Green Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
was never too keen on green tea before but i love the pineapple and grapefruit twinings one so if you are new to the world of green tea i can recommend that one! need to look out for the apple and pear one you guys are on about!

X

thanks ill try the fruity ones. I take it even the fruity ones still have the same benifits as the normal plain one?

How long do you guys brew it for before you remove the bag?

If you don't like the green tea with lemon... Plain green tea with a wedge of lemon is yummy!! I have 2 cups of that in the morning to wake me up... Dont know about everyone else but i leave the bag in for 3 mins xx

If you don't like the green tea with lemon... Plain green tea with a wedge of lemon is yummy!! I have 2 cups of that in the morning to wake me up... Dont know about everyone else but i leave the bag in for 3 mins xx

thank you hun, I shall get some of the normal stuff & some fruity ones but ill brew it longer as well. ;)

The Apple and Pear Twinings is gorgeous... really recommend that!! Also if u let them cool down and serve them with ice.. thats really refreshing xx

Just a quick word of warning.....
I love green tea and drink about 5 cups a day - however - (it might just be me), but if I let the tea brew it makes me sick.
I can only dunk in the bag for a max of 30 seconds - I'm much better with loose tea.

Hope this doesn't put anyone off!!
x

The Apple and Pear Twinings is gorgeous... really recommend that!! Also if u let them cool down and serve them with ice.. thats really refreshing xx

ill give the apple & pear one a go then & thanks for the tip, that sounds really refreshing for summer.....wonder what it would tasked like with a vodka in it :D

Just a quick one regarding my last post - done a little research - seems as though I am not alone....advice is to not drink it on an empty stomach and also switch brands if being sick starts happening to you.

...learn something new every day!!!!....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all these awesome tips, will have to add some other green teas to my shopping list this week :D

I'm just enjoying my peppermint green tea right now ;)

I going to get a box of the mixed twinings ones tomorrow.... I tried green tea once and HATED it. However, after reading this thread I think it was a combination of the brand (asda), the water being too hot and maybe how long I left the bad in for. I don't like herbal teas without sugar in. Does anyone add sweetener to their green tea or does the fruit blend make it sweet enough on its own?

I wouldnt personally put sugar or sweetner in green tea... I think that kind of defeats the object actually.. The flavoured ones taste fine as they are... I like clipper, twinings and tetley.. all nice and reasonably priced.. I have my WI on thurs soooo will see if this week has made any difference... i have had 5-6 cups a day but usually have 3-4 anyway so may not make a difference for me :D:D

Right, I now have the mixed twinings box. I will try 5 a day and re-post on this thread next week....

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm loving the green tea with mint but experiments since then are proving revolting :rotflmao: The vanilla one was nasty and the peach one was quite disgusting! Luckily I only bought little trial packs of 10 teabags so I'm not wasting heaps but I think I might abandon this project and stick to the mint one which I love :D .... having said that I'll probably forget these wise words and come shopping day will be back thinking "ooooh that sounds nice...."

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm loving the green tea with mint but experiments since then are proving revolting :rotflmao: The vanilla one was nasty and the peach one was quite disgusting! Luckily I only bought little trial packs of 10 teabags so I'm not wasting heaps but I think I might abandon this project and stick to the mint one which I love :D .... having said that I'll probably forget these wise words and come shopping day will be back thinking "ooooh that sounds nice...."

I'm with you on this one lol, have tried others but it's not got on too well with them ;) so I think I will stick to the mint one aswell. I do love it :D

The only one I really really love is the Clipper green tea with lemon- it's so citrusy it's more like natural lemon tea than green tea-it's got a real zing to it!!X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back