• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Guacamole & houmus

Likes cheese
Google gave about 6 different answers Guacamole so I can't work out a general concensus. I was thinking of swapping Mayonnaise for Guacamole as I start slimming world, but it actually seems from some of the answers that I've seen that it's actually higher than mayonnaise! I was thinking of using carrot sticks and something to dip them in as a grazing food, but I dunno if it's gonna work if it's that high! Can anyone supply a definitive answer for these two?
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

I'm slightly confused by your post as you seem to be asking about hummus and guacamole and then start talking about mayonnaise .

On slimming world you could make a SYN free hummus recipe which would be free on a green day or EE Day:-

1 tin Chick Peas, drain but reserve some juice, juice of 1 lemon, 1 Garlic clove, Salt, Paprika, Garlic Powder , Frylight

Whizz drained chick peas, a little chick pea liquid, lemon juice & Garlic in a food processor until smooth

Add salt, paprika & garlic powder to taste

Add a few sprays of frylight & blitz. Refrigerate

Guacamole is high in SYNS because it is made with avocado. You could try making a lower SYN version - but I have yet to find a recipe low enough in SYNS for me

Mayonnaise - Hellmans make an extra light one ; 2 Tblsp = 1 SYN

There are other sauce recipes on here low in syns eg Garlic Mayo

You could try Greek Yog or similar?

I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Likes cheese
The reason I mentioned Mayonnaise was because I was looking at Guacamole as a replacement dipping food. Seems like that would be a bad idea then! What is it about Avacodos that makes them particularly unhealthy then? They seem to be the only veg item that isn't that good for you. I like the sound of that syn free hummus so I'll definitely try making that. Greek yoghurt sounds like a good idea too, I hadn't thought of that at all. Thanks for the help :)

Strutting her stuff
Avocado is good for you but not if you are trying to lose weight as they are high in fat. About 75% of the calories in an average avocado comes from fat and so they are 14/15 syns on slimming world.

Paleo maintenance rocks!
I think I saw a recipe on Slimming Eats for guacamole made from peas. I'm on my phone so can't link but if you google 'slimming eats guacamole' I reckon it will come up. I haven't tried it myself as I syn half an avocado every week but the recipes on that site that I've tried have all been good. She also has a recipe for sweet potato hummus that is yummy. :)