Green Tea - it's a miracle!!

slimjanine

www.slimjanine.co.uk
I'm very sceptical about all things that claim to help people lose weight - (apart from hard graft dieting and exercise of course!!) However, over the past 2 weeks I've not been eating particularly well but I've lost 2 lbs (and it's totm!) and the only thing I can think of is that about 3 weeks ago I started drinking green tea everyday. I've had about 4 cups a day - mainly the tetley decaf variety (but I did a lot of research and the tetley decaf version still has majority of the important ingredients retained) and the claim that it helps weightloss by increasing the metabolism, I now believe to be absolutely true! Why not give it a go - you've nothing to lose, it's extremely good for you, as it's full of antioxidants and certainly appears to be helping me shift a few pounds!:)

As far as I can see it should be okay on all diets - especially the caffeine free version - it should just add to your water intake - I find it easier to drink than cold water!

I buy it from Asda's or Waitrose, but I'm sure all supermarkets would have it - it's in a cylinder tin - 25 bags per tin. As per my research it's the process used for decaffeinating that is important (there are 2 methods) and this deterimes how much of the 'good ingredients' get retained. Can't remember now exactly what I read but Tetley's retains over 90% of the 'good' ingredients!

i have about three boxes in my cupboard cos i drink that much of it.. lol.. Im going to turn into a green tea bag..

x x x

A few different kinds.. tetley.. erm.. ooh man.. twinnings.. and asdas own.. hehe..
i also have green and mint tea (together).. peppermint tea.
I love tea.. hehe.. im a coffee fiend as well.. lol

x x x

We got the diet green tea maifan from the chinese supermarket. They also of course do oolong diet tea but that is too strong for me.
Murph.......is one with lemon in ok? There is more sugar in a lemon than strawberry you know ( so my husband says!)

Chinese supermarkets are the cheapest and they have loads of choice too...and lovely pictures on the boxes!

green tea is great but I find if I have it on an empty stomach it makes me feel a bit sick. It does work especially if u have eaten something fatty or stodgy , 2 cups later and u feel less bloated

this sounds great , i am going to try and switch from normal tea to green tea , that way im not using milk or sugar and the taste is great , ill also cut down on coffee , ive already cut sugar out of my diet and im finding that part easy

my mum always tells me how green tea is 'so good for u' she bought me a box wen she came down to visit and i was yet to open it....until i saw this thread!!

i didnt even have to get off my arse to make it!.... im sat at the kitchen side right by the cupboard with the tea and mugs in it and a kettle with water still in it! im gona drink it religiously for the next week....my weight loss has plateaued so im helping this will help....i'll get back to u with the verdict!

I found Luxury Kenyan Loose Leaf green tea on ebay. I put it in the perculator cos I haven't a teapot and brew it on the stove, it's really lovely. Best I have ever tasted.

I'd heard about green tea too but this thread convinced me that it's worth trying - i just wished i liked the taste a bit more:sigh:
Still, i find it's ok if i drink it when it's still really hot because then it doesn't taste of too much - you're all so lucky people who like the stuff! ;)
Daisy
x

Back