Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

Thats ace news honey and as 1200 is still very low calorie so your weight loss should speed up a little but even at a pound a week it would only take you 10 weeks and thats not bad at all, keep up the good work and you will be there in no time xxxx

Well done on the 1 lb loss. At least you can enjoy some yummy foods on 1200kcal and still lose weight. Keep going.

Still desperately trying to sort out what I really want with my weight.... think I finally have it sussed. I went on holiday last week, took my CD stuff but only had a bar all week and never had anything else. I managed to eat healthily and not really put on any weight, had WI today and I had lost 1lb, so obviously did something right. Well because of this I have decided to finish CD as such although I have still got bars and shakes to use and I may get some more bars from CDC next week. Next week will be the last time I see my CDC as I was going to have finished working up the plans anyway, and she is going to weigh me once a month to check I am maintaining. Therefore, I would still like to lose the extra 9lb that I now have to lose, but intend to do it slowly and by eating healthily. At the moment during the school holidays I am doubly busy and am not particularly motivated to lose this extra weight. So plan:- eat healthily using CD products when I feel the need and either maintain or lose the extra weight slowly. I will continue to weigh daily to make sure I am not putting weight on, especially if I am unhappy with what I have eaten on any particular day. This way I will hopefully learn what my body is happy with eating and what it isn't. I will post my menus on here every day to try and help me stay on the straight and narrow and starting next Monday I will be adding some form of exercise to my day every day. I have a multi gym, crosstrainer and power plates, plus the Wii fit and wii fitness coach, so no excuses other than laziness. Even if I only challenge the little boys to some Wii fit then it will be better than nothing. So that is the plan and I feel very happy with it, more happy than I have been feeling lately.

I hope this new plan works for you green eyes, I look forward to reading how you go with it all in your diary, as I think that will be one of my steps when I am travelling.

Sounds a great and sensible plan to me Linda - good for you.

Sorry hon, just catching up on your thread after some very wobbly days. If offer is still open to chum those last few lbs, I am in. If you would rather not have the pressure, that is fine too! You seem so sensible and settled in your eating and I do admire that.
Good luck either way!

xxx

Hi Katy, I have joined Laura's challenge and am aiming to lose 4lb before end of August, maybe worth you signing up for similar as an incentive to lose the weight, I really need an incentive at the moment. Like KD said recently (somewhere on the boards), once you look good you need another incentive to make you stick to losing weight and I dont actually have one, so am struggling...

Anyway, today I have had muesli and skimmed milk for breakfast all weighed out, for lunch I had salad and a choc mint mixamousse and for dinner I had 1 slice of seedy bread and some baked beans, plus I didn't resist the scones and had 1 scone and jam I made yesterday, but the jam only has half the sugar of normal jam and the scones I made with low fat yoghurt instead of milk, so did try making them lower calorie... anyway, I managed to only have the one, so I think I probably come in under calories today. Will weigh myself tomorrow and see what is happening, I will also try to be really good tomorrow, I have drunk quite a lot of tea today to try and fill myself up. Am a bit worried as went to Doctors today as I had a cholesterol test a couple of weeks ago and she wanted to see me, but my cholesterol was only 5.8 which wasn't too high, but she said my kidneys are under strain and I am wondering if it was all the water I was drinking whilst on this diet, so am now wary about drinking too much. I need to have another test cholesterol and kidneys in 6 months time after being away from Cambridge for a while.
I have also noticed that I struggled to move from 11 stone 2 to the 10s and seem to be having the same struggle from 10 stone 2 to the 9s, have hovered around this weight for nearly a month. I reached stone 4lb on 14 July and have gone up and down around this weight ever since.... need to crack it, so have joined Laura's challenge and hope to lose 4lb before end of August to get me into the 9s......

Have been walking a lot more than normal over the last 2 days and expect to also do some walking over the weekend. Then Monday I will start my exercise regime and hopefully this will help me to lose weight... have yet to plan it though... lol

Sounds like a plan... will go check it out.

xxx

Interesting (for want of a better word) about the call from the GP. Did you have any kidney problems before?

May also be worth giving Cambridge a call to see if they can give you any further insight.

Good luck with the exercise plan! :) x

Well even after t hat scone and jam yesterday, the scales have dropped today, now weight 10stone 1lb, so heading in the right direction. Need to sort out some craft stuff for a car boot sale this morning, then hoping to go geocaching this afternoon so walking for exercise today. Will have Muesli and skimmed milk for breakfast, salad and CD bar for lunch, and am making a pasta dish for dinner plus Apricot and Almond muffins, so will have one of those. Will fill up on tea and water if need be....

Well even after t hat scone and jam yesterday, the scales have dropped today, now weight 10stone 1lb, so heading in the right direction.
Your post has got me thinking and if you want me to go away, please say so ;)

I was just reading again about what KD said on the leeway thread and wondered if this is the kind of thinking we need to be careful of. I.e. just because the scales dropped, it doesn't mean we don't need to cut back if we indulged yesterday.

Now I realise that you only had one scone with jam and cream so hardly an extravaganza.. it just made me think as I know I used to do the same.

Hi Laura, I see where you are coming from but I didn't actually have cream with my scone, I made the scone lower fat by using low fat yoghurt instead of full milk and also the jam is half the sugar of normal jam, I also cut my portion of dinner down so that I could have the jam, and I made sure I had no snacks during the day, so actually took into account the scone and jam before I ate it. I would definately not have eaten a scone I had bought in tesco as I am sure they are quite high in calories and definately no cream, do really I cut down my intake to accomodate my scone and jam and by the scales going down it means I managed to cut out the right amount of other stuff so I could have a little indulgence. I think it would be quite a dangerous thought to have eaten something indulgent alongside everything else you would normally have eaten and then realise you had lost weight, could definately give you the wrong idea of what you can eat and get away with... Thank you for your thoughts though.

Muffin was really yummy, not particularly keen on nuts but I dont mind almonds, guess this muffin may have been a bit indulgent though as I also made pepper and pesto bread and had 1 slice of that too, I nearly didn't eat the muffin but gave in later with a cup of tea... if the scales go up tomorrow I will know that I cannot eat bread and muffin in 1 day... dinner was actually pasta provencale which was pasta, little plum tomatoes, courgettes, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and olives, so not too bad there calorie wise. Tomorrow I am making carrot cake, not sure if I will indulge in that, I am thinking of giving it a miss as having chicken fajitas for dinner so tortilla wrap will be quite high cal...
Hope you had a good day too Laura, was going to go on 4 mile walk, but when we got to where we were going I didn't feel too good, had headache and my tummy felt very heavy so we started the walk but gave up as it was too hot...

Hey Linda,
You sound like a really good cook....... making all these cakes, muffins etc.. My mouth is watering reading about them..
I love chicken fahitas too.......
Hope you enjoy xxx

Well scales headed slightly down today, so still going in the right direction. Sundays are hard for me as have son and his girlfriend round for dinner on those days and he isn't the most healthiest of boys, so did the chicken fajitas, bulked it out with loads of peppers and red onion and made my own fajita mix with chilli powder, ground cumin and ground coriander, although maybe I need a milder chilli powder next time, it was quite hot today... lol. We then had carrot cake for church which I managed to cook before church this morning and I sandwiched it together just before dinner but my icing turned too runny... ha ha, so I sandwiched the 2 cakes together best as I could and then poured the icing over the top. Icing made with very low fat cream cheese, half a lemon juiced and half an orange juiced and 3 tbsp honey, which is natural and made by a lady round the corner from us. The carrot cake had loads of carrots, but did also have flour, sugar and marg, but only had a small bit and frosting wasn't too high cal, it was really yummy.... did succumb to 2 fajitas though, but did also have salad with no dressing. For breakfast had muesli and skimmed milk, so all in all I have kept within my calories. May just have a CD bar for tea...

Carrot cake - *drools*

You know one thing you really need to congratulate yourself on is that you are eating these foods in controlled amounts. You aren't using them as an excuse to go overboard, you have no need to label them as 'bad' and you are just taking it all in your stride, or so it seems.

Really well done!

Back