Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

You look beautiful in a beautiful dress:) It is lovely to read that you feel in control and well. That is a great NSV and the sunshine is a bonus too.

Hope you're ok x

Morning everyone,

sorry I've not been in these past few weeks properly. I've been logging on mfp but have had the week from hell last week and 2 of my dogs needed vets. I've been stuck indoors which has driven me crazy, oh had to work away so have been on my own coping with the dogs, the house and other stuff. It may not sound much but I'd got in to a lovely routine of getting out, exercising and generally being in a good place for it to all come to a sudden stop. He has one more week away and then hopefully I can get back to myself. I HATE BEING STUCK INDOORS but we have the dogs so can't leave for long periods incase they bark and don't stop for neighbours.

Luckily I work mostly from home so this has never been a problem before. Lacey had a couple of days to go before her pups were born but it didn't go well for her and the vet took her in for a c section, 1 pup was alive and well in there right up until they gave the oxytocin which I told them I didn't want for her since it's never brought on contractions but has ended up in stillborns for my poms. They know best though so one and only still born. Bless her coming home all stitched up with no pups.

My starsky had been down for a few weeks and just wasn't himself, wouldn't go for walks, couldn't pee properly and his stomach was distended and his gums were bleeding so in he went for an expensive X-ray to find out he has a swollen prostate (basically horny bugger) so even though everything I'd read online showed liver disease and I'd scared myself mental he is now fine on antibiotics.

Anyway I'm still alive and 9.12.4 today. Have been totm so possibly up a little because of that but I'm doing well on my calories and have behaved myself considerably considering being trapped in doors and not getting my walks and life in I have not succumbed to the angry, depressed food cravings. I've kept myself occupied and understood why I felt I could do with some extra food all week. Because I'm still an addict and when I'm trapped, bored, depressed or stressed I look for my old friend.....I didn't search long this time because it's now become my enemy but it's taken me over a year to realise that.

hope you are all keeping well?

Awh! Lauren your poor doggies. What a stressful time and coupled with being cooked up in the house I can just imagine the resistance/willpower no to eat food to handle the stress emotions. I hope they begin to feel better soon lots of cuddles they will need I'm sure.

In terms of addiction to food particularly carbs I have the same one and use the food to deal with stresses in my life and turn to it for the soporific effect to dull the emotions I feel due to stress. You are not alone. I manged throughout 2013 for about 5-6 months to maintain and not turn to food for comfort and was happy. However following injury from Pt sessions weight training (possibly age and hormone related too) in my shoulder I stopped the gym and turned to carbs and gained a further 10bs. Back on track albeit through vlcd but I need that to regain control for now.

So in terms of your addiction it something I feel that is a long term issue and rather like an alcoholic it has to be manged. In one respect it is in my opinion harder or of not as hard because whilst we can give up alcohol because let's face it our oldies dont need it: but food is a fuel and we need food of function. The balance required is long term resistance to certain foods and portions of food. Exercise is great I had my PT 3 times a week almost for over a year but it made me very hungry so I maintained rather than lost unless I reduced my calories.

Sorry if that sounds like waffle! I get passionate and carried away. I just hate seeing people do well and do not anyone to make my mistakes and start the whole weightloss journey again.

Have a great day. Sun is shining in north east today! (yesterday was awful especially my drive from Newcastle to Durham!)

Sending loads of hugs x Hope you and your poms are doing ok!

I'm so sorry to hear about your fur babies. It's awful when the vets think they know best xXxX sending lots of hugs xxxx

Sorry to hear about your fur babies it's so sad- hope she is ok and not missing them.

Hope your getting back out and about. Well done on being in the 9's with all you have going on!

Sending hugs. x

Hope you're ok x

image.jpgMorning everyone,

I'm still here, thanks for waiting around for me. I've been sticking to my 1200 mfp cals and logging every day well. I had a few bad weeks in personal life as you all know but have been ok with my eating throughout. I don't stress eat anymore even though I would love to still.

I have been suffering with strange stomach pains though which worried me a little. It started with taking nurofen a few days in a row for headaches ( sleeping on floor looking after ill dogs and crying my eyes out) always gets me a nice long headache. Anyway the next day I noticed my stomach was in agony my lower right side with shooting pains in to my shoulder (it's not eptopic pregnancy) so something's up in there..3 days of this horrible pain then all of a sudden the awful clenching pain went away to be taken over by the worst hunger pains ever even after eating. I felt constantly starving all day long and I had eaten plenty it was annoying me. Eating helped for 5 mins tops.

I've been coasting weight wise at around 9.12. Upwards for the past week but this morning I woke at 9.11.4 my lowest ever since dieting. So strange! But I'm taking that number :) I did walk for miles yesterday and now I wonder if the exercise has something to do with the drastic drop in weight and hunger I will be walking like that again as much as I can to see if it's now needing exercise to move the lbs. I can tell now since logging my weight since last year that my body is at another safe level :) my last stuck safe level was 10.4 -7lbs I stayed there for eternity and now I'm doing the same in the late 9s so I think I think that's a good thing while my body adjusts with its new weight but of course we are human and it's trying to get me to eat more....like it did at my last stuck level of 10 stones.

Anyway I'm goldilukes on mfp so add me if you all like. I need to add you all so off to look for your links.

ooh hope these aches and pains go away. Maybe the nurofen is too strong for your stomach, I'm sure I've had that before with some kind of pain relief.

Aw your dogs are lucky to have such a good mom.

Wow great your in the 9's! Well done. I know how slowly the scales move but the main thing is your doing great!

Will send you a request on mfp. x

Glad to see you posting again! That's so strange and scary about the stomach pains. I hope you feel better soon.

ooh hope these aches and pains go away. Maybe the nurofen is too strong for your stomach, I'm sure I've had that before with some kind of pain relief.

Aw your dogs are lucky to have such a good mom.

Wow great your in the 9's! Well done. I know how slowly the scales move but the main thing is your doing great!

Will send you a request on mfp. x

ive be read that if you have a stomach ulcer you should stay clear of ibruprofen and aspirin based products and I think I could possibly have an ulcer, they say that it can make you have terrible hunger pains all day. Maybe you had an ulcer briefly?

i know the 9s :) I'm a pound behind you now. Are you making headway with which woe you are going for? It's hard to decide isn't it once the initial weights loss has happened that's usually when I change my mind again hehe.

Hey hon, wish you the greatest loss ever this week!!) stay strong and motivated - these are the most important in our struggle for slim body))

That's great the scale has gone done but you really need to get the stomach pains checked if they persist. Ibuprofen (whichever brand) should be taken with food as it is an anti inflammatory and can cause stomach pains. It could be wind which is extremely painful and death like feeling!! I hope it is just that as I have have that on Atkins and vlcd type plans. So make sure you are drinking water. The walking is fantastic and the exercise can lead you to feel ravenous. Again I experience huger when I was having PT sessions 2 to 3 times a week last year and had to strike a balance between eating and exercising.

You have done brilliantly in not stress eating as that is very very difficult to break free from and something one has to be conscious of always. Well done Lauren and hope you continue to have a great week (and doggies are ok). x

I think its good to swap diets sometimes, its refreshing. My weapons of choice are Atkins or Food Combining. Not that I am at the 'last few pounds' stage, by any imagination. But if I begin floundering, I change tack. I just downloaded a paleo book (not that its much different to Atkins, and reading it in the hope it inspires me to restart.

I gave myself gastritis about 3 years ago, taking Voltarol which is one step up from Nurofen. I had a gastroscopy (ewk) and was advised not to take them again. Its my own fault. I had been in so much pain, I took them on an empty stomach sometimes. I still have thenm in the house and take them SOMETIMES, but never on an empty stomach. Briefly I thought I had cancer and was so relieved to find it was a self inflicted injury.

Wow! That must've been awful Lynne. Glad there was no longterm damage. Well done on the loss so far. The Paleo way of eating seems to be very effective for weightloss for some.

Back