Goodbye CD <> hello 'Fat Smash Diet'

To be a size 10, to dress nicely, be confident, perform on stage, to dress up in an evening dress & go somewhere special on wedding anniversary with hubby, to never go on anymore diets after this!!!, to become a CDC, to adopt a child, to see friends/family more often, to eat healthily & maintain my goal weight when there.
I can't beleive what a difference 4 weeks can make in someones life.

It really isn't just a diet, but a journey....

Hiya lovely

You wrote this just a few days ago about how you wanted to look and feel when you've finished your journey and reached your goal weight .. and I'd like you to re-read it again and again until you focus on where you want to be.

TOTM can do strange things to our minds (and I know how 'hormonal' you get, honey), but it's temporary. In a few days you'll be out of it and back to normal, raring to go again.

Don't let yourself get back into the 14s again - say to yourself that you never want to see the number 14 on your scales ever again (pounds only go up to 13 ;) ). You've come so far in just a few short weeks that it truly isn't worth jeopardising for a poxy curry or pizza (both of which you already know how they taste .. and that they're not good for you).

Make sure you have your 3 packs every day - even if you don't feel like them - otherwise you won't be getting your full daily allowance of vitamins and minerals .. and that will only make you feel worse. A few nibbles of chicken won't fill you up either - so stop doing it!

You've had a difficult few days but you really do need to keep focussed on what you wrote when you were feeling more upbeat. That's the REAL Chelle .. and what she wants to become. So tell the FAKE Chelle to sling her hook and let you get on with getting into those size 10s :D

Much love

Hi chelle,

We all go through times like this...well I know I do especially on Saturdays as I don't do very well on Saturdays...:(

Last night I was having a feel sorry for me fit and I was saying the same...never want to be going through this again and as husband said right back at me....

Well you won't have too if you stick with it now and see it through to the end!!!

He pointed out to me all the progress that he sees in me...

I look much healthier and now he gets great joy when he sees me run up and down the stairs like in the old days...I am full of energy mostly and the perks is that our sex life is also more energetic as well...him being a man would have to point this out:rolleyes: :p

So glad I had a good moan to him as it did help and I think when you drove passed the curry place you knew yourself it was not a curry really you wanted...like me you want to be slim NOW!!! (well maybre just a wee curry:rolleyes: )

I do find the Inspirational Photo thread makes me focus on what I want and when I look at the before and after photos it gives me strenght to carry on...Thank God I don't get too many of these down times as they are not nice...

Hope your feeling a bit better.

Love Mini xxx

Congratulations Chelle. I've just been looking at the pics of before and afters. It definately keeps you focussed.
Irene xx

Hi Irene - u're definately right, they do give soo much inspiration in times of doubt - so glad u reminded me of that thread. I'll keep checking it for motivation. Thanksyou *hugs* xxxx

Hiya lovely

You wrote this just a few days ago about how you wanted to look and feel when you've finished your journey and reached your goal weight .. and I'd like you to re-read it again and again until you focus on where you want to be.

Don't let yourself get back into the 14s again.
You've come so far in just a few short weeks that it truly isn't worth jeopardising for a poxy curry or pizza (both of which you already know how they taste .. and that they're not good for you).

A few nibbles of chicken won't fill you up either - so stop doing it!

You've had a difficult few days but you really do need to keep focussed on what you wrote when you were feeling more upbeat. That's the REAL Chelle .. and what she wants to become. So tell the FAKE Chelle to sling her hook and let you get on with getting into those size 10s :D

Much love

Sharon - u're completely right! I haven't nibbled today and I doubt that I will. Instead I'm gonna have a nice hot bath & read a book in bed! I agree with everything u said - my hormones are getting better and more controllable - for me to drive past the curry place has never been heard of LOL!! I never wants to see 14 ,15 on my scales again (nor 12 and 13 once I pass them!)
But now seriously, thankyou for giving me the kick up the backside that I needed - I can do this, no scrap that - I AM doing this. Thankyou for caring *hugs* xx

Hi chelle,

husband said right back at me....

Well you won't have too if you stick with it now and see it through to the end!!!

He pointed out to me all the progress that he sees in me...

I think when you drove passed the curry place you knew yourself it was not a curry really you wanted...like me you want to be slim NOW!!!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini - u hit the nail on the head; I knew deep down I didn't want it - it was just out of habit "feel crap, oh well might aswell have a binge" - thankfully, at the time I could see it for what it was and avoid it.
What ur hubby said rings true for me also (they can be little gems those hubbys of ours!), mine said something similar "u've been on diets since u were 9, whats a few more months to finally get there?!" Again, so true. Thankyou *hugs* xx

These are the things I already know, but it's not until someone else points them out that u recognise it and learn to adjust, and thats what this is - breaking habits of a lifetime.

Thankyou all soo much for caring and taking the time to help.

Big hugs!
Much love, Chelle xx

You are so right, and glad you are feeling perkier. Envy you going off to bed - got all of our girls this weekend so no escape for me! :p

You are so right, and glad you are feeling perkier. Envy you going off to bed - got all of our girls this weekend so no escape for me! :p

Hiya D_Q,
My plan was scuppered as Hubby borrowed a film (typical man film!) and we ended up watching it (whilst he had doughnuts :eek: !), but no - I didn't have anything whatsoever, so thats good.
Hope u're weekend is going well!

Big hugs, chelle xx

34/100 - Still struggling, but hanging on (just about!)

34/100

Wow, what a horrible few days - but on saying that, this TOTM hasn't been half as bad as 'usual' - so thats another plus to stay on the plan as it appears to be calming my PCOS symptoms down dramatically - and I haven't had a spot!!!!! (although it's clearing, my acne is still there, but I've not had the typical monthly outbreaks where it looks like I've grown another head overnight LOL!!). Also, I've hardly had any cramps (am 'usually' doubled up in pain and in bed for a few days with a hot water bottle).
I appear to be getting over it now and can appreciate the difference between past months and this one, and I realise that not only am I changing in appearance my hormonal state is calming and it'll be soo much nicer to live life on one level than be emotionally up & down all the time.
My water retention is pasing and have lost 1lb today, taking me to 13st 12lbs - so thats a 1lb loss this week, which I'm delighted with considering what a difficult week it's been.

I noticed last night in bed that my skin on my lower tummy feels strange - I can pull it quite far away from my body and although it pings back, it's looking like I'm defaintely going to be one of those women who suffer from the dreaded apron belly. It did upset me a bit, as I'm only 24 and I had hoped that I may get away with it - I want to avoid going under the knife if at all possible. I guess I won't know fully until I'm nearer goal, so will try not to worry - and there's always those magic knickers that tuck everything in!!
I've been very lapse with my firming lotion & body brushing, so will make sure that I keep up with it every day.

Big hugs, chelle xx

Last edited:
37/100 - Toilet troubles & food blues!!

37/100

I'm doing fine again, and now back to ssing & drinking 6 litres of water a day.
Had terrible constipation Sunday so took some Dulcolax Perles and Monday - OMG, was I ill!!!!!! I still managed to lose 2lbs in my weekly weigh in so thats good, and thankfully no more toilet troubles.
Tuesday I woke up and weighed another pound less at 13st 10lbs - so I'm very very pleased. Aiming for a really good weight loss this week - last few weeks have been 2lbs each - so really want to get a good few off this week.
I'm really missing food now, not so much the food but I miss cooking with hubby and eating with him of an evening. Sounds pathetic I know! But with only 9 weeks till Xmas, I want to be atleast another 2 stone lighter so thats what spurring me on.

Glug glug!!
Big hugs, Chelle xx

You dont sound pathetic, trust me, we have all felt like that!!!!

Well done on your loss, you are doing fab x

37/100

I'm doing fine again, and now back to ssing & drinking 6 litres of water a day.
Had terrible constipation Sunday so took some Dulcolax Perles and Monday - OMG, was I ill!!!!!! I still managed to lose 2lbs in my weekly weigh in so thats good, and thankfully no more toilet troubles.
Tuesday I woke up and weighed another pound less at 13st 10lbs - so I'm very very pleased. Aiming for a really good weight loss this week - last few weeks have been 2lbs each - so really want to get a good few off this week.
I'm really missing food now, not so much the food but I miss cooking with hubby and eating with him of an evening. Sounds pathetic I know! But with only 9 weeks till Xmas, I want to be atleast another 2 stone lighter so thats what spurring me on.

Glug glug!!
Big hugs, Chelle xx

Hi Chelle,

This is a tough diet that is for sure. But I don't know any other one that I have done so well on and got the same results.

I take fibre 89 and that does help with the constipation along with a bit of walking.

Really hope I manage to lose two stone...Christmas seems to near:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

30/10/06; why does each pound unleash a new demon?

42/100

Well all my days seem to be jumbled up and so I worked out that today I'm on Day 42. Wow, in another week I'll be half way thru my challenge.
I've been Ok, some good some bad days but mostly just ok days. Have been very homronal, but have managed to resist the urge to eat Hubbys ready-meals or pizzas which he's forced to eat whilst I'm not cooking atm.
Went to a party on Saturday, and got loads of comments from my family about how well I look and to "keep up the good work" - which really annoyed me. Why can't people just say "u're looking great" or even "u look better" would have been enough.
The party prompted old demons to appear, so I headed for my water and plain chicken & munched on that. It made me realise tho, that normally I'd have sat as close to the table eyeballing the food and thinking of what i'm about to have 'next' rather than what I was actually eating. I looked at the table, and made a mental list of all the things I would have "normally" pratically cleared the plate of - and there was only a few dished that I wouldn't have touched. It was quite an upsetting experience because it made.... no... forced me to realise that that old me has to go for good. I cannot abuse food... I cannot abuse my body if I want to be fit & healthy and live my life to the full free from the degrading symptoms of my PCOS. I'm worth seeing this journey thru - I've made it this far without any MAJOR blips.

I never realised that as the pounds shed so does the false 'comfort blanket' of old habits and it unleashes fears and feelings that I've never experienced before. I realise that food has been my armour against the world and most importantly, myself. I'm like an onion peeling, and I'm having to deal with things I buried underneath my blubber, things I don't want to address but must inorder to see this thru.
It certainly is a scary process - and I wonder if I will ever actually be happy with my appearance. There's always some guilt assosciated with complimenting urself, which appears to be a British thing, but as I move thru clothes sizes (quicker than hubby can take his credit card back haha!) I can't help but feel guilty about liking feeling a rib in bed, and for once it's my own.

So weigh in today, and I'm 13st 9lbs - a loss of 3lbs. I've also changed my target weight to 10st 7lbs because Hubby reminded me, that although I'm overweight, I'm very muscley (have done years of diets & exercise but never quite getting to target) & I'm broad shouldered with wide hips, so 9st may be too small and I don't want to lose my curves (or maybe thats Hubby wanting me not to lose them! lol) Obviously, will re-assess when I'm 10st 7lbs, but for now it seems closer anyway.

Cherrio for now
Much love, hugs chelle xx

Hi Chelle,

This is a tough diet that is for sure. But I don't know any other one that I have done so well on and got the same results.

I take fibre 89 and that does help with the constipation along with a bit of walking.

Really hope I manage to lose two stone...Christmas seems to near:rolleyes:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini!!

Lovely to see u on my thread! I think we must have cross posted!! lol
Yeh I know it works fab, and thats why I'm sticking with it hahaha!!! I've been taking the fibre 89 everyday with my morning shake and it's working fine, no more yuckyness!!!

I know what u mean about Xmas, it's coming soo quickly!! I really want to be in the 11s by Xmas time (would prefer 10s, but hey, gotta be realistic here LMTO!!) so need to get my butt to the gym and brave the swimming pool. Haven't been swimming for 2 yrs - maybe I've forgotten how to..... lol! (get back demon!!)

Glad u're doing soo well!

Much love, chelle xx

42/100

Well all my days seem to be jumbled up and so I worked out that today I'm on Day 42. Wow, in another week I'll be half way thru my challenge.
I've been Ok, some good some bad days but mostly just ok days. Have been very homronal, but have managed to resist the urge to eat Hubbys ready-meals or pizzas which he's forced to eat whilst I'm not cooking atm.
Went to a party on Saturday, and got loads of comments from my family about how well I look and to "keep up the good work" - which really annoyed me. Why can't people just say "u're looking great" or even "u look better" would have been enough.
The party prompted old demons to appear, so I headed for my water and plain chicken & munched on that. It made me realise tho, that normally I'd have sat as close to the table eyeballing the food and thinking of what i'm about to have 'next' rather than what I was actually eating. I looked at the table, and made a mental list of all the things I would have "normally" pratically cleared the plate of - and there was only a few dished that I wouldn't have touched. It was quite an upsetting experience because it made.... no... forced me to realise that that old me has to go for good. I cannot abuse food... I cannot abuse my body if I want to be fit & healthy and live my life to the full free from the degrading symptoms of my PCOS. I'm worth seeing this journey thru - I've made it this far without any MAJOR blips.

I never realised that as the pounds shed so does the false 'comfort blanket' of old habits and it unleashes fears and feelings that I've never experienced before. I realise that food has been my armour against the world and most importantly, myself. I'm like an onion peeling, and I'm having to deal with things I buried underneath my blubber, things I don't want to address but must inorder to see this thru.
It certainly is a scary process - and I wonder if I will ever actually be happy with my appearance. There's always some guilt assosciated with complimenting urself, which appears to be a British thing, but as I move thru clothes sizes (quicker than hubby can take his credit card back haha!) I can't help but feel guilty about liking feeling a rib in bed, and for once it's my own.

So weigh in today, and I'm 13st 9lbs - a loss of 2lbs. I've also changed my target weight to 10st 7lbs because Hubby reminded me, that although I'm overweight, I'm very muscley (have done years of diets & exercise but never quite getting to target) & I'm broad shouldered with wide hips, so 9st may be too small and I don't want to lose my curves (or maybe thats Hubby wanting me not to lose them! lol) Obviously, will re-assess when I'm 10st 7lbs, but for now it seems closer anyway.

Cherrio for now
Much love, hugs chelle xx

Hi chell Great losses
Your doing fab and as you said this time next week you will be 1/2 way thru :D
Looking forward to hearing of your next losses
xxc

Hi chell Great losses
Your doing fab and as you said this time next week you will be 1/2 way thru :D
Looking forward to hearing of your next losses
xxc

Thanks soo much for popping in & taking an interest. This forum never ceases to amaze me, that it can bring together such wonderful people who are full of hope, encouragement & inspiration.
Hows ur journey going? Ur losses are great!

Big hugs, chelle xx

02/11/06 - 2st 5lbs Gone, New hair, New pics!!!!

45/100

Hey!
Today I've finally got past the sulking part of being in abstinance, and am starting to embrace it. I haven't took some photos for a long time, so have been measuring my progress on the scales and trying on clothes I've not worn for years. Today I roped Hubby into taking some pictures and I've added them here;
Public Album I can't work out how to get the pics in order - but hopefully u can tell the before and afters LOL!!!

I can't beleive the difference in me - it's shocking! I treated myself last night and dyed my hair blonde - now is the time to see if blondes really do have more fun!! My hair isn't finished yet (have to wait 2 weeks before adding another colourant) but I like it so far! I'm really excited of how close Xmas is, and to know I WILL be at least another 2 stone lighter then - brilliant!!!!!!!

Time to stop just surviving and start living!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

03/11/06 - I'M NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!

46/100

Hiya!
I'M NO LONGER OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never been soo happy to be just 'overweight'!
I compared my BMI of todays weight to my starting weight;
15st 11lbs - 35.67 OBESE
13st 6lbs - 30.34 OVERWEIGHT

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
Doing fine - looking ahead rather than day by day has really lifted my mood & makes my goals feel like they're now within reaching distance.
Everyone is loving my hair and my new appearance - or maybe I'm giving off a confidence I never had before because I'm beginning to like who I am? Whatever it is, bring it on!!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hi Chell
FANTASTIC HUN
Thats a great feeling isnt it :D you sound confident in the way you come across so supportive (Thankyou)xx
Where can I work out my BMI and see if Im still obese??
Well done hun imagion how fab you'll feel next summer in that Bikini :)
xxc

Hi Chell
FANTASTIC HUN
Thats a great feeling isnt it :D you sound confident in the way you come across so supportive (Thankyou)xx
Where can I work out my BMI and see if Im still obese??
Well done hun imagion how fab you'll feel next summer in that Bikini :)
xxc

hey hun,
Aww thanks! I'm just soo glad that I can help in anyway and I'm not just rambling to myself LOL!
To check BMI CambridgeDieters.com

Not sure about the bikini tho - maybe a tankini or as a last resort, scuba diving outfit? LOL!!!

Take care hun
Much love, chelle xx

Back