Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Hi Lauren, hope you are having a restful weekend and feeling better xx

Oh poor thing - you sound totally miserable and washed out, and no wonder if your thyroid is wonky and then you have a cold on top of that! Snuggle up and let the housework sit until you feel better. That's what weekends are for. :bighug:

Hi Lauren, how are you feeling now? Lots of colds about at the moment. Had to tell OH not to breath in my direction the other night in bed cos he was sneezing all evening lol xx

Hi honey, where are you, hope all ok xxx

Hi everyone,

im still here but have had a lot of personal stuff going on that's dragged me down and made me very depressed.

I am still 10-10.2 and have done well to maintain without cheating much. I do eat apples and bananas. I ate some chips and 1 cupcake but that's it those two last items were my only cheats.....but I have struggled to not march over the road and grab some cakes, donuts and chocolate to sooth my depression. I'm quite proud of myself that no matter how crappy my days have been I have reached for the cheese or meats and done without anything when out and about until I'm home.

i feel ready to take the low carb more seriously and get down to my 8 -1/2 to 9 stone goal. I believe because I've maintained for so long that I could drop the weight I need now if I went back to induction.

i haven't been eating all that much because I have been too depressed to cook for myself after cooking a meal for them. I am also drinking far too much coffee with cream which I could easily reign back to be honest I've just never forced myself so that too will help bring the cals down.

I'm sorry I've not been on here checking in on all your diaries I just feel I've not been "here" if you know what I mean and I'm no good to anyone that way especially myself. I still don't feel 100% but I'm still wanting to get to goal and would like to feel that lean feeling I get from doing induction properly.

i have had tests for thyroid and at first they came back borderline but done again and doctors are not worried, I've been tested for diabetes and I'm good which I'm happy about since I was pre diabetic around 5 years ago when diagnosed with pcos. So maybe the low carb/no sugar has reversed that.

i found a lump in my breast which got me worried about but antibiotics has cleared that up so that's good news.

my hair has been coming out In clumps since the last time I was on here so doctors ran more tests for that but as far as I know the blood tests came back nothing to worry about so maybe I just need the right vitamins? It could also be stress since I've been in a pretty bad place.

my biggest fear at the moment is not eating enough, I've been so stressed that I've not eaten most days until 3pm and I know that is terrible but just is right now. I am aware that that will be hindering my weight loss so have decided to go back to my food journal and re do some of those days to get me back in to the swing of things.

i hope you are all keeping well? I'm about to go and try and catch up best I can with your diaries and make sure I update mine regularly again with my spare time in the mornings.

Nice to hear from you but sorry to hear about the depression. I've been there but was lucky that I knew the cause and was able to make the necessary changes even though it took 10 years to get there. Here for you if you need to offload xx

Back