Got to give up

Glad its not just me then, i would like someone to tell me what to eat

Hi Dawn well i myself am in the same boat as u hun cd head office have officially stopped me ssing for the moment so i am now looking into Gi diet as well.
When i was in Tesco`s yesterday i saw a little book called The Gi diet,new and updated for 2006 with family focus and it is by Rick Gallop.
It was 3.99 but reduced to 97p and it has so many tips and advice and i found it so easy to understand the logic of the diet.
Also they list tesco products that are low Gi and tesco now list GI ratings on their foods so it makes it easier for us.
The gi listing says all foods that are rated 50 and under on the Gi listing are low gi and above are high so u should stay away from the high ratings.
They are split into 3 sections, red=high yelow=medium and green=low and for people who want to diet have to stick to mainly green incorporating the yellow section.

Which book are u reading and which part are u finding confusing,will try and help u understand it,just pm me or are u on msn or yahoo and we can chat.
Take care,have a good weekend xx

Thanks roch trying to get on msn, watch this space. I have got rick gallop gi book but so used to sw need a bit of time to get my head round it.
Hubby out tonight so i am going to look on internet for some ideas/recipes and plan to start as soon as i can get shopping in, hopefully monday as it has been my wi day and put on 3 lb last week being good (not, lol)

I shop at tescos so i am going to try to get that book

Looking forward to chatting to you

Roch just seen you are in Enfield, i was born i Cheshunt then lived around there for ages(mostly broxbourne)

Lardass, have you though about changing your title because you aren't giving up you are just doing the same journey via another mode of transport ;)

That traffic light book is the one we go by in our household and is so easy to understand. The pages have a red, amber and green column. The foods are listed in the appropriate column - What could be easier :D

Basically try to think about how long it would take your body to digest what you are eating.

For instance, if you are having potato, what would be the lowest GI way of having them, mashed? or boiled new potatoes? The answer in boiled new especially if you leave them slightly firmer because the body needs to work harder to break them down. Mashed they have been peeled and cooked for longer and then smashed to bits leaving the body very little to have to break down - quite apart from the fact that you usually add other high GI food to it.

In the same way that raw veggies and fruit is lower GI than cooked.

I hope this helps :D

I think it is the portion sizes that bother me a bit but hey in for a penny in for a pound (off i hope) i'll give it a go and bug you experts for advice along the way.

So bear with me, i can eat any green light food (portion limited only if stated), occasional yellow light but never red. White meat and fish ok but limit red meat.

Ooooo, forgot to say that some low GI food should be limited or avoided when dieting but the book puts and asterisk against those so you don't even have to think about that :D

I also forgot to mention that it given you the portion sizes in the easy to read blurb at the font of this pocket sized book :D

Easy peasy ;)

Any hints for a good store cupboard first shop, not alot i don't like.

I think you can change the title by editing your first post on the thread.

As for the GI thing, stick to ingredients on the low GI green scale and have a go at making your own versions of the things you like to eat.

We have made a number of changes so that we get the lowest gi versions of the foods we like to eat.

For example we couldn't imagine not having wholemeal bread. We not only have basmati rice but go for the brown stuff, once it is covered in the sauce of the main part of the meal then you actually don't notice the difference.

There are a few recipes in the back of the book too :D

Sorry Linda not ignoring you

Pharmasist said that he thought it wasn't linked to cd and if i wanted to i could do lipotrim and he would keep an eye on me.

Blood tests came back 'normal'

As it has taken a while to get some answers i have been reading up on GI and think thim may be the way forward for me an i only have 12-15 lb to go.

GI is great and as you say you haven't got much to lose now.

The GI diet teaches you how to eat for life so long term its great. That's way CD introduce low GI during stabilisation moving onto the GI way once maintenance is achieved.

Glad your results were okay.

Linda

GI is great and as you say you haven't got much to lose now.

The GI diet teaches you how to eat for life so long term its great. That's way CD introduce low GI during stabilisation moving onto the GI way once maintenance is achieved.

Glad your results were okay.

Linda

Same for LL too. The management programme is based on GI principles too :D

Finding it really hard to stick to healthy eating, the picking biscuits has crept back in. The first week i was quite good but im really missing the cd now.

I think ketosis is the bees knees.

Because of previous illness i'm reluctant to ss but could i use it as a detox/short term fix to cure these munchies. TOTM approaching.

The picking had resulted in a gain (suprise suprise) i am soooo cross with myself.

I think i will have to do cal counting or WW (looked at ww online and have to pay for 3 months upfront) and can't get to a meeting this week.

Help me !!!!!!!!!

The picking had resulted in a gain (suprise suprise) i am soooo cross with myself.

I think i will have to do cal counting or WW (looked at ww online and have to pay for 3 months upfront) and can't get to a meeting this week.

Help me !!!!!!!!!

Hi Dawn
1st ((((((hugs)))))) for you :)

im sorry your picking...........been there thousands of times?
Do you know why?Is everything ok at the moment in your life??
I know for me personally I have to be at least 95% ok in my life to take the weight loss challenge on and Im hoping this time LL will help me with my demons as I have many,
What diet plan have you done in the past that you've lost on but found the easiest?Try that one at the moment as your picking I feel as at the moment your emotions are telling you your missing out on food?
Youve done great before and I think with a bit of deep thought why its hard for you at the moment you'll get back on track.
Don't beat yourself up over the picking we've all done it :eek:
Be kind to yourself clear your head and start the best plan for you,I love WW always works for me but I always regain due to my demons ;) ,so try WW online Ive done that and lost 2 stone in 12 weeks.
XXC

Hi,

I am a member of WLR and I have to say, it was my saviour after being so ill and becoming housebound, to a point where, at 22, I could bearly walk 10 yards without my back killing and getting very out of breath. This is not the same Carrie that played county netball, played hockey and badminton, swam and gymmed regularly and hated being stuck in on her ass. This was the Carrie that put on 5 stone in a many months and had become so scared of outside, that one room in the house was all she could manage. I believe WLR saved me from this as it taught me that there was a way forward. I got myself a personal trainer and got moving. Here I am, a stone lighter and fit as a fiddle, just awaiting therapy. I still have 12 stone to lose, but that was why I wanted to do LL. I am now off to SW and will stick with WLR. You are more than welcome there, and many people lose a lot of weight doing it!

Good luck.

Also, if you have done LL or CD and start picking at normal food again, you WILL gain initially because your body is replacing its glycogen stores without taking it from converted fat. Also, if you haven't done management, eating is going to be hard for a while. Many on WLR do WW or SW or GI and use the site to keep tabs as the facilities are fantastic.

Back