Goodbye Cankles

I cannot stop thinking about food, it's just getting stupid now! It's a constant battle in my head to not quit and just do weight watchers or similar, I cannot quit this!!
I made a deal with my dh that if he didn't drink for the whole of Jan, I would stick to ss until the 31st and then see how I feel... I will not quit first!!!

Anyway now I have had my little rant... So far today 1 pack (a hot choc) and 1 litre drunk, will get drinking soon just need to get back to a routine!!
Xx

Hi sarah quiting is a SWEAR WORD my lovely carry on.!! and sod the food.

im starting tomorrow come onnnn fight it x

Good luck for tomorrow hun!!

Well I haven't caved, had my 3 packs and 3 litres, now guzzling a coke zero :) sorry bootcamp week I well and truly stuck my fingers up at you!!! I will be stocking back up on chicken tomorrow, I really do think it helps me through.

Weigh in at 10am tomorrow, fingers crossed for at least 3lb!!

Xx

Hi Cankles --

I love your handle, hee hee. I, too, have cankles... but as I have always had them (even when very thin) I may have to chose between getting a tummy tuck or ankle reduction when I get to goal. ;)

Anyway, do what you can in Boot Camp... one person's training programme may not suit another. So, have some chicken, but try to up your exercise and drink the green tea (only do it early in the day as it may keep you awake).

I lost 5 stone in 2008 with Lighter Life and kept it off for a bit, then started to slowly regain after I stopped exercsing. After I had put about half of the weight back on I tried CD (bought from the US -- because it is soya based). So, I have been off and on CD since the fall of 2009. I started ssing and am on Day 5... I am planning to ss for present time. I may move up in plans -- but I do better with food out of the equation.

Also, I think I am going to sign on with a UK CD Consultant -- I would like the weekly weigh in and support.

Hang in there... I think you have done a fabulous job so far.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Thanks minniemel, well done for getting back on!! I'm hoping it stays dry so we can get out for a walk today and I can actually say I've done some exercise!

Well by my cdc's scales I've lost 3lb this week, it was 4lb by my scales :( but at least it's something off and not on!! So in 7 weeks that's 2st 5lb :)) i've just stocked up on chicken and will be having my first pack shortly, feeding baby at the mo... This bottle seems never ending lol!

Xx

Hi Cankles --

It is hard with a baby -- they are so time consuming. Wonderful but loads of work. My children are 19 and 11 (nearly 12)... but I haven't forgotten. How old is your little one?

MinnieMel

2st 5lbs in 7 weeks!!!!! That is truly amazing!! Our stats are quite similar, i'm 5'3" and 215lbs when i started last week. Now 205lbs. Hope I do as well as you! Keep going you can do it xxx

Thanks Shanny :)
Well done on your loss so far Cheryl that's fab!! It feels good watching the scales go down doesn't it :)
Minniemel you are so right they are hard work! Rhys is 22 months and Gabi is 3 months, I love them dearly but if you lost weight due to tiredness I wouldn't need to do cd!

All 3 packs eaten, 2 litres drunk - 1 to go, kitchen is sparkling and free from out of date tins etc, 30 min walk done and I'm now ready for bed!!
Xx

MinnieMel where do you get the american cd products from? And do they do different flavours? Well done on all your losses folks, hears to a slim 2011!! x

American Products

MinnieMel where do you get the american cd products from? And do they do different flavours? Well done on all your losses folks, hears to a slim 2011!! x

Hi FurrySmudge,

I order them online from California (you can google cambridge Diet US and get the site).

However, I can get the products shipped to my American Military mailing address, thus avoiding international shipping charges or customs. It is a benefit of being married to someone who is here in the UK working with the American Forces.

I know that there other people in the UK who get products brought to them by friends who travel Stateside, husbands on business, etc. Or stock up when they are Stateside (i.e. Bellefrogette).

However, I don't think the US products have any better flavours and with the shipping fees, as I still pay postage from California to New York, it is not really that much less expensive.

In fact, I have my first appointment with a UK consultant on Wednesday. I want to try the Choc Mint, bars (the American bars are dreadful in my opinion), etc. Also, the UK tetras would be nice to have -- as I am always mixing up power and that doesn't work well on a day out. Plus, it would be nice to have face to face support and guidance.

I went with the US products, intially, because I wanted the Soy Based. The CD here does not have Soy Based... they do now offer lactose free (it is still milk based, so I am not sure how that works). However, as I am not lactose intolerant -- I want to give the UK CD a try.

MinnieMel

Weighed in at 185.8 this morning :) a good start to a good day. Feeling a million times better now, back to finding it easy again thankfully, it's so much better when you can just float along on a diet!!
2 packs eaten, 1.5 litres down, 1.5 to go!
Went to the drs today about quitting smoking, have now been referred to the stop smoking clinic so keeping everything crossed!!
Xx

WOW!

Went to the drs today about quitting smoking, have now been referred to the stop smoking clinic so keeping everything crossed!!
Xx

WOW! Cankles you are really going for the gold. I think it is great that your doctor will refer you for help to quit smoking, and I am very impressed that you are going to do your weightloss programme and quit at the same time.

But, it makes good sense in a way... you will not be able to oral fixate on food the way a lot of people quitting smoking do. So, all I can say is, "You go girl!" You are going to be a wonderful role model for your children.

MM

Ahh thanks MM, I hope so :) That was my plan with the quitting now, can't eat so I can't overeat!!
Well today has sailed past, 2 litres, 2 packs, 1 each left to go, no exercise other than housework and kids but in my head that counts lol.
I'm in 2 minds about joining a gym, after 2 kids in 2 years my body is gonna need some serious help to tone up but £42 is alot to pay out if I don't go!! Hubby says go for it... If I'm gonna use it! I've never been big on exercise, I used to play netball about 7 years ago lol so still stuck trying to decide if I'd get into it or not?! They have a crèche but not sure how Rhys would react to that so it would mainly be evenings.
Gotta go baby has woken lol.
Xx

Wow, your awesome wuitting smoking and going TFR!

I smoke about 5 a day (in secret so my 5 year old doesn't know :) ) but there is no way I could give that up whilst following the diet. I would go mad so I think you are a real inspiration.

I am going to give up smoking when I get to goal.

Hi Cankles,

Why don't you do a trial membership at the gym? Most of them offer this.

Our local leisure center offers a 10 class pass (you get approx. 1 class free by pre-paying). I have a fitness class pass.

I told myself that if I ever did more than 10 classes in a month -- two months -- in a row then I would pay for a membership (about 40 pounds a month). I figured out that 10 classes was about the same as the monthly membership. (Membership has other benefits... like the creche and swimming, but I wouldn't use those.) That was three years ago... and I haven't done it, yet. LOL

MM

Thanks Minirog :) I really do hope I can do it, after not eating for 7 weeks including Xmas I'm hoping my willpower stays strong!!
MM that's a good idea thanks, I may pop in later and see what they offer.
Well I weighed in at 185.8 for the 3rd day :( hopefully the weekend will bring a good drop on the scales.
Have a good day, it's raining here so my plan for a walk is out the window, will have to get the wii fit out.
Xx

Hi Cankles -- Do you have one of those scales that shows your fat and water ratio in addition to your weight? When I was doing LL I noticed that the ratios changed first -- my water got a lot higher -- then all of sudden I'd show a drop in weight (and my fat ratio was once again high to my water). So, even on days where I stayed the same... I could see progress as the fat and water ratios changed.

It was very motivational.

MM

Cankles,

You are too kind. But, in all honesty I think my friend Mary noticed the shift and told me to pay attention... I am a bit oblivious.

MM

Back