GrannieAnnie`s weight loss diary and mad ramblings!

Hi Kate & Chloe! Haven`t forgotten to subscribe to your diaries I`m just updating my day first :)

Forgot to say earlier that I was back at the hospital today. Feels like I live there at the moment. This time it was my 85 year old mum. She`d fallen on the ice putting out the rubbish and broke her ankle. She`s staying in overnight for observation. She`ll be fine but stubborn and won`t admit she`s not as agile as she used to be.

Like most of the country, we`ve got the white stuff outside but it`s not as bad here in the east as it is further west. Been all over the place today as I have to get two buses to get from the hospital home so the food diary is not as comp[lete as it perhaps should be. Did my weigh in earlier, bit disappointed with a half pound loss. I`ve tried really hard to stick to plan this week. Hopefully results will be better next week.

Brekkie: Magic porridge & frozen fruit
Lunch: Leek & potato soup
Dinner: Bacon, egg & mushy pea curry.

I`ll report back later to let you know what the mushy pea curry tastes like! Didn`t have time for any snacks today.

Must do better!

Grannie you hav edone well with 1/2 lbs loss. Please do not get upset about it. You can't expect to lose a large amount every week. However, by staying on plan the weight will come off gradually - believe me as my losses are very slow but managed to lose just over 4 stone in a year. Just stay on plan, make sure to eat a lot of superfree. On this plan you need to be harsh and feed your body with superfree and free food (of course until you are full up and satisfied), the more you eat the more you lose. The reason being that you are pushing your body to work harder to get rid of stagenant energy and water. Well it seems you do a lot of walking so that is good for you too and drink as much fluid as you can too (prefereably water). Most important thing of all is not to compare your losses with someone elses (even if you are similar age, height, build, etc) as each person's body is different and burns energy in a different way due to a number of factors (genes, habits, illness/wellnesss......).

Looked at your losses in total rather than week by week. 5.5 lbs in 2 weeks is excellent. Be proud of it.

have a great evening and hopefully you are not hit we as much snow as we have in the West country.

That makes 3 of us so far with a 1/2lb loss this week! Here's to next week! Good Luck Grannie! X

Thanks for the lovely replies! I know I`m being harsh on myself, I just have to be more realistic.

I do find it hard to eat enough superfree, but I am working on it. Haven`t had one bar of chocolate or packet of crisps since new year, that`s good for me.
The reason I haven`t had them as syns is because I don`t trust myself not to over do it. I`m capable of eating a family block of chocolate and 6pk of crisps in one sitting!

Here I am again on a cold snowy day! Def NOT going out. Far too cold!

Mum`s home now, with her ankle in plaster. Much to her annoyance! My brother lives in the same village as her and has given her instructions not to do anything silly! We`ll wait and see on that! :)
My sister in law is now busy cooking various meals and putting them into individual portions for her. All she`ll need to do is defrost and reheat them. Hopefully there`ll be no more visits to hospital for a while!

Had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and I`ve got a jacket potato cooking in the oven. Gonna try to eat more speed & superspeed food if I can! Will update more later! Bye for now!:D

Back again!! :D

Haven`t posted for a few days. After trekking to the hospital in the snow I felt a bit blurgh! Feeling a little better now, well enough to go online. We had about six inches of snow yesterday and the local primary school is closed for the day. So I`ve got my granddaughter coming over later - chaos!

Planning meals in advance has been helpful in several ways. Not only to help me stick to plan but with the shopping as well. No unplanned visits to the shops cos I haven`t organised dinner. So not spending extra money on things I don`t really need. You can bet your life I always buy something extra!!

This is what I`ve had so far:

Brekkie: Fruit & yougurt
Lunch: Jacket potato & beans cucumber & tomato side salad.

Gonna have diet coke chicken for dinner so I`ll let you know what it`s like!

Off to make syn free "philli" cheese! There`s a thread on it here somewhere!!

Hello again

Haven`t posted for a few days felt really down & depressed. All this snow deosn`t help, means I can`t get out and about as much as I`d like.

I normally walk every day for about an hour or so. But with this snow it`s been too icy to walk properly. It`s getting me down. Perhaps I should wlak up and down the stairs in a bid to do some exercise.

Can`t believe how disciplined I`ve been foodwise over the last few days. Something told me that if I`m not exercising as much as I should then I need to a closer eye on what I`m eating. Apart from that, everything`s been fairly quiet and boring!!

Brekkie: fruit & yogurt
Lunch: scrambled egg & Wholemeal toast
Dinner: sausage casserole.

Got some options hot choccie for later. Might even let myself have a bailey`s with it. Have to check the syn value for that....

Hello again

Haven`t posted for a few days felt really down & depressed. All this snow deosn`t help, means I can`t get out and about as much as I`d like.

I normally walk every day for about an hour or so. But with this snow it`s been too icy to walk properly. It`s getting me down. Perhaps I should wlak up and down the stairs in a bid to do some exercise.

Can`t believe how disciplined I`ve been foodwise over the last few days. Something told me that if I`m not exercising as much as I should then I need to a closer eye on what I`m eating. Apart from that, everything`s been fairly quiet and boring!!

Got some options hot choccie for later. Might even let myself have a bailey`s with it. Have to check the syn value for that....

Well done! Looks like you're doing well :) Bailey's is 4 syns for 25ml or 5.5 syns for 35ml :)

Thanks for the lovely replies! I know I`m being harsh on myself, I just have to be more realistic.

I do find it hard to eat enough superfree, but I am working on it. Haven`t had one bar of chocolate or packet of crisps since new year, that`s good for me.
The reason I haven`t had them as syns is because I don`t trust myself not to over do it. I`m capable of eating a family block of chocolate and 6pk of crisps in one sitting!
sps

Crisps are my downfall too! I would quite happily eat a large bag, or multipack, to myself. I haven't had them for 19 days which is quite good going. I did sniff my son's bag of hula hoops on monday though :eek:

I hope your Mum is on the mend now too x

Hello again

Grannie you are doing great. I ike to mix Baileys with a glass of milk - have not had it for ages. Think got a small sample bottle of it somewhere that need to be dug out.

Managed to get my walking done today for the first time in a few days. The side roads where i live are still icy but once i was on the main roads it was better. I`ll be glad when it`s spring, there`s some lovely paths where i live. all put in by the council, on a nice day there`s loads of people out enjoying the countryside. Mum`s with toddlers feeding the ducks. Fishermen, cyclists, runners and walkers - with or without dogs! So much nicer than walking through the streets, but htere`s not much option at the moment, even without the snow. It`s either too muddy or too dark. Apart form the mud the only downside iis that thewre`s no lighting along the cycle paths. Oh, well....

While I was out, I did notice that my coat was feeling a little less tight. As I`ve got wi tomorrow I`m hoping for a loss. Even an STS would be ok. Been doing ok with my food intake as well. Haven`t finished my milk allowance for today so I`ll use it all for my hot choccie. Don`t know what I`ll do when it`s too warm for hot chocolate as I tend to struggle drinking milk. I only really have it in tea and the odd occasion that I have cereal I only use enough to wet it. Don`t like milk puddings like rice or semolina. Yet I can`t drink my tea black. I know I`m a bit strange....:)

Here`s my food intake for today

Brekkie: yogurt & 1 alpen light
Mid morning: satsuma & apple
Lunch: Jacket spud & Prawns + salad
Mid afternoon: 1 alpen & melon
Dinner: Salmon, new potatoes, peas & carrots

Gonna attempt to make sw ice cream tomorrow. Just gotta buy a new whisk! The old one was rusty so I chucked it out and haven`t replaced it yet!!

Well the ice cream was scrummy! Have even made some more but this time flavoured with orange with bits of orange macthmakers in it.

Can`t understand how I`ve suddenly become so organised with planning my meals. It`s a bit of a faff at the time and it does take me a while to come to a decision. But all in all it seems to be working! Less likely to pick at things that will sabotage my weight loss.

Hubby has a little moan about eating "diet food" but it`s funny how he polished off the ice cream!

The snow is all gone now. It`s almost as if it was never there. Good job too. It`s nice to look at on Christmas Day but that`s about it!

Brekkie: 2 slices of wholemeal toast
Lunch: Vegetable Soup
Dinner: Roast lamb, sw roast potatoes, red cabbage & carrots

Snacked on fruit as and when I needed. Haven`t used up all my milk allowance today so will be having a hot choccie later.

Your meals sound lovely Grannie! X

I do my best Tilly! Don`t claim to be an expert and have certainly cooked mfrom scratch more on sw than I did before. Love having posts on my diary, they help to keep me on track.

Had to arrange car hire for next week. We`re going away to a log cabin in Suffolk for a few days and it`s a bit off the beaten track. We don`t have a car although I can drive. It`s a bit of a faff! You wouldn`t believe how much of a deposit some companies wanted. I won`t name names but one company wanted a £600 deposit for a Fiat 500! Going upwards to a max of £1100 depending on what size car you wanted! Eventually chose a well known company and their deposit was only £250. And they`ll deliver it our door and collect it on our return. No messing about going to the office!

Food for the day!

Brekkie: Magic Porridge
Lunch: Minestrone soup
Dinner: Lamb korma from Jan edition of sw mag

Enjoyed the korma! I`ll be trying more sw recipes!

I love Korma and Tikka Masala! Will have to look up those recipes for next week mmm! X

Back