Gonna Cruise to Lose!

I'd say a resounding no... We all pretty much know our stuff here and what we don't know we can google in France to help out. Have you read the chats on the official website? The people responding barely speak English and contradict themselves AND THE BOOK constantly.

I was coached on the French site at a time I needed some extra ooomph - but I didn't pay much because I only had a few kilos to lose. (The price is necessarily linked to how much you need to lose as you'll be around longer with more to lose.)

I did pick up some good recipes on the site. That's true.
Each day, I'd receive an email with my menus of the day (obviously for the next day unless one has "staff"!). Three course lunches and dinners. Fabulous (for those with "staff"). Great recipes though. And each end of day, I was to respond to a questionnaire as to how my day had been, whether I'd been hungry, whether I'd had anything I shouldn't have, etc.

For the support and motivational side of things, that's where the site is (in my humble opinion) useless. I had presumed that personalised coaching would be just that - "personalised"! But I quickly realised that the motivational posts received each day were computer generated, spewed out irrespective of what you'd written in your report the previous day (unless you'd used a key word, I suppose)... and far from being "personal".

But, the moderators responded to complaints from people being coached that YES it was "personalised coaching", just not "individualised coaching". Interesting nuance!

In any event, I'd advise you to stick around here... particularly if things get tough... post post and post more in those situations. There'll always be someone around...

And keep your money for your new wardrobe!

Thank you so much for that, I have to say when I read that he said about how the internet had opened up whole new ways of communicating with people and was able to spread the word I had wondered whether it was just auto-responders, the wording made me very suspicious.

I'm really glad I asked now, although of course sorry you found out the hard way. This is a great support forum, everyone has been amazing to me so far.

Hi Lajlaj best of luck on your Dukan journey. Although Dukan doesnt exactly say about citric acid it can cause stalls in Atkins. BUT i would only steer clear if you find you are stalling. For example my first week on atkins induction (sorry re-induction ive done this before) im having a tiny bit of lemon squash in my water and my berocca has citric acid in it. Will see if i stall and if i do ill cut it out for a week and see.
There are so many drinks with citric acid in I hope im not going to.
So its up to you, you can cut it out this week and see (which id recommend) or miss out on your nice drinks and it mights not make any difference. Later down the line if you are stalling then cut it out.
P.s. Asda diet, caffiene free coke has no citric acid, neither does tesco premium diet coke (or one of tescos own).

I had boots ginger beer now and then and dont think it caused any issues. Its good to have things held in reserve to cut out when/if a stall occurs.

As you had a carby Xmas you'll probably be fine with attack and lose loads.

I wouldnt pay for the coaching, when I first looked it was insanely expensive given the amount I had to lose, now and then we all get awful marketing mails (things like "pay twice" when they mean pay in installments etc) which along with the chats show the quality of the coaching for english speakers.

Everyone here has tips and we're so lucky to have some people succeeding on conso (heading to phase 4 soon) whoose example we can look to.

Keep posting, keep eating protein, shout if you need some help.

caffiene free coke

can't see the point of such things!! if I wanna coke, I want the caffeine me!! hihi!

Ref official site - of course one could always sign up with a FAR lower start weight ;) to get access, and the gist etc etc...

Welcome to the site and to Dukan too - you'll find loads of help on the forum here, I've found it to be a brilliant support. Keep posting and let us know how you're getting on.

Thank you so much for the advice re the citric acid. I think I will continue to have a small glass at dinner time as that is really the only time I drink it anyway.

I'm not going to sign up to the official site - I used their charts to find my "real weight" and I saved that to my computer to refer to in the future.

I also saw at the bottom of this Daily Mail article a load of recipes so between the book, this forum and the Daily Mail there are plenty of ideas and as I've low carbed before I have dozens of cook books too that I'm sure I can draw on for inspiration.

The Dukan Diet just got better: Now you can eat gourmet food AND stay slim | Mail Online

It's great to have the forum buzzing again!

Originally Posted by LVLLT
caffiene free coke
can't see the point of such things!! if I wanna coke, I want the caffeine me!! hihi!
ah but when i started atkins last year i stopped the caffiene too Jo.!

Arrrrgggghhhhh! Damn and blast my kids - just noticed a half eaten wispa bar in the kitchen - I bet I know which kid left half too. It is SCREAMING eat me eat me even though I've hid in the bedroom I can still hear it shouting! Damn it didn't take long for my resolve to weaken!

Dinner was meatloaf - 1lb of ex-lean mince steak mixed with rosemary and other mixed herbs and an egg. Cut it into slices and the kids had a slice each and I had the remainder (they also had cottage pie). Was feeling full before but hungry again now - mainly I think because of that damn Wispa bar shouting to me. I think it is time for a muller light yoghurt - not had one today so that may help (but I doubt it). I'm also going to go have a cup of hot water and ginger.

How do you all cope with cravings?

when your in ketosis your cravings should die down .... as for the wispa bar i would of tipped salt on it and pu t it in the bin ...my kids find a serious lack of sweets and crisps in the house when in on plan lol

Hi Scrumper - normally my kids also find a lack of sweets but I feel it is wrong to deprive them! I covered it over and put it in the cupboard so it doesn't shout at me from the fridge. I also chewed gum which helped somewhat and went to Tescos to get out of the house!!

your cravings should die down in a day or two, just hang on in there for now and stay strong. once you start seeing smaller numbers on the scales that will probably help you with motivation too. I was on at least a chocolate bar a day before starting dukan, but I don't crave it at all now - it'll come don't worry

Tbh I don't crave sweet more savoury. Loove cheese! And muesli! Odd I know.

Good on u for not giving in and finding a couple of strategies x

Thanks all. I am terrible for chocolate - I'm ashamed to admit how much I used to eat of it (and crisps), I could happily glide through the day with nothing more substantial than several bars of chocolate to sustain me!!

And so to bed - feeling pleased I got through another day, I even managed a 20 minute walk in the rain (to the post office and back is 23 mins!!) but I have just done something rather daft - I took night nurse - I've not slept in a week and that gives me problems with my heart rhythms plus I am coming down with a stinky cold. I had to weigh up a delay in ketosis against making sure I got sleep so that the heart condition doesn't play up and the delay in ketosis is the lesser of the two evils. Hey ho - all that work to cheat with night nurse of all things !!

Good night to you all and thank you for keeping me going today.

Oh and Bren I'm with you - when I did LL it was ridiculous what I craved - cheese mainly (cottage cheese was always something I couldn't bear and yet I was in 7th heaven when finally allowed it).

Good night lajlaj, and a belated welcome from me too!

You're doing great and soon those chocs will stop shouting - they did for me (they're back now I'm not longer in ketosis though :()

And of course health always goes before diet so if night-nurse is what you need you'd better not feel guilty about taking it.

Another thing (which you probably know): you'll need to take a good multiviamin and vitamin C supplement as you're not going to get many of those from your food... In my case it would help if I remembered to take it every day too!

Have a good Thursday - and let us know how you get on.

Thanks Anja - have the multivitamins here I just forgot to take them (typical)! Thanks for the welcome and the reminder. (and now I really am going to go to bed!!).

lol your good ....i see it as training the little dears they will thank me in the end !!!
they look forward to Saturdays when they get something from the shop .Also mine a pains at not eating fruit so if theres no sweets then they will
I get annoyed with the oh who thinks its ok to sit and stuff a pack of minstrels or something in front of me in the evening , ive threatened to pour salt over him :p

??? salt? didn't know that worked on OH's.....

I havent been taking my vits either, better get onto that a tea time.

Back