Goodbye CD <> hello 'Fat Smash Diet'

chelle_powell

We ride, we ride....
Hi there,

I've decided to start a diary about my VLCD journey. A few of u may remember me from the DH boards, others won't so this is my story.
I've been overweight all of my adult life and have tried every single diet, and 'miracle' slimming pills to lose weight - as well as some questionable alternative therapies!! Over the last year I've been farting about with CD, losing 1 1/2 stone then regaining it and so forth. So 2 weeks ago I decided enough was enough and to set myself a 100 day challenge in order to once and for all get rid of this excess padding that I hide behind. I didn't start a thread then as I wanted to make sure that I pass the 'usual' 2 week pitfall that seemed to get me everytime.
SO here I am, on day 2 of week 3 - and I can thankfully say that I've managed to come thru the other side of week 2! At last - hurrah!! LOL!!

So, so far I've lost 16.5lbs, and have gone from 15st 11.5lbs to 14st 9lbs and am a (snug!!) size 16 instead of 18 - which I'm really happy about.

I'd like to get to 9stone eventually, but my plan is to get to 10st 7lbs for Xmas - I know anything is possible with these diets, so I'm aiming high!!
4 stone 2lbs to go!!!!!!!

I WILL BE SLIM FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! :)

Much love,
Chelle xx

Last edited:
well done chelle, great achievment to get to the third week for you, christmas only round the corner and you are gonna look fab x

Day 17/100 - Why is ME dieting such an issue for people???!!

Hey all,

Well, it's been a good day. Tried on a pair of skater type jeans that I've had hanging in my wardrobe for the last year and are pratically new as I've only ever managed to squeeze in them once before piling on more weight, and they almost do up - I'd say they're about an inch from closing fully and 2 - 3 inches from fitting comfortably, so thats great news and such a great incentive for me to get through this!!

Have been feeling the cold alot today - granted is has rained all day but I'm especially freezing with goose pimps everywhere (and I mean everywhere! *LOL*)

I was a little miffed before, was at relatives who know I'm on the plan and they kept asking if I minded if they ate something as they "coudln't wait any longer" - I hadn't asked them too! It seems that people can't get their heads around the fact that I'm actually CHOOSING to do this plan, I'm not being forced! Makes me wonder if I was slim, and if they asked me whether or not I wanted food and I declined saying I'm not hungry - would that be an issue then, or would they simply carry on and eat and not bat an eyelid?????!!! I actually brought this up with them and told them that making an issue out of something that wasn't one, becomes a problem. They didn't say much to that, surprisingly lol!

Anyway, have been thinking about New Years Eve and planning something to do then. I'd normally sit in a stuff my face and I wish I was slim and out having a good time - I realised today that I will be ((crazy thought, still can't get my head around it!!!)) so today have been playing with ideas of what to do. Haven't seen my friends for over a year (they're at uni, working or travelling), so might be fun to try get everyone together - and what a shock they'll have when they see little me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love,
Chelle xx

19/100 - Feeling Blue :(

:( 19/100

Hey all.

Well, here I am almost on week 4 of the diet and today I woke up and have wanted to cry all day long. Trying to keep busy by doing the housework, ironing etc - but I just feel soo upset with myself that I don't seem to be able to push it to the back of my mind!!!
I'm angry that I've had to do such a drastic plan and that I don't have the strength to do this by conventional diets (the thing is, I don't want to do a conventional diet - at 1lb a week, I wouldn't lose the amount of weight I have to lose in 6 years!!!!!). Is this normal to be feeling soo resentful and angry??? I've never experienced this side of VLCDs before.

I know my horomones aren't helping and I'm getting bloated as TOTM is looming, but I just feel so angry and like I want to give up ((which isn't an option, I am NOT going to give up!!)). I only appear to have lost 1lb this week, which considering I'd 'normally' put on 7lbs in water retention is pretty damn good - sometimes it's hard to see the positives when u feel so crap about urself.

I know I can get thru this. Sorry to rant, but I needed a moan!!

Much love,
Chelle xx

Chelle
It's so good to hear you are back. Now we all have off days and most of the time it is only the one day and the next day is fine. So moan plenty and just think about how much you have lost in the few weeks. Good feeling eh
Irene xx

Hey beautiful irene,

Thanks for popping over to my thread! I'm a glutton for punishment keep coming back lol - no really, I KNOW this is the ONLY way I will lose weight - it's the only plan that works for me and I WILL see it thru this time!!
Failure is not an option this time round, finances won't let me keep doing this plan and also circumstances have to change in my life and the first step is to lose this damn baggage!!!!!

So soo glad to see u're doing well on the plan - I admire & respect ur strength to stay on this plan thru the turbulent times u've had. Big hugs!

Much love,
Chelle xx

Is this normal to be feeling soo resentful and angry???

Umm, yes, I reckon lots of people go through that. I know I did.

Look at it this way though. You've done the damage and you're now doing something about it. That's something to be proud of.

You can either walk that road and feel upset that you went the wrong way for a while, or you can look at the scenery on the say and enjoy the fact that you are on the right road.

You have choices about that too :)

*gets off soapbox* :)

((hugs)) remember your goals.. mini one's too.. make them achievable - other wise you may become disapointed ;)
And dig your heels in deep as you remind yourself that you are on the CD Wagon... and staying here for the ride! :D

Xmas isn't far away, and you just KNOW how quick the weeks pass! ;)

You'll see the difference soon and that will be the inspiration you need to carry you the rest of the way! ((Hugs))

Look at it this way though. You've done the damage and you're now doing something about it. That's something to be proud of.

You can either walk that road and feel upset that you went the wrong way for a while, or you can look at the scenery on the say and enjoy the fact that you are on the right road.

I totally agree! I just think it's my hormones playing up (men have it soo easy at times!!). I've not eaten nor am I going too! Had a super hot bad and 5litres of water. Gonna make my last pack in a hot chocolate for bed time!!
Thanks for the advise, it's great knowing people are behind u!!

Much love,
Chelle xx

((hugs)) remember your goals.. mini one's too.. make them achievable - other wise you may become disapointed ;)
And dig your heels in deep as you remind yourself that you are on the CD Wagon... and staying here for the ride! :D

Xmas isn't far away, and you just KNOW how quick the weeks pass! ;)

You'll see the difference soon and that will be the inspiration you need to carry you the rest of the way! ((Hugs))

Hiya Purple Hugs (beautiful name!!)
Thanks for support. I'm ok, battling thru!!! I won't give in and I wont give up!!!!!!
And u're right about how quickly the weeks pass - I've been on VLCD for 4 weeks on Tuesday - and it doesn't feel like 5 mins!!

Much love,
Chelle xx

Not seen the 14s yet but i will one day?!?

Plenty ups and downs - and i mean weight

Irene xx

Hi Irene,
U will definately see the 14s because u're such a stong lady, and u've proved that time and time again.

I totally understand what u mean tho - it's a rollercoaster ride this VLCDing lark, but I beleive that for many of us, it's the diet that is going to work better than most other "traditional" diets - and thats whats kept me coming back to it from past blips.
Thanks soo much for ur support, I do appreciate it :)

Much love,
Chelle xx

20/100 - Feeling much better - thx guys!

Hey everyone!!

Well that dark cloud of yesterday is on it's way out, and I can't thankyou all enough for ur support. I wanted to eat soo badly and I knew I wouldn't, but having the support of others really helped, so thankyou all!!

Today I weighed myself and have lost another 2lbs, which makes a 3lb loss this week. I currently weigh 14st 3lbs on my scales. I know u really shouldn't weigh urself everyday, but I find it helps me keep on track, or exercise a bit more ect.
My official weigh in is tomorrow (Monday) so we'll see what happens. I tend to rely on my own scales more, as these are the ones I'll be using when I get to target and there only seems to be a consistent 3lbs difference between my Counsellors and mine, so thats good.

So the plan for today is to get my butt moving and clean my home (didn't do it yesterday as planned!) - maybe another 1lb loss for tomorrow.. or is that being too greedy?? LOL!!

Much love, Chelle xx

I always reckoned that this diet was the easiest and the hardest diet I'd ever done.

I would go from thinking I could probably do it forever. It was great not having to feel hungry. I wasn't craving....hey....who needs food.

5 minutes later I'd be walking around, close to tears and thinking that I couldn't do it for any longer. It can sure mess with your head

:confused:

Back