Cruise PV Gorgeous Rhubarb Muffins

Splendarella

Taken from dukan-recipies.blogspot.com

Rhubarb Muffins (6 muffins), Dukan recipe

[I made these and just nibbled one - utterly gorgeous and perfect for a breakfast on the run. I doubled the bran quantities so eat 3 per day and they could end up as 2 days worth of bran. I used about 2 stems of rhubarb, splenda, some orange zest and cinnamon and stewed them till done then stirred all the rhubarb into the mixed ingredients.]

Take 1 rhubarb stem (mine weighed about 120g and was quite long!
Peel it and divide the stem in half (lengthwise), then divide the stem again so that you get 1cm wide stems (4 of them) , and then chop them up into little cubes.
I put half the rhubarb in a pot and covered with water, microwaved for about 1 minute, and got a lovely mushy mixture (make sure you drain the excess water out...), which I poured into the mix below. The rest I sprinkle into the moulds before going in the oven.

I mixed the following ingredients in a food processor:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflower
- 2 tablespoons Oat Bran
- 1 tablespoon Wheat Bran
- 3-4 tablespoons sweetener (according to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Fat Free fromage frais (or Quark etc)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger and maybe some cinnemon
plus the Rhubarb from above. (to be honest, you could even add more Rhubarb than what I've written here as it just tastes heavenly.)

After that, I poured the mix into silicone muffin moulds (6 holes) and then sprinkled the other half of the Rhubarb into the mix in each of the muffins.

Oven pre-heated to 180 degrees (I've got a fan oven) and I baked the lovelies for 40[/U][/U][/U]

Hi Joan

I don't normally comment on anything nutrition-wise because I'm still fairly new. But rhubarb is allowed as it's classed as a vegetable. I don't have my copy of the book, but I'm sure it's one of the 100 allowed foods. Almost positive you can have 100g on PP days as a tolerated.

Mark

thanks for pointing that out will be having some of that stewed with some yoghurt, may also try making those muffins!

Jo :eek:

Back