Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Ok....drum roll.........I stood on the scales this morning and saw the 9s flicker!!!!!! But settled at 10 on the nose :) oh my goodness!!!!! It's been a while darling :)
This is now virgin pounds territory for me this year :) I managed to get to 9.11 briefly last year but never since.

yesterday my first mod carb/low GI day went very well and I have one more today before starting my 2 days of high GI :)

menu yesterday
B 7 black grapes, 7 hazelnuts, tbs Philadelphia
S slice jack cheese
L around 6 walnut halves, 1 Atkins choc decadence bar (so far no affects from these) no cravings or guilt *cool*
s pepperami
D 1 slice soya and linseed burgen bread toasted with kerrygold and red pepper humous

all my water and a whopping 6 coffees :) I'm swapping some out for black earl grey tea though and hoping to half by the end of the week.

I do feel trimmer and will remember to take some measurements. Still not at the gym yet because of all the stupid direct debit stuff but will get there because I am dying to. I'm trying my best on nice days to get out and walk everywhere I need to on top of all the dog walks I do per day so I do feel I'm trying but my toe feels sprained or broke??? Not sure...it's so painful to walk on the past few days, not sure what I've done to it but oh well I will walk through it.

oh p.s because this is all an experiment I am tempted to just stay at my low carb low GI days to shift even more weight.....I'm scared to go up on carbs or even have a cheat day so it's all trial and error. I don't want to gain back what I've just lost but will see. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Yay Lauren, that's a great feeling!!! Are you doing the Chris Powell's choose to lose or a different one? Whatever your doing it's working, well done. xx

Yay Lauren, that's a great feeling!!! Are you doing the Chris Powell's choose to lose or a different one? Whatever your doing it's working, well done. xx

Thanks Val, I think it's called cheat to lose? Not sure the name of the guy because I've read so much it's all confusing but it's just early days but already I'm happy :)

Woohoo! 9s in sight! Well done! It's must be working for you so keep going x

Thanks Sam, Pog and Kitty :)

Val I went back to the source and it's definitely called cheat to lose by Joel Marion. I'm following that kind of and it's working so far so I'm happy. I've heard of Chris Powell choose to lose which I'm going to read in to also, can't have enough info :)

Morning everyone,

I am 9.13.8 this morning after my second day of mod carb/low GI foods :) I'm so happy but the best bit is a feel much healthier and not like I should be in a care home anymore....this is the outcome I wanted the most.

its the first of my 2 days high carb/high GI foods today and I will be eating things like all bran, soya and linseed bread or wheatgerm with peanut butter and bananas :) I'm going to have the other half of my Greek style yoghurt with raw honey for breakfast today.

menu yesterday

B half an apple, 7 macadamias, 2 black grapes, 2 blackberries
S slice jack cheese
L half tin tuna, mayo and 5 olives, 1 Atkins choc decadence bar
S 6 walnuts
D 1 slice soya and linseed bread toasted with Kerry gold butter
S Half a 200g pot of Greek style yoghurt and I added 1 tsp of raw creamed honey*

* the reason I ate half was because I was reading the cals/carbs etc and realised that this small pot contained 2 servings.....very sneaky and it's doubtful the majority would put half back in the fridge but I did so decided to have the other half in the morning for breakfast with some apple today :) the honey was delightful and is around 12g carbs for 1 tbsp I put in 1 tsp as that's well enough.

Im a little scared of upping the carbs today and doing my 2 days high carb/high GI because this weight loss on this way so far seems to good to be true but if I don't continue to treat my body well (like the science explains) then I will not be doing this experiment correct and will never know so here goes.....some bananas and all bran!!!!! Yeah!

you are supposed to go easy on cals and fat when high carb days are in play and even though I am not counting I reckon I'm probably being good anyway...not sure but heck I'm not going down that counting route yet, I will wait until I've no more cards to play before I do things properly if you know what I mean ;)

i do feel a lot trimmer and my tummy is not bulging over my size 12 jeans anymore, it's streamline with them which for me is a whopping result :) I hate tummy bulge because it hurts to suck it in all day ;)

i strongly believe that that keeping your metabolism chugging along well and keeping those leptin levels in good order is the science behind losing steadily. I can't believe I did low carb all that time strictly with no cheat days and lowering cals or fasting......what a divvy but there is still that silly part of my brain that thinks we lose weight when we don't eat enough. I'm starting to get it that it's ******** and we Are doing ourselves a diservice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Wow Lauren great result. I had a quick read yesterday online. That's what I want my tummy to feel slimmer. Your wise to follow plan as it is and then you'll know. I'm sure you'll continue to do great on this. Lol the care home comment always makes me laugh out loud. I can so relate to that feeling, kind of fuzzy and tired shuffling around in a fog etc.

So did you do the 7 days low carb and now into 7 days low GI/GL? It differs from the other one. The choose to lose is mixing hc lc days either every other day or 2 lc then 2 hc not the weekly of each as I could see, so I need to decide. Your all doing so well with cycling so imagine both work great. X

Wow Lauren great result. I had a quick read yesterday online. That's what I want my tummy to feel slimmer. Your wise to follow plan as it is and then you'll know. I'm sure you'll continue to do great on this. Lol the care home comment always makes me laugh out loud. I can so relate to that feeling, kind of fuzzy and tired shuffling around in a fog etc.

So did you do the 7 days low carb and now into 7 days low GI/GL? It differs from the other one. The choose to lose is mixing hc lc days either every other day or 2 lc then 2 hc not the weekly of each as I could see, so I need to decide. Your all doing so well with cycling so imagine both work great. X

Lol Val, I was about to buy myself a zimmer before doing carb cycling...and yes walking around all fuzzy and foggy was horrible :( not glad you had it but glad I wasn't alone feeling that way.

i didn't do the week low week mod etc because I'd done strict Atkins for so long I figured it wouldn't matter. I just jumped straight in to the week of ups and downs however that being said if I stall again I will be doing it from the start I think it's called the priming phase? Will see anyway :)

Chris Powell says do up/down for 3 weeks and then one week of high carbs then back to up/down for 3 weeks. His version of the reset thing I suppose.

You're doing so well, I'm glad you're feeling better and now you're seeing 9s on the scales :)

Yay! Lauren you thrashed the 10st barrier! Think i will need to read up on carb cycling sounds very interesting and clearly is working for you which is fantastic.

I <3 Chris Powell x

Chris Powell says do up/down for 3 weeks and then one week of high carbs then back to up/down for 3 weeks. His version of the reset thing I suppose.

You're doing so well, I'm glad you're feeling better and now you're seeing 9s on the scales :)

Morning Pog,

i think however you juggle your carb up and down days you could make this work. It's amazing how it does but maybe not? It's like we have all been brainwashed to starve to lose, cut cals, carbs and obviously the old keep away from fat scare and it's kind of ingrained in my brain still so I've got to be careful and eat regularly and be hopeful that I'm doing the right thing. My body is a lot happier with me and I'm losing...win win!

Vicky are you doing Chris Powell?

9.13.4 down again! :banana dance: :bunny dance:

this is is going above my head by the way, I am stumped as to whats going on but wow it's amazing. I did my first day of high carb yesterday,1 more to go before cheat day.

menu yesterday

B 1 bowl all bran with almond milk
S other half Greek yoghurt with half tsp raw creamed honey, 1-4 apple, 4 Brazil nuts
L 2 slices soya and linseed burgen bread toasted with Kerry gold
s Atkins chocolate brownie bar
D mince, wholegrain rice and garden peas with a touch of spicy Italian seasoning.

all my water and around 6 coffees with double cream.

i feel like I've eaten for England. The reason I'm having so many snacks is because I want to keep everything chugging along and sometimes I go too long and quickly stuff something small down and say to my brain "don't worry there you go;)" don't want it getting worried and stalling me.

ive bought some Lindt dark choc intense mint for my cheat day and I found some 90% Lindt for my mod carb/low GI days if I should want some but since having my apples and grapes I've not really wanted it. Oh and the Atkins bars are handy to get a snack in there because I've been out and about a lot this week.

if you are doing carb cycling I'd love to hear how you are getting on? I know a few that are now on here and because it's all new it's exciting to see results from everyone :)

Just a wee Pic of theo, I take him everywhere I can and the bus drivers love him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Woohoo Lauren, that's great. Really pleased for you and how this is working!

Aw love wee Theo, beautiful markings.

I have the Chris Powell book and now going to download the 'carb cycling shred belly fat fast' by Darrin Wiggins. Would imagine it's similar to the others but will try to email it to anyone that wants it. I think I know how to now x

Back