Gonna Cruise to Lose!

lajlaj a great first day packed full of protein foods. Well done!

Be mindful of the pain killers as they can contribute to constipation.

Bren
x

I just had to take some paracetamol my head was (and still is) thumping.

Just put my food for today on the daily menu thread, it may be subject to change but at the moment that is the plan.

Right today I really *must* do some work instead of hanging out here all day. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon awaits and then work work work for me!

Have a good morning everyone.

Have a great day lajlaj. Headache may be coming off carbs and coming into ketosis!

Thanks Bren, I think I overdosed on carbs over Christmas and New Year - you know it is bad when you get to the point of thinking urgh no more chocolate and definitely no more crisps!

OMG headache for 3 days! The only time I got the headache was doing CD but only half a day and really bad for 2ish days on and off when I did Cohen's.

And I know exactly what you mean about ODing on chocolate, however I hate crisps, beer, meat and dont really eat alot of cakes or bread for that matter. Oh and pasta maybe twice over Xmas?

Bren
x

I'm addicted to pasta - it is the worst thing in the world for me I know I feel ill after but I just can't help myself with it I'm a nightmare. We have it at least twice a week in various guises - I find it a cheap way to feed the family as well!

Headache hasn't been quite as bad today but I've drunk lots of water with ginger so maybe that is helping?

I missed the mid-morning snack but am getting hungry so may go and make lunch now. Was going to have grilled chicken but think I may make the Galette instead - maybe it was that that bloated me up and made me feel sicky last night?

Well lots of water. I am going to try and split my oat bran up over the day from tomorrow. Like if I have muffins (which i have just discoverd are permitted in Attack, athough it lists every other flavour except choc!) or cookies. I have just found a cheese cake recipe without gelatine (im veggie).

Try and have carbs in the morning or by mid day and then you wont feel as peckish during the day or at dinner.

Bren
X

Yes I'd definitely advise the oatbran in the morning if you can. It helps with hunger, and I found I was overfull when I had them in the evening so stayed up ultra late until they'd gone down!

I'm really glad to see you eating so well. Remember that the heavier we are, the more protein he encourages us to eat so I'm glad to see you eating well.

I never get headaches either!

Oh and check the ingredients on the ginger beer, could you? OK no sugar, but what else have they put in?

Last edited:
I've not found the recipe yet for the muffins do you recommend them? Mind you I'd have to buy muffin cases first I don't have any - baking isn't my strong point - I love cooking but baking is usually a disaster for me!

I'm going to have the galette now - I'm going to go experiment to see if I can get it tasting of something/anything as it was bland and horrible yesterday! Will make mini ones and top with cottage cheese and smoked salmon so that should help disguise the bland yukky horrible taste!

My reasoning for having the Galette at night is because I'm used to having a carb rich dinner - pasta or rice etc so thought this may compensate but all it did was sit heavy! I may end up making it in the morning tomorrow - will see how I get on.

It's because the bran bloats to I think it's 25 times its weight (or similar) that it's harder to digest in the evening...

I just added a PS to my other post on the ginger beer - got a bottle handy to check the ingredients? I love ginger beer!

I dont make the galette. i usually put the oat bran into my yoghurt and make a type of bircher muesli (obviously minus the fruit). Otherwise have in yoghurt and other half makes 2 muffins. On Friday this is my plan because I can have 4 Tsp of bran because im veggie.

you are doing great, everyone is different and you just need to find something that works for you really.

x

I adore my muffins (near the bottom of the page here) http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/150962-dukan-recipe-thread.html, but my first galette was eaten as you are suggesting for your next one. As a "blini" type accompanyment to smoked salmon and eggs. Perfect. Where muffins win for me over galettes, though, is that I make 12 at a time, so can freeze, and not have to bake regularly... and they look kind of "normal" to eat in company in the office! (Unlike many of our PP meals!!)

If you're buying muffin cases, get the silicon ones (paper ones stick!)

You can use sweetener for a sweet version... or add a fat free yoghurt... I tried instant coffee and sweetener but found it nasty!

Thanks for the muffin recipe - I will give them a go when I get to the supermarket to get some silicon cases!

The ingredients for the ginger beer is:- Carbonated Water, Flavourings, Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator (sodium citrate), Sweetners (suralose, acesifame k), Preservatives (potassium sorbate) stabiliser (glycerol esters of wood rosins).

That is morrison's ginger beer.

"citric acid" can cause a problem for some (I remember Vicky - Atkins girl - telling me that when I was stupidly adding lemon juice to my water sporadically). Have no idea whether the other ingredients are ok!

Anyone?

You are right about the citric acid that is why you can't add lemon juice to water - bummer - back to the diet coke then - just checked a can of Coke Zero and no citric acid in there.

Also the flavoured waters you couldn't have when doing LL as those contained citric acid.

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't thought about it.

For lunch I've just had 8 mini galattes made with quorn and yoghurt (still no fromage frais) - still tasteless on their own but I topped them with cottage cheese and smoked salmon. Bit fiddly to eat though - not convinced I'd do that one again.

Now I'm hungry so having a can of coke zero (seeing as I had it in my hands to check the ingredients!) and if I'm still feeling peckish may go have a muller light - I really am not a yoghurt eater though so finding that particularly difficult but it does help with the cravings.

You might be ok - cos Vicky said some were - but perhaps best stay away in Attack at least and then test it? I've posted the query on a French site, but I doubt they'll know what it is!

I was going to ask you whether you thought joining the dukan site was worth the money? It is a lot of money but if it helps ....

Back