Green Day thread. ..

The vegg is quite good for making things taste like egg, I make scrambled Vegg (tofu and the vegg), the french toast I had the other day was made with it as well and I put a bit in the bread & butter pudding I made last night, it is also good as a runny yolk with breakfast :). I find Orgran No Egg better for baking, I have used it to make cakes.

That's interesting thank you, I've used the No Egg quite a bit for brushing on filo pastry and as a binder which seems to work well. Maybe we will have a cooked breaskfast this weekend and I will try The Vegg as a warm runny yolk. Did you know that The Vegg have a cookbook out? It's currently only available to buy direct for $15 with shipping to the UK, but the guy that makes it is trying to find a UK supplier.

Yes I've seen it, I follow the Vegg on facebook and they post quite a lot of recipes :)

Todays food:
B - 2 Weetabix with chopped strawberries and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze milk, unsweetened (HEB and part HEA)
S - 2 bananas
L - 2 slices wholemeal from 400g loaf with syn-free roasted pepper and chilli houmous, mixed baby leaves with rocket and 5g seed sprinkles (1.5 syns) and 1 tbsp balsamic dressing (1 syn), 100g Alpro Soya vanilla yogurt (1.5 syns)
S - Lemon drizzle cupcake (5.5 syns)
D - Jacket potato with Stagg vegetable chili (2.5 syns)
Gin and slim-line tonic (2.5 syns)
Total syns: 14.5

Weight uppp and down. . Any ideas guys? Maybe it's water

Today

X2 hifi
Mango
Water
Cordial & water
Deli box (2 syn) fruit salad
Water
Tofu steak (3 syn) & greens

Weight uppp and down. . Any ideas guys? Maybe it's water

Today

X2 hifi
Mango
Water
Cordial & water
Deli box (2 syn) fruit salad
Water
Tofu steak (3 syn) & greens

^^
Is this all your eating today? Could be that your body isn't get enough to work the metabolism - before I started sw, I ate very little and was gaining weight - down to not eating enough .. Started eatin more and more frequently - and now im loosing :) xx HTH xx

I already feel sick before dinner. . Am struggling with the volumes of food :(

Be quite happy with water for tonight! Gah its tough. . Tummy trouble not helping!

My food for today

Breakfast - potato cakes (3 syns), scrambled Vegg (1 syn) and beans
Tea - Mushroom stroganoff (1/2 HEA + 2 syns), rice, peas and sweetcorn and roasted fennel with tomato and white beans
Lunch for work - hummus & salad butty (HEB + 1 syns), redwood slice & salad butty (HEB + 1 syn), grapes and apple
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), french fries (4 syns) and banana

I already feel sick before dinner. . Am struggling with the volumes of food :(

Be quite happy with water for tonight! Gah its tough. . Tummy trouble not helping!

​I don't think this weather is helping I'm cooking things and leaving half and like you all I want is water

I generally find hot weather makes you eat less and want to drink more - on hol I usually drink more than eat ... X

Am trying to do better today. . Taking a break from studying to eat n have a cuppa

B : two egg & wholemeal bread
Snack grapes
One litre water & latte (used almond breeze)
L : pasta, tomatoes and reduced fat houmous 1.5 syn
Redbush tea & another water bottle

Tonight
Fruit platter : oranges , blackberries & melon maybe alpro vanilla yog on top (4 syns)

Trying to reintroduce super free this week. Increased my medication so far so good!

Todays menu:
Brunch: Beans on toast (2 slices from 400g Warburtons loaf - 5 syns), 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn) and 1tsp The Vegg (1 syn)
Diet cherry coke float with 50g Swedish Glace vanilla ice-cream (5 syns)
Dinner: WW Petit Pain (HEB), soya steak, tomato and onion pasta, pickled onions, 35g Soya cheese (HEB), roasted veg cous cous (1 syn), new potatoes, corn on the cob with 1tbsp sweet chilli and mango sauce (1 syn)
200ml Koko coconut milk with chocolate and Soya protein (HEA and half a syn)
Total syns: 14.5

My food for today

Breakfast -LM sausage, beans, grilled tomato, tinned tomatoes with mushrooms in it and potato cake (1.5 syns)
Tea - spicy bean burger (4.5 syns), SW chips, peas and sweetcorn
Lunch for work -2 redwood and salad butties (2 HEB + 2 syns), grapes and apple
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), banana, french fries (4 syns)

I_am_plankton, did you like your Vegg?

My food for today

Breakfast -LM sausage, beans, grilled tomato, tinned tomatoes with mushrooms in it and potato cake (1.5 syns)
Tea - spicy bean burger (4.5 syns), SW chips, peas and sweetcorn
Lunch for work -2 redwood and salad butties (2 HEB + 2 syns), grapes and apple
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), banana, french fries (4 syns)

I_am_plankton, did you like your Vegg?

Sounds yummy! I loved it, definitely the best egg replacer I've tried, I loved the texture of it as a dippy yolk blended with warm water. Will be experimenting with it in future for more complex dishes and I really need to invest in the cookbook once money's not so tight :-D
When you scramble it, do you use that alone or do you do scrambled tofu with it added?

Sounds yummy! I loved it, definitely the best egg replacer I've tried, I loved the texture of it as a dippy yolk blended with warm water. Will be experimenting with it in future for more complex dishes and I really need to invest in the cookbook once money's not so tight :-D
When you scramble it, do you use that alone or do you do scrambled tofu with it added?
I scrambled it with tofu so it had the texture and taste of nearly an egg. Last week when I made bread and butter pudding I use the Vegg and No Egg in it, it seemed to work well because you got the taste and it set. I usually google for recipes as it's free :) x x

Ooo I will have to find some of this stuff sounds ace! !

Today
Blueberry bagel 11.5 syn & grapes

Flat mushroom burger with tomato relish (1) and houmous (1.5) wholemeal roll

Blackberries orange water coffee

Studied most of thd night same today and tonight so unsure if I'll have dinner if working.

If I do : tagliatelle and Passsta

Got some strong cheese sheesly .. might pop some on burger. 4.5 syn per 25g very high. . Unsure if will use

Xx

Thanks for the tips Tace, it's these little swaps that make sticking to SW and being Vegan much easier.

Rebekah - with the vegan cheese, it can be counted as a HEB choice to save your syns in future :) Although it can be a bit of a pain if you want two other choices instead (I've gone to having free sandwich fillings so i can still have 2 filling HEB choices, and then save my cheese mostly for the weekend)

Ooo this is great news thanks :)

Quite happy to use a hexb for cheese! !! Jumbo flat mushroom with cheese and relish ahoy!

I totally agree with you i_am_plankton, I think if I had just gone to group and found this site I might have struggled with SW and being vegan I've got so many ideas from here:)

My food for today
Breakfast - quinoa & couscous porridge (1/2 HEA), frozen berries, 1/2 banana and alpro yogurt (2 syns)
Tea - chargrilled veg & beans in tomato sauce (1 syns) with bulgur wheat, peas and sweetcorn and garlic roasted aubergine
Lunch for work- 2 redwood and salad wholemeal rolls (2 HEB + 2 syns), strawberries and grapes
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), banana, apple

View attachment Leeds-20130721-00307.jpg

Total syns 53/75

Last edited:
The jumbo mushroom ended up topped with houmous and relish was amazing

1374472771649.jpg

Today. .
X2 chewy bar
Soya frappe 5 syn
Pasta & onion & mushroom & passata

Tea : oranges, coffee maybe wholemeal roll (youngest birthday tea.. so will avoid eating ...cake not on my menu lol)

Xxx

Your mushrooms look awesome Rebekah :)

My food for today

Breakfast - 2 LM sausages, tomatoes & mushrooms, grilled tomato, spaghetti hoops and scrambled Vegg (1 syn)

Tea - chargrilled veg (1.5 syns) & mixed beans in tomato sauce, roasted courgettes and bulgur wheat with peas & sweetcorn
Lunch for work - 2 homemade sweet chilli hummus & tomato butties (2 HEB + 1/2 syn), strawberries, apple
Snacks - protein shake (HEA + 1 syn), french fries (4 syns)

Back