Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Great the scales are moving down for you Lauren. I saw a site about weighing everyday that advised it! Said not weighing everyday was like being an accountant and not checking the books everyday- damned if I can find it though, so I'm more relaxed about it although the scales won't move in right direction everyday as long as we know that. Looking back on my word file I can clearly see that it's monthly that really counts. Maybe weigh everyday, record it on word file and then look at it at the end of the month to see progress.

Think it's totally normal for your OH to lose 8lbs especially if it's the first time he's done low carb. when I was -uhumm- young and did low carb for the first time, I lost 17lbs in 3 weeks and didn't have that much to lose.

Love my coffee here too and use double cream too. Found an alternative but probably higher in carbs - evaporated milk.

Great the scales are moving down for you Lauren. I saw a site about weighing everyday that advised it! Said not weighing everyday was like being an accountant and not checking the books everyday- damned if I can find it though, so I'm more relaxed about it although the scales won't move in right direction everyday as long as we know that. Looking back on my word file I can clearly see that it's monthly that really counts. Maybe weigh everyday, record it on word file and then look at it at the end of the month to see progress.

Think it's totally normal for your OH to lose 8lbs especially if it's the first time he's done low carb. when I was -uhumm- young and did low carb for the first time, I lost 17lbs in 3 weeks and didn't have that much to lose.

Love my coffee here too and use double cream too. Found an alternative but probably higher in carbs - evaporated milk.

thanks Val, yes moving slowly but I do feel I'm juggling these same blipping pounds for months on end :( urgh bugger off already.

Well done on your big weight loss at the start, that's absolutely fabulous and if I could get him to lose that much in three weeks I reckon he'd take me on holiday ;)

ive never thought of trying evaporated milk, I'm not so scared of the slightly higher carbs especially since it can not be any where near the cals of double cream so I could save myself some cals here big time by swapping over and giving it a whirl.

Glad you are getting on so well Lauren :)

Thanks Athena, how are you keeping?

Today I've gone up a few ounces but meh whatever.

New nike lunar glides have arrived just in time for the gym today. I've finally bitten the bullet and joined but it's a poshy type one with skinny young Lycra clad peeps so I'm hoping I can sneak in and not be laughed at whilst I sprawl across the machines in a dying heap fashion ;)
so I'm all kitted out and in size 8s and 10s but obviously they are rather strecthy being sports clothes, mind you this time last year I couldn't get comfortably in to any stretchy 16s so am happier!

menu yesterday
B scrambled egg and mushrooms....nearly did wretch though.
L pepperami, slice of Red Leicester cheese
D cauliflower rice with Parmesan and black pepper...(no nice/never again) and frying steak
S white Stilton, 6 olives
at least 4 litres water, 7 coffees and cream

is my menu good or bad? I'm not really scale moving so wondering about everything.

hope you are all keeping well?

Omg Lauren! You're a total legend! I've been watching your channel on YouTube and you've done so well with your weight and the make up!! Glad to have found your diary by accident actually lol, just wanted to pop in to say hi! And keep up with the vids, you're a breath of fresh air on there, always smiling, down to earth with great make up tutorials! X

Hi Lauren, glad to see you are back, I am just starting back again today, at an all time high.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Menu sounds fab and 8 and 10s are amazing !!! Ooh I want to see YouTube vid

Hi! Lauren you are doing well. I feel I must be the only one on this forum who's weight is going in the wrong direction!! UP!! My nemesis stress/carbs came back and I know only too well about the bloated, depressed feeling that eating carbs (too many) gives you. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you and we get a bit of sunshine up here in the north.

Nike lunar glides sound amazing. Going to google them.

8 and 10 woohoo. You'll look great and well done joining the gym.

Lol on the cauli rice I struggle with it too. There is a low carb rice (Ciao) but will wait until I lose a few pounds before adding stuff like that in.

Explore Asian protein pasta made with just 2 ingredients soybean and water, mung bean and water or black bean and water are pretty good and 17 grams carbs for 52 grams and no long list of weird ingredients. I get it from Wholefoods or amazon. X

I'm good thanks Lauren, hows your day been? Hope all is good

Omg Lauren! You're a total legend! I've been watching your channel on YouTube and you've done so well with your weight and the make up!! Glad to have found your diary by accident actually lol, just wanted to pop in to say hi! And keep up with the vids, you're a breath of fresh air on there, always smiling, down to earth with great make up tutorials! X

Awe loulou thanks so much :) I mean it. I've not been on YouTube for a while with work and to be honest not been online much all together, I miss it. I'm dying to get my video equipment back up and running. Hope you are doing great In your weightloss journey :) I will look for your diary if you have one on here?

Hiya Lauren

Well done on the posh gym - you deserve only the best :D

Menu looks Ok, maybe some leafy greens with lunch?

oh susie I just knew you'd shake your big leafy stick at me ;)

Hi Lauren, glad to see you are back, I am just starting back again today, at an all time high.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Sammy, thanks!
ive been quite good on this diet. Started last march I think and have had two cheat fortnights in total. I've pretty much been on track doing the scenic route the whole way, just go offline sometimes so never get to keep on top of diary all the time. Making an extra effort though and getting up extra early to fit it in :) good luck on your journey, il head over and subscribe :)

Menu sounds fab and 8 and 10s are amazing !!! Ooh I want to see YouTube vid

Thanks, the only clothes that fit now are my gym clothes. I'd love some new wardrobe bits....but actually I'd rather have a whole new wardrobe of clothes :)

Hi! Lauren you are doing well. I feel I must be the only one on this forum who's weight is going in the wrong direction!! UP!! My nemesis stress/carbs came back and I know only too well about the bloated, depressed feeling that eating carbs (too many) gives you. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you and we get a bit of sunshine up here in the north.

Morning kira, you are low in weight now so it's bound to be slow going even if you behaved full stop. You are a good weight and just persevere and it will melt off. Since I got to the 10s my body is putting up one hell of a fight. Carbs are the devil, it's not only the weight gain with them it's the open door to big appetite too :(
hope we do get sunshine up here today because I love going walkies with the dogs :)

Nike lunar glides sound amazing. Going to google them.

8 and 10 woohoo. You'll look great and well done joining the gym.

Lol on the cauli rice I struggle with it too. There is a low carb rice (Ciao) but will wait until I lose a few pounds before adding stuff like that in.

Explore Asian protein pasta made with just 2 ingredients soybean and water, mung bean and water or black bean and water are pretty good and 17 grams carbs for 52 grams and no long list of weird ingredients. I get it from Wholefoods or amazon. X

morning Val, the lunar glides are fab!!! Not the prettiest of trainer but they are like feet gloves. I have one flat foot and some trainers/ shoes make it so painful to walk for my shins, I'm sure I even have bouts of shin splints. I had an old pair of nikes with loads of support which I love but they had wholes in them so I couldn't go in them. So I goggled what the best was for flat feet or overpronate I think the word is and came up with them. Nike Pegasus too are great for that problem. I got the black lunar glides with mint soles. Not feminine but feel amazing so I don't care...I usually go for white trainers but they don't come in this style except for a white pair with purple laces, hate purple Bawk ;)

yeah cauli rice...I'm trying but it's hard going at times so that Asian protein pasta sounds good, like you I don't want to eat that type of stuff yet until I'm pretty much in weight where I need to be. Looking forward to it though :)

Morning everyone,

I can't for the life of me do multi quote so sorry if I miss anyone in my replies, hard to keep up sometimes.

im down to 10.1.6 today my lowest in 2 months so I'm happy and hope the downward trend continues. Mind you I have noticed my stomach feeling concave again, my ribs and hips are protruding and my thigh gap is still there so it's apparent that although the scales have fluctuated somewhat everything is going in the right direction with my body. I should take measurements but I've not this time around.

menu yesterday was poor because I have absolutely lost all enthusiasm for fat/proteins and the allowed carbs. I'm eating on tea plates now because I can just about get that down. A couple of times I have just given my leftovers to oh or son because I hate waste but will never force it down myself. It is slightly worrying because I feel quite nauseous most days at the thought of food. Ketosis is definitely an appetite suppressor.

B 2 egg omelette with 3 slices pepperoni.
L 2 Cumberland chipolatas from asda with some mayo.
D piece of red leister cheese with 6 olives.
S 3 macadamia nuts.

at least 4 litres water and around 6 coffees with cream. I did also drink around 150ml of cream during the day on and off to keep me going whist out. I know.....very naughty and susie will shake that giant leafy greens stick at me :(

All my clothes are hanging off my butt and it looks vile, I need to get to goal sooner so I can get my new clothes at the new size. I may keep some clothes back for breathe room should I gain again down the line but I'm hoping I can behave myself for life :)

hope you are all keeping great, will now try and get around to all your diaries :)

It's good having clothes hanging off but doesn't lo ok so great eh :) you have done really well xx

Back