Gonna Cruise to Lose!

Im getting very strict in the supermarket, writing out how much it should all cost using mysupermarket, lots of offers on meat and yogurts right now.

Whilst the bill isn't down to my pre dukan (no meat) bill its closer than it was and I'm not eating out anything like as often and no takeaway so big picture it's okay.

You are quite right of course - no takeaways (usually one or two a week) and no restaurants (yet) so there are definate savings there. I was having a bit of a freak out over the cost of my lunch but in retrospect it wasn't hideous - normally lunch is a toasted cheese sandwich plus there is always lots of chocolate that I'd never "accounted" for plus the crisps and so on. Lunch today was a chicken breast (cut off the bone) which cost about £2.50 or there abouts. I guess when you add all the chocolate and so on into the equation probably not that much more than my "just toasted cheese" would cost me!!

Do u like yoghurt lajlaj? It's cheaper.

I've lost 30 kgs Over the years and l kept it off for 3 years before work started eating into my training time and myfather got ill and passed away. Slowly came back 5, then 3 and then another 5. So 12kg heavier and I lost that on a diet after putting up with it for 2 years and then went on steroids and put 6 on in a week! Then over a year and house moving I gained the other 6 back. I usually loose 5 before our annual holiday and put it on again whilst away.

But..... Not this year.! Going to do it and so are u. We all have goals and we are all going to help each other get there.

Don't think about 2 or 3 months down the track. Think I feel better this time this week than last because.... Always keep thinking in the positive. If u tell yourself when u hit the 12/14s it will come back then u will only encourage that to happen. You are loosing and that's fab and you are learning balance and restraint for life when u reach goal.

I know u are going to succeed!

Bren
X

Thank you for the motivation talk, I need it. One of the reasons I'm going for the hypnosis is that I fully intend to stay on Dukan but I'm hoping to keep the weight off this time. I've never followed a plan through and in fairness it is always the stabilisation I struggle with - not this time and I will be needing you to kick my but if I sound defeated!!

The TV programme I watched last night also has reinforced so many of the Dukan principles I feel massively motivated right now.

Tomorrow is my last day on attack, although I am wondering whether to do another two after?? I don't feel particularly motivated to have any veg yet but I guess I need those for the vitamins etc etc? Mind you it is only one day of veg then back onto PP so not too bad.

I must try to drink more water, I've managed five or so glasses plus lots of other drinks but I'm really thinking it is sooooo key to this diet - I always seem to lose more when I drink more.

Yep lots of water is the key!

And I knew I had been working out for 2 reasons, 1 - for my bikini in July and 2 - for kicking your butt! LMAO xxx

I had a off track day yesterday and just reassessed things today (muesli and 40 gm of cheese in the end!) But really not a disaster, but enough to get my determination back!

I have done Hypno and it's fantastic. When is your first appt?

You keep working out because this butt will no doubt need kicking regularly lol!

I'm not sure - I just booked the Groupon voucher today, will get the code tomorrow and will start ringing them as soon as I get it to get booked in.

Tell me about the hypnotherapy does it work??

Yep did for me. Its something like 5% of people that are non receptive to being hypnotised.

Its very much to sum it up, reprogramming your brain.

great motivational posts Bren x

You mention getting bored around the size 12... this time, you're going to stop dieting and consolidate, then stabilise, around a size 12 (I'm guessing from your target weight) so you'll not get bored.

Also, as your clothes get too big, bag them up and put them away (I won't say THROW them away cos I know I didn't for over a year). It makes it harder to accept regained weight when clothes get tight again.

And this time you've got us to help! :D

Thanks Jo. Last time I threw all my clothes away but when the weight went back on over a year and a half later it went back on very fast - had to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Feeling dispondent today - kids ate all the eggs for breakfast(!) and worse still scales are showing a 3lb raise from my lowest point over the weekend - how the heck did that happen?

stuck to plan 99,9% apart from the tiniest bit of maple syrup. Obviously not drinking enough!!

Just keep going. Um could transit issues account for a gain ;)

Do not do extra attack, you've done a long one and need to start adding veggies.

Get on with cruise, live a bit ;)

Weeeellll now you come to mention it - it could be - at my lowest I was transitting very rapidly shall we say and then it came to a bit of a full stop. I have plans to alter that though ;-)

I'm going on to the veggies tomorrow - just been re-reading cruise phase and of course I need to go do a shop today (hence not having very much food left right now).

I can't really complain - I have still lost 7lbs in less than a week - still can't be sniffed at!

Observation: Onken fat free yoghurt is much much nicer than Muller Light - will definately be making the switch! Not as saccariney at all.

Yep definitely time for veggies hun. Lots of water and hopefully things will sort themselves out.

X

TOTM also has a nasty habit of causing water retention... drink drink and drink a little more (H20... plain!)

Yep, unfortunately, Jo is spot on about TOTM. I've found that the few occasions on which I've stayed the same have been around that time, and some people can actually put on a pound or two. The good news is that it's temporary and you often find that you end up losing more than you expected as it works its way out of your system at the end of the following week. So don't be disheartened if that happens to you.

My body clock is up the creek at the moment so not sure when I'm due - it could be soon and that would certainly explain my lack of patience with my husband although not necessarily ;-)

OK some questions, hopefully someone will be able to answer!!

1) I coated some chicken strips in egg and dipped it in the oatbran (mixed with spices) then dry fried them - is it "allowed" to use the oatbran as a topping as a "batter" or are you supposed to mush it up and make it into a Gallatte? The book is a bit vague. Too late for tonight because I've eaten them but still I guess it is something I should know for the future.

2) Does anyone have zero carb sweets/chocolate? I had them on another diet and because of the sorbitol I found they kept my nice and "regular" in other words if I got a bit stocked up I'd suck on a few sugar free sweets and bobs your uncle ;-) My thinking is that it comes in the same realms of having some carb free syrups in your coffee instead of sweetener but then I am a master at deceiving myself!

Thanks.

I can only answer from a French Dukan perspective.

1) you can do whatever you like with your oatbran provided you don't exceed the quantity allowed for the phase you're in. Coating as breadcrumbs is perfect!

2) he says six maximum sugar free sweets per day (I think probably because of the laxative effect, particularly combined with the oatbran...). I'll sit on the fence ref carb free syrups cos he doesn't mention them and I've not seen a full list of ingredients to see what else they put in them!

Are you having wheatbran too? In France, from day 1 we tend to and it gives a lovely nutty taste to your galette/muffins. (2 tblspoons oatbran per day plus 1 tablespoon wheatbran in Cruise - the wheatbran is also good for "transit" issues...).

If you are suffering with constipation, get some rhubarb in for your PV day (cup size allowed). Freezer section perhaps if not in fresh.

Thanks so much Jo. The four little sweets did the trick beautifully as I knew they would!! Not had any wheatbran as it doesn't say that for Attack phase (I don't think) but as I move in to Cruise then I will make sure I pick some up!

Loving the new title for your diary!

Well that is my first week over and done with, I've attacked the attack phase and come out the other side 9.5lbs lighter! I'm absolutely delighted. Just checked back and on LL I only lost 8lbs the first week so this is my biggest ever single loss - even though I know the vast majority of that is my glycogen stores!

So now begins my "Cruise to Lose" phase. Wanted to do a full shop today but a bit skint so need to wait a few days and do an intermediate shop instead just to pick up some veggies.

So here will be my day:-

B - FF vanilla yogurt & cinammon galette
L - If all goes to plan I'm heading out to Nando's for lunch and will just have chicken, maybe with a side salad will see!
D - Stir fried (dry fry) beef with vegetables - going to go and get some peppers, mushrooms and onions. Will serve it with noodles for the rest of the family.

Onwards and downwards!

Back