Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Thanks Lisa, wow 10 years a long time to go through that. I've got a couple of big problems to overcome and get through then to start working on myself and inner upsets which are not something that I reckon will be overcome quick :( I'm trying though. How are you keeping?

Hi Goldi,
Have just replied to you on my diary and though I'd pop over here and catch up with you. Sorry to hear things have been tough for you. You have done well to maintain by the sounds of it. Hope you continue on the up and up. xxx

You're back! Yay!
:bunnydance:
Glad to see you posting again but sorry to hear your depression and hair loss news. IMO depression is like having kids (and I've had both), you just need to take it a day at a time and try to be as good with yourself as you can. I had to go on medication for post natal depression and had counselling too, had to sort out some issues of my own (which I am still overcoming) and with the right help and support from family and friends it will get better.

As for the hair loss thing, have you ever heard of Perfectil? I take it mainly for weak nails but it is also for hair and skin. Maybe it will give your hair the nutrients it needs? I swear by it and so does a friend of mine who wanted her hair to grow desperately for her wedding (and it did after taking those vits!).

Like moonwatcher said, we're here if you need to offload *hugs*.

Hugs Lauren sorry to hear you've not been well. I know what your going through and it's a tough one. Like Lisa said we're here for you. As for the breast lumps, I used to get them too my doctor said they were from caffeine but not dangerous. Just take one day at a time honey. x

oh I just remembered. Tescos do their own hair and nail vitamin tablets. They are in the three for two at the moment at mym tesco. I find they work really well to help my hair falling and breaking. I also suffer from really weak nails.

Thanks Toni, val, firelass for the lovely words. I hope you are all well?
Pat il shimmy over to your diary to catch up and reply :)

toni, I've never heard of that only biotin but am looking in to them all because this hair thing is worrying when all my tests show nothing abnormal.

Val, coffee? That's worrying and I'm wondering exactly what damage it's doing to me since I drink gallons! :(

i was offered citalopram and a therapist from my doctor but have not picked up the tablets since reading on them they have scared me. I hope the doctor isn't too upset with me not taking them but at the end of the day it's my body and the side effects sound horrendous, is anyone in here on them?

today after 2 good days I'm down to 10.1 which is great and proves with effort I'm able to budge as I was beginning to worry since sticking at around 10.2.6 for so long.

My menu yesterday

B 1 extra shot coffee with 1 heaped tbs coconut oil and double cream.
1 black coffee.
3 slices bacon, 1 cheese strip.
1.5 litres water.

L was a bit naughty.....2 cream crackers heaped with Kerry gold.
3 silverkrin pickled onions.
1 cheese strip.
1.5 litres water.
1 coffee cream.

D cauliflower with cream, mayo, cheddar and red cheddar oven bake.

S 4 pickled onions, 1 tsp Philly.
1 coffee costa with cream.

i always gave myself a goal of getting to 8-1/2 to 9 stone by my birthday 8th December but honestly I don't know where the time has gone and because I have ended up maintaining at 10 ish for three months now..I think I've missed my goal boat :( I'm going to see if I can get to at least 9-1/2 though by my birthday. It's my mini challenge to keep me motivated.
wish me luck! I know what I need to do to move it faster but it's actually behaving mega and doing.....lets see!

Yayay on the -1lb!!

Good luck for mini challenge Lauren, I'm sure you can do it!! There was an article I read about our bodies and why they gain/shed weight. It pretty much said the body is always trying to find an equilibrium, a happy medium, and will eventually adapt to any WOE. I wonder if this maintain you've had is the equilibirum (plateau) and now that you're shaking things up again it might start shifting again? I'll see if I can find the article, it was interesting.

This is a link to the Perfectil site, Perfectil from Vitabiotics.com, they had an offer on at boots not too long ago, 3 for the price of 2.

As for the Citalopram, I was on a very high dosage about 8 years ago and all I did was sleep (luckily I was signed off work as I'm talking like 20-22 hours a day). They made me really sleepy and did not agree with me at all. However, when I had post natal depression about 2 years ago I went on a drug similar to Citalopram (can't remember the name) and they had the same effect. So my doctor prescribed Fluoxetine a different type of Anti depressant and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It levelled me out and did not make me feel sleepy, drowsey or funny at all, just stable.

I guess what I am trying to say is that drugs are very personal things and what works for others may not work for you, and vica versa. But no one can tell you what works for you except you, not matter what reviews you read. Maybe worth giving them a try and if they don't agree with you go back and get them to try something else? Whatever you decide good luck hun and hope it sorts itself out. x

Don't worry about the caffeine lumps my doctor said they were harmless just annoying. A friend took citalopram and was happy with it but he felt it stopped working for him after a while. There are so many warnings on all medication to cover their butts, I would try it if you want. Don't think he had any side effects?

Was watching your Leona Lewis tutorial just last night xx. I love that one x

Welcome back and we'll done getting your head back in the game :)
I was on citalopram for depression a few years back and they worked wonders for me with no side effects.
Comment above has just reminded me what I wanted to tell you. My first date with my other half I wore your sweet and innocent bridal make up look and he told me how pretty it was that night. We are getting married now and going to wear a very similar look on the day. Thank you for your videos. I'd like to think that it wasn't just the make up that attracted him but it probably helped! Lol :)

Last edited:
Hi Lauren

Big hugs hun, I hope the depression is lifting for you lovely. A friend of mine also took supplements to help hair loss and it has worked a treat xxxx

Morning everyone,

sorry I've not been on here much since coming back. I have not had any relax time on a morning for a while with appointments and work.

Im still full steam ahead on induction and enjoying the results that it brings.

I decided not to take any anti depressants and instead walk for a good few miles each day in the fresh air no matter how cold, just wrap up and just do it. It's lifted my mood tremendously and I had my doc appointment yesterday and explained to her that I had decided against the medicine for now. I had been worried about her reply but she was very supportive and said should I need to get them the prescription lasts for a few month. I've also got a letter coming out for me to see a councillor which I believe may be what I need but we will see, not sure what to expect from a session.

i have been drinking coconut oil in my coffee each morning, eating good things and only eating until satisfied. Plus I find that drinking the 3-1/2 to 4 litres per day helps control appetite and whilst eating allows you to feel full quicker. My meal portions are smaller and realistic not like the first time I did induction.

On Tuesday I started at 10.2.8 and this morning Sunday I'm 9.11.6 :) this is my lowest on any diet yet and I'm very happy about this aspect of my life because I am doing something I can feel proud of.

its my birthday coming up and I got a new dark green down coat, 1 pair of cognac colour boots and a pair of black riding boots since I've always wanted them but never found the right ones. I've a little budget left so hoping to do some more retail therapy and pick some new jeans up because my size 12s are now slack...can't believe I'm saying that :happy036:

going to get around to your posts and reply, hope you are all keeping well?

image.jpg

Thanks so much scarlet, I'm sure it wasnt just the make up :) congratulations!
its good to hear you suffered no side effects on citalopram. I've read grave reviews on it which put me off for now.

Thanks so much scarlet, I'm sure it wasnt just the make up :) congratulations!
its good to hear you suffered no side effects on citalopram. I've read grave reviews on it which put me off for now.

Thanks hun :)
I must be a lucky one to get no ill effects. Hope whatever you decide to do in the long run you feel better x

Back