Grain Free Weight Loss - 4 stone in 5 months - :)

Hello Squeakie and Tekniicolor... it's nice to know you're reading too. Good luck with your weight loss goals. X x :)

Maybe it was a bit too early for something sweetish to eat... what did I go and do? :(
Had two more pancakes for tea rather than the prawn stir-fry I had planned... Mrs Carb Addict was in the background 'but they are sugar free and grain free, eat as many as you like... won't stall your weight loss.' The cowbag... I was about to make a third when I got a hold of myself and put the mixture in the bin. I know it seems no big deal and the food was low carb but because it was sweet and creamy it kicked off those carb cravings. I am in fear of binging... I know at some point I will... as we have to make mistakes to learn and grow... but I don't want to blow it so early in to my weight loss as I will struggle to get back on the wagon.
I was determined last night not to listen to my CA who was wittering 'you've blown it now, have some lovely cold, crisp Easter Egg out of the fridge... tomorrow you can get back in the saddle for three days and still lose by Weigh-day.' Oh how she used to talk me around... so easily.
This time I didn't relent... I put the rest of the coconut cream in the dogs bowls... bathed, told stories and then put LO to bed. I had a deep bubble bath and then took myself off to bed with a herbal tea and a good book.

I think I need the 21 day induction that a lot of low-carb diets suggest to really knock cravings on the head. So starting from today I will NOT eat anything off plan and I shall aim for lean and green (plus berries and nuts) until weigh day at least.

Right enough warble and down to business...

Have a lovely day folks... we have sunshine and frost... at least there's no rain. x x

*Oh and the Easter Egg in the fridge belongs to O/H... he moaned when I asked him to put it in the carboot away from my vision, "I like it cold out of the fridge." When I pointed out it was 2 degrees outside and probably colder in the carboot than the fridge he said, "Can't you just control yourself?" So much for a supportive partner.
The Easter Egg stayed in the fridge and the O/H slept in the spare room. :D All's fair in Love and Dieting.

Day 12

B/fast: Prawn StirFry
Lunch: Mushroom, green pepper, ham omelette
Tea: Turkey steaks with broccoli, red cabbage
Snks: Frozen forest fruits, 8 almonds

Exercise: 30 mins walk, 30 mins dance with L/O; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

Good morning Vanwoodle... :)

I must admit, after getting the prawns and veg out of the fridge I just thought... urgh!
So they have gone back in for lunch and I shall have the omelette when I get peckish for brekkie. At the moment I am just not hungry (even though I have been up since 5) and I don't feel bloated at all, so I am pleased to say even though I over indulged in almond pancakes, they haven't had any lasting effect.

Sam x

haha! have noticed you sometimes eat quinoa porridge. i was always under the impression this was a grain....apparently not heh!! i miss my cereals sometimes so may have to try this. how do you do yours? is it a good substitute?
i have let myself down quite spectacularly since my good day at work Sunday...but...have regained control and given ca a slap. onwards and downwards! x

Yes... Quinoa is a seed. I soak it over night and then the next morning put in a pan with milk or soya milk,a few sun flower seeds or pine nuts and if I want something a little sweeter a put in a few sultanas or half a sliced banana. I then cook it slowly for fifteen to twenty minutes... Until the liquid is reduced. It makes a nice unusual porridge or you can have it savoury cooked in water or stock... Use it like cous cous. I am glad you have slapped CA into submission... She just isnt worth listening to. X x

mmm ..quinoa porridge was gorgeous !! agree its unusual but really enjoyed it. cooked it in almond milk with some coconut milk thrown in, vanilla, cinnamon and sultanas. served with banana, blueberries and chopped nuts and seeds. sounds like a feast when written down!! very filling on a small amount too. am converted for the days when egg and bacon don't hit the spot!
hope your lo is coming through the other side!
have a good day x

Your porridge sounds extra yummy Vanwoodle... I shall have to try almond milk. Had a very busy morning so shall update later but all going well on the grain free weight loss front. Didn't have any brekkie as I was in a rush and tbh I just wasn't hungry. Really liking a low carb lifestyle atm.
Have a good day folks. X x

And thank you - my little one does seem a lot better today - teething free. :) x

Last edited:
Day 12

B/fast: -
Lunch: Homemade veg soup
Tea: Roast Chicken, cauli, green beans
Snks: Raspberries, Blueberries

Exercise: 30 minute walk; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

Hi Sam, you are doing so well. Wish I had your motivation.

Sorry I've not replied for ages.

I'm doing terrible since Easter. I have been picking at my sons Easter eggs constantly and can't stop although I know it is wrong as they aren't mine. Then once I've eaten some I feel bad. I can't have chocolate in the house. I can't throw it as it isn't mine to throw. I wish I had your willpower.

Keep up the excellent work X

Hello Donzy thanks for stopping by. I notice you have lost weight doing the primal diet ~ I think it is the way to go ~ well done you. :) x

It's hard having other peoples food in the house isn't it Lisa... I have baked snacks for my two kids (toddler and teenager) and it is hard to resist the odd bag of crisps or Mini Cheddars especially when life gets stressful or just busy. I think I just got to the point I was so sick and fed up of being sick and fat that I needed to do something about it. That is what is keeping me on the straight and narrow at the moment - how fed up I got with myself.
Are you still doing Slimming World? They allow you to have treats don't they... can you count your choccy in those? For me the only syn is the amount of syns I would eat... I am an all or nothing kind of girl so I have to be a nothing gal to lose weight.

Really annoyed that my scales have finally broken (after 20 years) and I need to get a new pair before tomorrows weigh-in. My son pointed out that he got on them three times this morning and they gave three different weights... so I am going to Argos to buy another pair. I am very aware that I may get on the new scales and weigh more than last week as my old scales could have been totally off... it has made me have a knotted stomach thinking about it. God forbid I weigh more than I think I do and my old scales were lying :(
Hmmm why do we let our weight get us in such a state when people out there have terminal illnesses or life affecting disabilities? I need to get a grip me thinks.

Well low-carbing is still going well. Not hungry and have pretty good energy levels, I am getting the odd headache but I know I need to drink more water.
I have knocked coffee on the head now and I am drinking herbal tea... my fav being Twinnings Lemon & Ginger. It really gives me a lift... not quite caffeine lol but it's pretty close.

I start a part-time job today - it's only 12 hours a week but it's more money in the pot and it gives O/H lots of daddy & daughter time. (I just know when I get back home the house will look as though a bomb has hit it. :rolleyes: ) Anyway I shall walk to and from my job ( 90 minutes) so that will do for exercise today.

I hope you are all revved up for the weekend... does anyone have anything nice planned?

Time to scarper....

Take care

Love Sam. x x

Day 13

B/fast: Left over Homemade veg soup (with four veg)
Lunch: Chicken salad with lettuce, roast green peppers and mayo
Tea: Chicken in mushroom and cream sauce, cauli mash
Snks: Almonds, pork scratchings

Exercise: 90 minute walk; crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

I've two girls eldest is 5 and youngest turned 2 last month. We seem to have a very similar diet at the minute, i'm also off grains and find i have to be real careful not to set off a binge (did when we went away and took nearly a month to get back on it!) x

Back