Green tea

LadyJo

Silver Member
Hi all

I've decided to give green tea a go. Heard lots of benefits as well as the weight loss benefits. Had my first cup today and it was vile and had some other not very nice side effects :/
I'm not a tea or coffee drinker so it's even harder to adjust to the taste but I want to stick with it and not waste the tea bags.
Any tips on what to add to make it better? I've seen lemon slices. But not seen anything else.

Look forward to your tips or green tea stories!!!

I find it easier to swallow once its cooled down but my favourite at the moment is hot water an lemon. Actually, I reckon a slice of hot water will make green tea taste half decent xxx

LadyJo said:
Hi all

I've decided to give green tea a go. Heard lots of benefits as well as the weight loss benefits. Had my first cup today and it was vile and had some other not very nice side effects :/
I'm not a tea or coffee drinker so it's even harder to adjust to the taste but I want to stick with it and not waste the tea bags.
Any tips on what to add to make it better? I've seen lemon slices. But not seen anything else.

Look forward to your tips or green tea stories!!!

Disgusting stuff, lol. ;) I don't think it helps weight loss in the slightest, but it's supposed to be high in antioxidants etc. Have you tried any of the flavoured ones? I used to drink one that was pear and apple flavoured, but still couldn't take to it so I switched to a fruit tea (and lots and lots of coffee, lol). :) xx

I add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to mine or Peppermint green tea is nice

It took me a while to get used to it but now it's quite nice

I have lemon in mine too. I lost weight faster in the past but I think its possibly because you drink so much of it, it substitutes the snacking and fills you up either that or you spend so much time going to the loo that you don't have time to go in the food cupboards lol!! x

Glad it's not just me then going every hour!!!

How many cups do u have??? I'm having 2, one after lunch and then one at night....

I've had as many as 5 a day cos I had it in place of tea and coffee but I quite enjoy it if the tea bags not left in too long otherwise u get the bitter taste its nice with mint as you get a nice cooling sensation at the same time. Plus peppermint tea is supposed to be good for your digestive system.

Not green tea but I can highly recommend Pukka 3 Mint Tea. I hated all fruit/flavored tea's until I tried this. Now I have a cup every night before bed.

Yep really watch the brewing time Jo to keep the bitterness away and I'm the same as someone above who prefers it lukewarm rather than scorching hot. I think it is an acquired taste, power through the box of bags you have and you'll probably be used to it, if not liking it, by the end.

It does have caffeine so maybe switch the evening one to afternoon and have a mint tea at night, really soothing and good for digestion. I love love LOVE Sleepytime tea- it can be tricky to find though- it has a bear on the packet- it has peppermint, spearmint and camomile and tastes divine. My Sainsbury stocks it.

Yep really watch the brewing time Jo to keep the bitterness away and I'm the same as someone above who prefers it lukewarm rather than scorching hot. I think it is an acquired taste, power through the box of bags you have and you'll probably be used to it, if not liking it, by the end.

It does have caffeine so maybe switch the evening one to afternoon and have a mint tea at night, really soothing and good for digestion. I love love LOVE Sleepytime tea- it can be tricky to find though- it has a bear on the packet- it has peppermint, spearmint and camomile and tastes divine. My Sainsbury stocks it.

Oooooh sleepy time tea sounds good! I may have to investigate my local sainsburys although its not a massive store so might not be lucky xxx

I definitely have got more used to it, forgot the lemons again but im still going to give it a go to make it more palatable to carry on with it. i do add alot of cold water after its brewed to get it over and done with quicker lol.The mint tea sounds lovely!!! Will definately pop to sainsburys next time I'm near one. Xx

I have never tried the green tea but have mint tea everyday as it helps with a medical condition I have. I wasn't all that fussed to begin with but have got so use to it now I actually miss it if I run out. Can't say its helped me with weightloss though but has other health benefits :)

Dan x

you can buy flavoured green teas if you dont like just plain :) i bought pineapple and mango flavoured yesterday, ive never tried normal green tea so i cant comment on the taste of it but the pineapple one is quite nice :) i seen cranberry, orange etc green tea in tescos yday x

i have so much fruit tea, but i definitely recommend green tea with lemon, i'm not a fan of it plain either :/

I am used to it, but like someone else said i don't let the water boil, I add a bit of manuka honey sometimes :) xxx

Back