW I need the rules to follow or I will just keep eating what I want and end up back where I started. I suppose it depends on whether you can maintain without the guidelines of a diet.

Thats a great idea sam. I'm going to adopt that one i think. I suppose i think of my original goal weight as that anyway but thinking of it like that may give me the kick up the backside to stop eating :D

Had a bit of a funny day today had my usual breakfast and lunch but by 3 oclock was starving. Not sure why i was starving and now meant ive come home and snacked on anything i have in. Very odd. Obviously just a hungry day today

Sounds like a good idea once I get back to goal im going to get a few more pounds off as a buffer zone so I dont go over goal again

hi guys,,just popping in to say things are going ok,,i find posting difficult now if i see everyone is having a bad day then i kind of think ah feck it, if there all having a bad day i might as well have one lolgoing to go to weigh in on thurs and see what my official weight is,,feeling pretty fed up to be honest,went shopping today adn felt horrible as my clothes were too big on me and felt like a hobo,,but bought some nice new tops size 10 :) hubby says i'd want to go away and buy myself a bum as mine is gone!!!!i never thought being at goal would be so hard!!!!

Aw Yummy, sorry to hear you are finding it so hard. I have put on 4lb over the last 2 weeks, think I got a little too complacent.
My husband doesnt like the fact that my boobs have shrunk but, you have to remember that you did this for you and if you are happy with the way you look then that's all that matters. Im going out to buy new bras this week because they are all baggy. Being at goal is hard because it is for ever but its better that being overweight. Keep coming in Yummy. Just come straight here.

how is everyone getting on this week??i didnt do too well yesterday but hey todays another day and i'm going to do great:D

Afte putting 4lb on over the 2 weeks after reaching goal I got 3 off last week. This weekend I have been to Scotland with hubby to visit his family, stayed at his daughters so ate takeaway so put at least 2lb on. On Friday we are going to Morecambe to visit an old school friend, so not much chance of dieting then. After that nothing planned so hopefully I can claw this back. Need to create that buffer zone.

i had a birthday so had a few meals out and drinks and NO pointing (i wasn't allowed lol)so as of yesterday im back to 29pp and pretty chuffed with myself that i can relax for a few days and get back on track again!!

Questions!

Hey, new gold member here. Been gold for 2 weeks and just got some questions.

Do you still eat all your weeklies on maintenance? I find if I eat all mine on the minimum I gain.

And the other thing, I'm still on 29pp because I want to lose another half stone before I maintain but as I've had a few 5 gains on the minimum (even without using all weeklies), surely upping them will make me gain more?

:confused:

Thanks for any help :)

Just checking in to say hi. Not been well all week and i have a tendency to feed colds when i have them so have been eating badly all week but then i also figure when you arent well you're body craves what it needs......even if that is pastry and cheese :lol:

Nice one yummymummy and many happy returns :D

And Leightyforty good luck with getting on track. It is difficult when there is so much going on i guess thats why i love the idea of the buffer zone :D

Welcome littlemissthin. Maintenance is about finding your balance. I found the opposite to you no matter how much i ate when i first stopped loosing the weight kept coming off and i would also eat my weeklies. I stopped tracking and the weight loss stopped but now im heavier than my goal. Went back to tracking and im eating both dailies and weeklies and a bit more, hence the weight gain. Got to go back to tracking properly when im well again.

How is everyone doing? Its nice to get other gold members views on how to cope after getting to goal.
I haven't had a chance to maintain yet with going on a binge the first week after getting to goal, then weekends away. Now all that is over I plan to get back to goal then my buffer zone then finally maintenance.

i weighed in today after being good this week,,havent weighed in since june but i lost 5lbs,,i nearly fell off the scales with the shock!!!!!!havent told my hubby as he thinks i've lost enough now and he'll be following me around to see what i'm eating:)

Yummy mummy I'm living with you! I just keep gaining when on the 29 minimum now, even when varying my weeklies :( And I still have 13 lbs to go :(

Time to give myself a kick up the backside. Due to a busy weekend and lots of eating out and lack of motivation this week have manage to put on 4lbs! Im now 6lb above goal :sigh: need to get back on track again.

Im 4 1/2 lbs above goal so back on it this week to get back down, or else I will have to pay lol. Well done Yummy you have got your buffer zone.

you can do it leighforty!!!! im still not happy, still thinking ok get to 9 stone and then can afford to put half a stone as buffer but i'll die if weight goes on again,,and my original goal weight for myself was 10 stone,,i'll never be happy at this rate!!!

Back