Group Biggest Loser Competition Anyone?

fiona78

Gold Member
We did it on the Pink Site last year and as there are lots of restarters and newbies here at the moment (me included!), I thought it may be fun and a way to keep on track!

We had two teams, The Pink Ladies and The Drama Queens and each week members of the teams submit their weight to their captains, who then weekly post the results to see which team has the best losses!
It’s just a bit of fun and I wondered if anyone would be interested?

Oh yeah!!! I remember that :D It was quite good fun and we all became quite competitive...I also remember that it was a bit of a b*****r to organise as people weren't submitting their weights when things went a little askew!!!

I can see how it could really help some people, especially if the fixed term isn't too long... say about 6-8 weeks. I won't be able to join you though as competition of this sort doesn't really work for me!!! ;) However, if you need an independent adjudicator I'd be happy to help!!

Ooooh, yes, I remember this!!!!! :D I agree with Diva - can be a fabulous incentive for those who want it, and works well for people who have that competitive spirit! :clap: I won't be joining (things like this screw with my brain :p ) but am happy to be a captain and collate weights if wanted....

I'm in if it's only 6-8 weeks, as I hope to be at goal by then! (oohhhh that sounds weird typing that!)

Great incentive. yay.
xx

Oooh doesn't leave much time for organising!!! :eek: Need to decide whether it's a team effort or individual - let's hope people sign up and then things can get moving!! Also need to figure out how to report weigh ins, etc :)

Sounds like its all coming together....how about we introduce a cut-off time for registering your interest, divide the 'entrants' into teams, appoint the necessary number of captains (one per team) and then it is the Captain's job to collate the weights and report the numbers each week on a set day (to be agreed)

As I said before, I don't mind being a Captain but won't be participating so that makes me impartial...maybe DQ and I as "impartials" can be the Captains.

What say you? ;)

i love challenges like this so put me down will lose so the team wins lol
dont want to put my start weight on here but will pm it to team captain and then my weekly losses can be displayed as you need

Let's say the cut-off time is midday tomorrow (1st Jan) and the first week results will be from Wed 2nd January to Tuesday 8th Jan - therefore, any weigh-ins during that period will be taken into account but only ONE weigh-in per participant.

Results will be posted on the Biggest Loser Competition Thread on Wednesday 9th January.

So far, there are two teams with 2 participants each....c'mon make your goals real and sign up for the challenge! :)

Ok Count me in

oooo i'l join in too might keep me on track for longer than 2 weeks hehe

It's looking good, so far we've got....

* Fiona78
* Wannalose8stone
* Slimforlive
* Mandye
* Hedgemag
* Redpam
* Westiegirl (late start)
* Ninababes

Back