Ground Cinnamon

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I like to sprinkle ground cinnamon on my shakes (especially hot chocolate) and mix a bit into my black coffee too. I'm assuming this isn't a problem, but I just thought I'd ask the question just in case any counsellors might be perusing the forum today! Will this mess up my diet or is it OK?

I have seen a similar question posted in the past, & the answer was that cinnamon was OK... so i use it on porridge. I think it's fine, but hopefully a CDC can confirm?
xx

I am also interested to know this.
mmmm banana shake with cinnamon.... droooooools

I'd like to know the answer to this as well as, chilli powder, cumin etc. anything to add a bit of umph to the soups. lol

Cinnamon is totally ok, in moderation. I add it to my porridge, hadn't thought of adding it to shakes though. Hmmmm, might have to try a spinkle on my chocolate tomorrow.
Thanks for that! :)
Bingbong

Can we have nutmeg? I added a little grated nutmeg to my vanilla shake which i had warm the other night and it was amazing.

This is encouraging - how about cayenne pepper? (I like it in soups!)

Thanks for this thread -am now going to try nutmeg in warm vanilla shake and cinnamon in chocolate! :)

Just to confirm, you can add pepper, chilli powder, 1g curry powder or mixed herbs ( preferably fresh, but if dried, check ingredients ) to soups.

You can add cinnamon or nutmeg to the porridge and shakes.

CAROLYN x

Yippee! :p So what we're saying then is - spices are OK! :D

i used lots of spices when i was doing cd a few months ago, my losses were always good, did it for 3 months and never less than 5lb loss so can't be too bad i shouldn't think, as long as you don't use any salt.

(Can we have nutmeg? I added a little grated nutmeg to my vanilla shake which i had warm the other night and it was amazing. )

Hey Twingo31
Can I ask, to make your shakes warm, do you still shake them in the shaker? x
Thanks
Lydia xx

What sweet flavours has everyone added cinnamon to and whats the general verdict on best flavours to do it with?! xx

I don't shake anything in the shaker as I think it's a bit rubbish - I just use it for measuring and blending in (nice high sides). I have my water very hot for shakes and soups (hate warm, yuck!). I've only tried cinnamon in the choccie and coffee shakes and it's lovely in all those (I also sprinkled a bit on a banana mousse today and that was nice too). I haven't tried nutmeg yet but will do. I also put a little bit of cinnamon in my black coffee sometimes - gives it a nice unusual flavour. (You have to ring the changes on a restrictive diet like this! :))

Back