Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Lol Val, I have walked last and wondered about dumpster diving at bakeries before especially when first starting out on this woe :)

Im im doing what feels right. I've researched this topic to death over the last couple of weeks and find that it's mostly for body builders but I don't train so need a cleaner more suitable version for my health really.

I started out thinking 3 days up the rest down but depending how my weight fluctuates and how I feel in those first few weeks of this I will change it up accordingly.

I just want to feel and look healthy now more than anything to be honest.

I love your diary title, Goldilukes! :p I've had a chance to read through the first couple pages and already I'm getting some great meal ideas - thank you!

Haha na well that's how I feel every day :) hope you continue to enjoy reading.

Well well well....... Firstly good morning everyone ( feel like a teacher when I say that)

last night was a night from hell and I think I may know the culprit although I'm not entirely sure.

i treat myself to a sugar free red bull and drank it at around 7:30pm last night and loved it, it took me back to the days where I'd guzzle around 5 per day and feel ok.
Well I've not had a red bull in over a year since eating low carb and I can't be certain it was this drink but boy did I nearly walk in to A&E last night.

i went up to bed around 12am feeling ok then woke at 1:30am horribly and tormented by the worst (head in vice) headache, it was as if someone was pressing my brain in from all angles. I went down took some nurofen and climbed back in to bed thinking it would go just relax.... Boy was I wrong. 2:30am and I am practically crying and in so much pain I couldn't get my head comfy and then oh joy is me sickness kicked in followed by jitters, sweats and chills. By this point I had come back down to get a hot water bottle in the hope it would help and I had the fastest and scariest heartbeat I've ever had. By this time it's 4:30 in the morning and I am lying there moaning and worrying (heartbeat still through the roof) and the feeling of oh crap I don't want to be sick (I have a vomit phobia) I was so worried that I nearly woke oh up to take me to A&E and I'm not one for going there lightly. I got another hot water bottle and just kept pummelling my head in to it and must have dropped off by around 5:30 to be up at 8am :( I'm ok this morning, still feel a little sensitive like at any minute it could all kick back off again..urgh I hate suffering like that when I've done nothing wrong.

Needless to say I won't be touching red bull again just incase it's that because I could not go through that again even if I was paid...yack. I must be sensitive to it even though I'm a high caffeine person daily...that stuff must have pushed me over the edge and I can still smell and taste it so it's still there...eerie stuff

anyway I'm still on carb down, menu yesterday was
gammon dippy egg
walnuts crushed with Philadelphia and lime juice
a small saucepan of wilted salad veg melted in butter, mozzarella and two cherry toms.
slice jack cheese, 5 more walnuts, 100ml double cream and a sugar free red bull.

my weight this morning was 10.2 on the nose so I'm coming down and I think once I stop losing for 2 days in a row I will carb up. We will see, I'm fancying a lot of carbs today and I think that's because I'm not well. Might listen to my body might not but what ever I do I am not telling my brain so it can be a git ;)

Omg that's awful. And I have very minor version of that when I drink red bull. I hope you feel better soon. Xxx menu sounds amazing x

That doesn't sound good at all. You must have been so scared. I can't even stand the smell of Red Bull anymore after downing a few jaeger bombs and throwing up on them a few years ago bleurgh.

Are you stressed out about something these days? I had bouts of waking up in cold sweat with terrible pains everywhere and the urge to throw up and usually I'd feel much better after actually throwing up. Long story short, docs said it's stressed related and although my gut and insides are normal and healthy, it's not good if it continues so if it happens again, they'll give me meds. Mine usually happen closer to exam time. I don't think I stress too much but apparently it's all in the subconscious mind.

Whatever the case, hope you feel better soon and no more Red Bull for you! x

Omg that's awful. And I have very minor version of that when I drink red bull. I hope you feel better soon. Xxx menu sounds amazing x

Thanks Vicky, I do today... Yeah that red bull stuff isn't for everyone :(

That doesn't sound good at all. You must have been so scared. I can't even stand the smell of Red Bull anymore after downing a few jaeger bombs and throwing up on them a few years ago bleurgh.

Are you stressed out about something these days? I had bouts of waking up in cold sweat with terrible pains everywhere and the urge to throw up and usually I'd feel much better after actually throwing up. Long story short, docs said it's stressed related and although my gut and insides are normal and healthy, it's not good if it continues so if it happens again, they'll give me meds. Mine usually happen closer to exam time. I don't think I stress too much but apparently it's all in the subconscious mind.

Whatever the case, hope you feel better soon and no more Red Bull for you! x

oh Pog that sounds awful too, I never realised we could get ourselves in to that state with stress. I don't feel stressed although I'm comparing my mood to times I've been super stressed and it's a big leap. If it repeats I will go to the doctors because I've got high blood pressure which they want to keep a check on anyway so could be related and that red bull must of finished me off..

yack at the red bull vom, the smell in itself can curdle ones stomach!

That sounds terrible. :( I hope you're feeling better now and that you never experience that again!

Thank you, I am feeling much better but must admit I was a little scared to go to bed last night but all was well.

Good morning everyone,

feeling much better today and yesterday took a weird twist diet wise. I had planned on staying low carb for a few more days until weight had stalled again but because of my horrific night I felt really fragile so just fancied toast all day.

Watch out for scary menu ;)

2 slices wheatgerm toast with kerrygold butter
2 slices wheatgerm toast w butter
2 slices the worst cheapest white bread toast at my mams house with lurpack (hate white bread and lurpack) it was either that or her rotten gluten free bread which you can throw in the rain and it will be intact a week later :( no thanks!

then oh said he fancied Chinese so I said I'd come along with him to pick it up but ended up getting chicken satay mixed veg and crispy noodles. It was vile to be honest but enjoyed the crispy noodles a little.

to my surprise I woke today not only starving!!!!!!! (Revved metabolism?) and I'd lost weight 10.1.6 down again so today is low carb and see if I can shift some more poundos ;)

p.s if you are looking to keep your health do not try my menus at home :)

right off to catch up on y'all diaries.

Lol where do you get the wheatgerm bread from? Brilliant scale victory!!!!

Goals : 147 by 11/07
140 by 26/09

It will be a fluke because my name is Lauren Luke :) I get the bread from all supermarkets. Hovis wheatgerm and it's small loaf, slices are around 9g carb per slice and I was ok with that for off days. It's lush toasted with salty Kerry gold on too.

Wow scary reaction to the redbull, sounds like an intense migraine because of the sickness. Glad your feeling better. Great on the loss, bet it is from the calories levels. x

Wow scary reaction to the redbull, sounds like an intense migraine because of the sickness. Glad your feeling better. Great on the loss, bet it is from the calories levels. x

Morning val, that's what I wondered if it had been a migraine but don't migraines hover over one side of the head? This was like my whole head was being crushed and yes the sickness probably was from the headache/migraine what ever the hell it was.....yack not nice.

Just catching up. interesting experiment. Really rubbish that you have been feeling so awful though.

Morning firelass, how are you?

Yeah ah it was nasty and hoping it doesn't come back for me in the night :(

Congrats on the loss!! It's extra nice when it's an unexpected surprise, isn't it? :)
Thanks Canadian, yeah great loss considering I'm experimenting :)

Morning all,

woke today same weight 10.1.6 and yesterday was a carb down although my mam had bought a custard apple and had me try some. It was lovely! And I think I will incorporate them in to my up days.

ive decided on a experimental plan to ease my transaction in to maintenance. I've been looking online and found cheat to lose diet and I think I may follow that throughout the week to see if it can work for me at this stage I'm my weight loss.

oh and today just remembered I'm joining the gym!!!!!!yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Yesterday ay my carb down day 1 I ate
gammon and dippy egg
Walnuts and jack cheese
green beans in melted butter and sea salt with pollock...yum
1 glass of almond milk and a tsp peanut butter I use whole earth but can only stomach tsp....it's so thick and salty. It stopped my sugar cravings though so did the trick.

today is another carb down and then I'm doing 2 light carb/ low GI then 2 moderate to high carb /high GI like bread and bananas. Then 1 cheat day where I can eat what the hell I like. Who knows we will see. I'm doing the gym on top of this and will do certain workout days depending on my plan the day before meal wise.

i feel trimmer around the stomach but haven't took measurements which I should. Will do those but basically I have these jeans which are still tight and so when I slip in them I know I'm down kinda measurement thingy :)

Back