Gold Members support thread

Yes the app has a calculator a barcode scanner for scanning barcodes of products a section for recording what you ate somewere to record exercise weight loss and measurements.

Wow great. So you record it like notes on iphone? or like the WW app? And barcode scanner is definitely what is missing from the official app!!
Are the points/calculator accurate?

They seem pretty accurate to me but if you are not sure you can use the calculator to check it out. As its not an official app its not guaranteed but I have used it for a while now and on the whole it works for me.

Hi all :) To get to gold you have to reach your goal weight. Did you set you goal weight yourself or did your group leader? How was it set?
At the start of my journey, I set my own goal but my leader did say I could change it if I wanted. Now, I have a different group leader and am not sure if i should ask to change it? I set it at 9st 7lbs (I was originally 11st 4lbs and weighed in at 9st 13.5lbs last WI) and would like to set it at 9st 11 or 9st 9. Then I could still continue to lose weight if I do want to lose a bit more... as long as I don't gain 5lbs. Is this correct?
Advice appreciated :)

Hey everybody,

I'm maintaining at the minute but I haven't actually joined or went to any weight watcher classes, I've done it all myself...can I still chat on here? lol

I'm just wondering what do you all do to maintain, what works best for each person. I've been maintaining for coming up 3 weeks now but I don't really know which is the best way.

Did you keep counting points or are you trying to maintain without counting?

I think you have to increase your points by about 4-6pp so I'd assume u still count yeah.... I am going to my weigh in tonight. As long as I've lost 1lb I'll be a gold member and be able to get info about maintaining :) so I will hopefully be able to tell you more tonight xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you have to increase your points by about 4-6pp so I'd assume u still count yeah.... I am going to my weigh in tonight. As long as I've lost 1lb I'll be a gold member and be able to get info about maintaining :) so I will hopefully be able to tell you more tonight xx

Thank you, I'm trying this week to up my points by 6, weigh day is Friday...

From what I've heard, it's a battle and harder than losing weight lol! I don't plan to maintain yet... I still want to lose but by reaching my goal it means I won't have to pay to do it. I've lost 1.5st so it's not like I've not earned it lol even tho I know ive lost weight and I do feel that I look better I still keep picking at parts of my body that are still a bit wobbly - typical woman lol

Get my "gold pack" next week apparently... What does that include??

hello everyone :wavey:

i got to goal weight last week and thought i'd join you all for a bit of support.
heard maintenance can be very rocky at first,i'm just taking it easy and increasing points slowly.

Hi fellow Weight Watchers,

I hit my WW goal of 9st 13lbs a while ago and became a gold member so did not have to pay for meetings anymore. My personal goal is 9 stone and I had been doing really well and got down to 9 stone 6lbs. The last three weeks have been a disaster :-( I had a few different things come up close together including 2 short trips away, both of which I ate and drank to my heart's content. I have found it really hard to get back on track since and last night weighed in at 9 stone 9lbs :-( I have been binge eating like you wouldn't believe! Like a yoyo going in and out of the kitchen searching the cupboards. As of today I am tracking again and going to see if I can avoid using my 49 weekly points for the 1st time ever.

I joined WW in late March at a start weight of 11 st 0.5lb and it had been plain sailing until now but I am really struggling with my will power.

BTW Bugsbunny 2000 - I was maintaining for a few weeks on purpose, I was told to increase my THREE points a week and see how I got on. (Granted I missed one meeting but on 29 points a day I lost .5lb in 2 weeks)

Best of luck to everyone this week :)

hi the cat
don't beat yourself up too much you're still under your ww goal weight and you have now identified the problem and can get it back in check.
i find guilt is a lot of peoples undoing as it use to be for me.

was a bit nervous at my WI yesterday as it had been 2 weeks since hitting goal but i was relieved i was the same weight.

I can't stop eating! I have gained about 5lbs in the last few weeks!! Need to really get back onto this diet so I can 1) stay within my goal weight and 2) feel good about myself again!! Even tho I am not the size I was when I started, I am shocked at how much my body changes by gaining a few pounds

I know exactly what you mean. I had a holiday a few weeks ago and havent lost the weight from that, I am going away again next week. Will have about a stone to lose to get back to goal. Went shopping yesterday and couldnt believe how different clothes looked on me.

well done gemelli , great to see you've done it :D

Well it has been an awful long time since i was on here and i've reached that point again where im a little over my goal weight and need to get back on track. Its been a hectic few months with completing my PhD (im now a Dr of soil :) not that im proud at all), moved house, had an awful temp job and now on to a proper job so its all been very chaotic. In amongst all of that i found out i have a problem with my mouth. I have tingling in my lips constantly (I play a brass instrument and its related to that) and i have a problem with my jaw joint called TMJ, a misaligned jaw and i eat only with my back 4 teeth. So 9 months back and forwards to dentists, hospital and GP and all they've managed to tell me so far is eat only soft food, nothing at all that needs chewing. Thats pretty miserable but rather than be sensible about it I got incredibly down (its the instrument playing which gets me most down there) and i ate and ate and ate. Things i shouldnt have been eating for my jaw and when i was eating soft foods it was sugary desserts from the yoghurt aisle, creamy custardy things, rich soups and the list goes on. So i've given myself a telling off and its now time to do what i can to help myself and loose the 6lbs i've put on above my goal weight and let my jaw rest until they decide to help me a bit more on that one. So im back here to get some support to get back to my old weight and happy self :D

Hi peeps - hoping someone can help me. I hit my target on 1 September and am now on the rocky road of maintaining. I followed the WW Propoints plan but did it myself using materials bought direct from WW (the calculator, shop guides etc) and a magazine subscription. There was no local group for me to attend when I first started although there is one now, but I didn't bother as I was doing well enough on my own.

My question is, what info do you get about maintaining? I would love to get my hands on any kind of leaflet and would be happy to pay for any photocopying or postage costs. Would someone be able to help me at all? I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks. xx

Hey, so far I've not seen a thing. Only had mmy points upped by a little, my leader said take it slowly and see what works for you. So far I've eaten everything in sight and it's not working hahaha. But I'm back on maintaining now.

Hi mimi! Good luck, and at least your back with it without going over by too much:)

Back