Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

That's all fab and exciting news Lauren - well done on the 9s! And the new jeans! And the walking - sounds like a fab result - exercise, fresh air, all those endorphins! :)

well done on the weight loss, getting past the plateau.
Those sort of meds can take quite a while to get to a therapeutic level, its because of how the brain works and the body at filtering things out.

I have been to counseling a few times now :( I really find it helps though, see if you find the right person. It is just amazing, its not about them, its about what skills they can help you with that enable you to help your self. But its a lot better from a person instead of a book. Someone who's sole purpose is to listen to you, not be thinking about what they are going to say next instead but truly listing. It's nice to sometimes hear that what we feel is ok, its not silly at all or what ever else we might think and feel about things.
I found it starts of gentle, they do the usual get to know you a bit questions. I spent quite a while talking about my dogs and my life first of all then I never really realised how the conversation had shifted. Now I just come out and tell the poor guy all sorts of things. some may be an over share.

I have learnt some really interesting things about my self, and also how to manage stress a bit better, how to recognise my triggers and when I need to take a step back. Also learnt to know where my limits are, so I don't get to breaking point and melt. But if I miss them and I do, I now know how to deal with it and get myself back up.

I'm a bit of a sponge, tis why I love you tube so much.

Your new clothes sound awesome! :D I admire your dedication going out in this cold. I have only managed once. I'm dreading swimming tomorrow brrrrr.

How do you feel about christmas? I hate it, but I just think that for woman it can be a stressful time trying to make sure everyone else has a good time. And also the uk is so gray, that cant help!

Hope this week is good to you!

Hi all, does anyone mind if I join in?

My name is Nic, I started on Atkins yesterday. Previously I've lost a lot of weight using WW but I need a change and a boost to get the last stone off. I'm getting married in February and am conscious that with Xmas in between then and now, I need to shift as much as possible as quickly as possible!

I work out 3 times a week and walk quite a bit. I've not found it too tricky yesterday and today but I must admit I'm having a sneaky glass of wine as we speak!

Lauren you have done so well so far. Your pics look fantastic!

Nic xx

Hi NixxyNoo, welcome and congrats on your forthcoming wedding. I hope you succeed with Atkins, but on induction you shouldn't be drinking alcohol. Have you read his book Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution?

I have been on escitalopram for 5+ years, no side effects, except positive ones, they help but aren't a magic pill, you have to work on the things causing the issues too but they help give you perspective. I never thought I would go on pills and was always against them, without any experience to base that opinion on, but it got to the point I was desperate and for me it was the best thing I ever did. Glad I relented and took them. It wasn't a quick fix but they helped a lot, along with cbt etc. Takes a few weeks for the body to adjust to them but after that for me no issues whatsoever. Started on generic citalopram then switched to escitalopram which is the new version after 6 months. Been on them since 2008, for anxiety, depression, stress. I was in a mess and they helped. Maybe I don't need them anymore but a bit scared to find out, as don't want to be like I was before. The doctor says it's fine to take long term. So not planning on stopping also when you do stop you do have to cut them back gradually, apparently it's not good to go cold turkey.
Something to bear in mind.

Good luck whatever you decide xxx

Hi NixxyNoo, welcome and congrats on your forthcoming wedding. I hope you succeed with Atkins, but on induction you shouldn't be drinking alcohol. Have you read his book Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution?

Hia, I know, I'm a naughty dieter aren't I! Truth is I only have a stone to go, so although I'm limiting myself carb-wise, I'm not really following it to the letter. I've lost 3lbs so far this week so I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself!

No more cheeky wine until Saturday I promise :)

Haaa, no worries. I am always a bit touchy when I see the word Atkins mentioned (always on the lookout for Atkins being misrepresented). I hope that last stone leaves you easily. Not a good time for trying to lose weight, I feel. I may roll over and give up till January.......:wave_cry:

Last edited:
This one, is doing badly. Not bothered. Back on it in Jan. Meanwhile having everything I shouldn't. Birthday tomorrow, so going our for a Chinese with friends. Friends coming here for dinner on THE day, then I guess its out with the Bisodol and finishing off the turkey and sweets till New year (as is traditional).

You??

Exactly the same Lynne lol I started off trying to be good. Then it just became to hard. Everyone else was eating a full fried breakfast in this cafe, the only diet option they had was carbs, so I had the choice of a plate of meat or some carbs. I chose the plate of fried meat lol that was the 23rd, since then every day I have had bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast. then choclate for lunch lol and mostly a big tea. oh well. Lets hope I have not caused to much damage lol

My fridge is just about clean now too, Lauren :) but did a shop online and had to go back and take out all the rubbish :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Lauren, I watched some of your vlogs this morning and realised you were the LL I'd read about too! You are looking amazing and doing so well from your Cambridge transition to Atkins. It's great you are introducing new things into your diet slowly. Would love to continue following you on Minis to your goal weight and maintenance! Who knows I may even bump into in the Toon!!

Lauren I went to the beginning of your diary thread and read through the posts. I see you were prescribed the anti depressant citalopram and you asked if anyone had had these (also see you researched the side effects). From experience, I took them 2 years or so ago for a few weeks and I felt awful. Obviously not everyone's experience but I thought I would share mine. Counselling was far better and ensuring i was mentally prepared for ToTM as that;s when I felt worse. I hope the counselling sessions help and the continued exercise does, as you have experience help lift that heavy could of emotion/depression that for me came in waves.

Hi everyone,

I'm still alive but have gone up to 10.5 :( I'm moved house and eating my usuals went out of the window except for the cream in my coffees. I've done pretty well I think to have not gained dramatically since all I've been getting by on since the start of February is branflakes, cornflakes, tuna sweetcorn sandwiches, crap loads of wholegrain rice dishes and 1 week of chippy horrors. I'm without transport so walking everywhere I need to and getting walks with dogs in.

I'm dying to get back to the 9 stones again and get back to eating well so am revisiting my diary on here to see where I left off on in the hope of some new inspiration. Life doesn't half get in the way sometimes but that's just life :)

hope you are all keeping well?

Hi Kira, where abouts in the north east are you?

thanks for the post about the anti depressants, I decided against them in the end and had counselling but only 3 sessions and moved so have to start up again with someone else should I decide to. To be honest he couldn't help me as I already know what needs done and why things are the way they are.

I'm glad to read the counselling worked for you, I think we all really know what's going on with us. Exercise really is the best medicine but it's the last thing you want to hear when depressed so it's a vicious cycle sometimes. I'm getting there :)

Hi Lauren, great to see you back and you've done amazing with the move and everything else going on. Did you move far from where you were? X

Hey! Lauren great you are well and have moved house without becoming the size of a house! Easily done with stress of moving:)

Anti depressants are great and can work but I feel they are sometimes handed out like sweets without too much thought on the part of the GP. Sometimes counselling is definitely can be effective. It is very much an indivial thing but it's good to have the choice and make it your own choice.

I think the walking is fantastic exercise and very effextice without havin the impact of running. I am sure get back in the 9's and towards your way to 9st. Like you said life gets in the way of things and it is good to put "ourselves" first.

Have great weekend and here's to a good loss on your weigh in:)

Btw I am in Newcastle.

Hey Lauren lovely to see you back (yes, I'm still here, I have no friends outside this forum lol)

1 week of chippy horrors...

LOL oh you poor thing - but moving is so stressful and it's really easy to grab for whatever's convenient! Back on the wagon for us all :D

Back