Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Still reading up on it and its low carb and healthy, which is what I want. I have downloaded loads of free Paleo cook books from Amazon, -you can never have too many cookbooks, eh :cool:

Yes it was a worry because I felt like there was a lump in my throat and the food used to get stuck sometimes. Turned out my oesophagus was inflamed, and my stomach lining too. I was SO happy when I left the clinic and knew I would be ok.

Delighted you have sorted health problem.
I will be interested to hear how you get on with paleo, I look at it but have never really tried it, but I like the idea that everything is natural.

Still mulling over the Paleo. They mention sweet potato a lot and I cant get them here, not that its a reason not to try it. In fact I haven't ever had them. Atkins is basically natural foods, if you follow 2002 version. Well, that's how I see it. Though I do have some premade things like Mayo. I think the main difference is that it isnt as low carb as Atkins, so you can have some carby things. So, I am still reading up on it and giving it a bit of thinking about.

Hi Lauren
Unfortunately ibuprofen notorious for stomach trouble. My 81 yr old dad takes for chronic back but has to use special buffered type or stomach will be even worse! Hope all well

Hi Lynne, I'm actually a primal fan - similar to paleo but allows dairy, dark chocolate and wine in moderation (if you can tolerate). Whether paleo or primal you can choose low carb or higher. If you haven't yet - go see marks daily apple website - absolutely fabulous. Even better - primal is an 80/20 lifestyle not a diet:)

Xx

Yes I got Primal Blueprint and also get stuff from Mark's Daily Apple. I didnt realise that about dairy. Will have to take a good hard look at the two. I don't drink red wine, so that's not an issue, dairy is though.

As for the painkillers, it was a set of unfortunate circumstances: I started with a bad back, then after a few weeks I got ear trouble. Then a few periods from hell with heavy bleeding, then nose bleeds. In hindsight, I think theres a connection between the heavy periods and the nosebleeds in relation to that Voltarol. But suffice it to say that for about a year I took quite a few of them and paid the price. I am OK now. Thank goodness.

We're all here, and hoping your absence is becuse you are having a great time. We look forward to hearing your news when you visit :)

Hi everyone,

I am doing ok thanks so much for checking in and caring. I've been quite down lately and extremely stressed but I'm still chipping away at my weight. Last time I was on here I was 9.11 and now I am at 9.6 so that's great. I log on mfp every day but I haven't kept much of a diary diary in a long while.

I hope you are all keeping well? I'm off to read some diaries and try and catch up a little with you all.

Oh big hugs to you sorry to hear yp u have been down but we'll done on your weight loss xxxxx

Hi love

Sorry to hear things have been causing you stress lately, it can all pile up sometimes eh?

Try some rescue remedy or St Johns Wort - as I've mentioned before, they work a treat for me when I get stressed.

Well done on the losses, that's great! xxxx

Glad to see you back on here x

Great to see you and well done :wavey:

Hi all,

i hope that you's are all keeping well?

ive been extremely depressed for quite some time now and it's interfeered with my way of eating. I'd kept the weight off until Christmas and then slowly went back up a little. I'm at 9 stones 11 lbs which isn't the end of the world but I worry because with being so depressed my exercise has taken a down turn and my emotional eating has gone soaring.

Im extremely fatigued, starving all of the time and feel like im constantly run down. I've been for many tests since I was last on here but all comes back "normal" however ive read online that this is often the case for most presenting with symptoms even though there is an imbalance somewhere. I'm trying to get my medical records to look at the results in depth myself but they are making it very awkward for me and so I am starting to feel like a pain in the ass to them for asking an wanting to know.

Most ts of the day I have hunger pains straight after eating and I am having to try and ignore the horrible empty feeling and keep plugging along but I am getting fed up of this, I'm suffering throughout most days and I am worrying about what could be causing this as some people say it's typical ulcer symptoms.

Im thinking of joining weight watchers low carb version so I can go to meetings and be held accountable a Little more.low carb works well for me and cutting bad sugar out completley is the only way for forward for me although extremely hard at first to start back up again when you've drugged yourself on the stuff since Christmas.

Im joining up and will hopefully start my diary back up to keep me on the straigt and narrow.

take care, Lauren.

Hi Goldi, Sorry you've been through so much but glad to see you posting. I know it's difficult to contemplate exercise but maybe yoga? I just bought everyday yoga for stress relief, unfortunately it's still in the packaging, but has great reviews.

Could you maybe have a gluten intolerance? The New WW plan looks good. I'm going to try the '2 day diet' as I've been eating so much junk lately. You eat low carb 2 days a week and a Mediterranean type diet the other 5 days.

Keep posting honey and we'll keep you going. Sending hugs. xx

I am really sorry you are floundering. I am too. I see you have had tests that have come back negative. -Me too :( I hope you find the LC WW does help you. I confess I knew nothing about it till I had a peek, just now. Yes, maybe a group will help you :) Or could you be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)?? Whatever it is, I hope you soon find your way and begin to feel better, and slimmer. Take care xXx

Back