got my packs yay!

kati

Gold Member
saw the counsellor today and got my foodpacks so I can start the diet tomorrow. Sounds like I'm going to have to go out and buy a blender after reading what everyone has had to say about the lumps. Anyone know a good cheap one to get?

Anyway, I thought the counseller was supposed to weigh me :confused: everyone else seems to go somewhere to get weighed whereas I got told to weigh myself and measure myself at home. Is it normal to be told to do that? She seemed nice enough but I think if I have any questions I'd probably rather ask on here rather than to phone her. I've learned a lot more off everyone here already than what she told me in the 10 minutes I was there with her.

Can you change counsellors once you've started or are you stuck with the same person? just she's quite far from me and it'll be awkward getting there some days with having to pick the kids up rom school and heavy traffic etc, I thought maybe I'd try and see if there is anyone closer

Hi Kati
You sound as excited about you first day on CD as I did.yeaaa

My CDC always weighs and measure me,I look forward to the offical weigh in,my friend always gets weighed by her CDC to.But I also know people that weigh themselves and have never been weighed by CDC.

You can change CDC,look on cambridge site and see if you can find one closer.

Hope you have a good first day.
Let us know how you go,

love libbie x

I've just been using a little hand held type thing.

This would probably do you - Shop for Cookworks Power Hand Blender. at Argos.co.uk

but I've been using one with a whisk attachment, so it depends on how much you want to spend.

My CDC is miles away as well, 30 min bus ride there and back, and spent 30 mins just waiting for the blumin bus last time. Think you can change, but is there one nearer. Lots of them don't seem to mind if you go a little less often to get the packs though - say fortnightly instead?

Good luck!

thanks Libbie. I've been dying to get started since last week, I can't wait to start losing weight.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having to weigh myself, but i think it could be possible to lose too much weight that way if she's not keeping an eye on just how much people are losing because we could tell her anything couldn't we

ooh thats a good price wobbly thanks for that link. I'll have a pop down to argos in the morning and see if i can get it before breakfast lol

When I looked on the website there was one very close to where I live but when it came to making the decision to go for it her name had gone so I just picked one of the other 4 I think that were in the newcastle area. I don't know if any of the others are closer but could be worthwhile finding out.

I think I'd have to ask about going every other week or something specially since I dont go there to get weighed. I think it would take about 2 hours if I ever had to get there by bus, thankfully my car is working ok for now.

saw the counsellor today and got my foodpacks so I can start the diet tomorrow. Sounds like I'm going to have to go out and buy a blender after reading what everyone has had to say about the lumps. Anyone know a good cheap one to get?

Anyway, I thought the counseller was supposed to weigh me :confused: everyone else seems to go somewhere to get weighed whereas I got told to weigh myself and measure myself at home. Is it normal to be told to do that? She seemed nice enough but I think if I have any questions I'd probably rather ask on here rather than to phone her. I've learned a lot more off everyone here already than what she told me in the 10 minutes I was there with her.

Can you change counsellors once you've started or are you stuck with the same person? just she's quite far from me and it'll be awkward getting there some days with having to pick the kids up rom school and heavy traffic etc, I thought maybe I'd try and see if there is anyone closer

Kati - my Counsellor doesn't weigh / measure me either :( and when I did phone her (during first few days) - she was never available !!

She's not much good to be honest - but I have no choice cos she's the only one where I live ! - think I'll just have to become a CDC myself and offer others a better service :)

I literally phone her to tell her what I need ( every 4 weeks !) and then go to collect it...and give her my dosh, of course....she doesn't even ring on WI day to see how I've got on :eek:

so - although there are loads of fab CDCs out there, there are still a few duffers !!

Good luck on your journey - and come on here if you've got questions - that's what I've been doing and Minimins rocks !

Just popped in to wish you all the best for tomorrow:p

Hope you manage to find a counsellor nearer to you.... don't forget to take a photo so that you have something to look back on :)

I think that is unacceptable. My counsellor weighs me every week. She also measures bust, waist, hips, thighs and upper arms, every week. She then spends as much time as I need 1:1. For people at goal and maintaining, she weighs & gives advice & support each week whether or not they buy any packs. It doesn't seem right that the service is "post code related" does it?
Ann x

I think that is unacceptable. My counsellor weighs me every week. She also measures bust, waist, hips, thighs and upper arms, every week. She then spends as much time as I need 1:1. For people at goal and maintaining, she weighs & gives advice & support each week whether or not they buy any packs. It doesn't seem right that the service is "post code related" does it?
Ann x

Couldn't agree more Ann - I read about all the lovely CDCs on here - and experience so much support from all of you that I have felt really let down by my CDC :( but I don't have a choice as there literally is no other option for me !

Hi firstly good luck for tomorrow!

I too was dissapointed with my first cdc. She did weigh me each week and was friendly..but I was very upset that even in the first week when she rang to change the time of our next meeting she never asked how I was getting on!

Anway i went on to loose 3st3, went away on hols, called her when i got back and she never got back in contact. So i posted a msg on here and was put in contact with another cdc....and she is fantastic...weighs me, measures me, text, emails and phones me!
i was given a folder of bits and pieces of info and she is just so different and supportive its amazing!

I think you are free to change cdc whenever you feel the need...if you feel you want more support and need more out of a cdc then I reccomend you change.

Anway good luck for tomorrow, its quiet hard but you will be fab!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs Lou X

I nearly gave up the cd due to my cdc not being at all enthusiastic, she did weigh me but i didn't go back i was recommended a cdc on this site. If you say where you are from someone may know of or be using a cdc who will help you on your journey.

Good luck if you need anything just ask.

wow it's amazing what differences there are between everyones experiences. I live near newcastle upon tyne ;)

Good tip about the photo thanks, I'll take one tonight if the batteries haven't ran out on my camera.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive even though I haven't even started yet

Oh Kati i'm so excited for you!! I remember the day before i started the diet, it was almost like christmas eve!! The results are amazing, just make the journey easy for yourself and DO NOT CHEAT. Nuff said, look forward to hearing how your first day goes - expect the worse for the first few days but you'll soon be feeling on top of the world...

Invest in a decent set of scales if you have to rely on yourself and re the blender mine was 5 quid from tesco but it's quite violent and i had to buy an extra large measuring jug otherwise the stuff would squirt everywhere!!

Good luck

GOOD LUCK with the start of your CD journey tomorrow kati - you really will be amazed at how quickly the weight comes off - this is definitely the best plan ever :)

Do hope you find a CDC who can offer you the service you deserve, but remember you'll get loads of support and encouragement on here.

thanks everyone :) it's nice to know there are a few of us sarting at the same time. thanks for the email address I'll add you to messenger later (have to go to work in literally 2 minutes)

I had toffee and walnut for breakfast, at first I thought mmm this is lovely but then by the end I thought one more mouthful and I'm going to be sick! not through the taste but the consistency, if I add more water will that ake it easier to drink?

thanks everyone :) it's nice to know there are a few of us sarting at the same time. thanks for the email address I'll add you to messenger later (have to go to work in literally 2 minutes)

I had toffee and walnut for breakfast, at first I thought mmm this is lovely but then by the end I thought one more mouthful and I'm going to be sick! not through the taste but the consistency, if I add more water will that ake it easier to drink?

Hi Kati

Good luck for today, and yes it makes it sooo much easy when you buddy up with people starting at the same time as you!

More water will obv make the shake thinner so give it a try!! It took me a while to get used to the packs, i gagged all the way through my first one - but now i LOVE them!! haha.

You're in for a tough few days but just stick it out it'll be worth it, there is an amazing prize waiting for you at the end of the rainbow...

Luv,

Good luck Kati

Keep drinking the water - it really does make all the difference!
If you live near N upon Tyne why not get in contact with Isobel - she's a CDC and I bet she's absolutely fab if the support she gives people on here is anything to go by!

Don't know how much you have to lose, but SSing can be really grim and I think a good CDC who is going to support you is vital! You are not under any obligation to stick with a particular CDC if you are not happy with him/her. Sometimes people just don't "gel", no blame on either side, but if you need support find a CDC who will support you.

As a CDC myself, I hope my clients value the support I give them, some people like/need a lot and I have others who prefer me at arms length - the important thing is I help each according to their preference. Whilst I'd rather they were my clients - if they don't like me/my style and go to another CDC - then that's entirely their choice and I don't take it personally.

Hmmm, hope this post doesn't upset anyone - it's not meant to!

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Back