gudetama's jogging diary

gudetama

I am trying to jog every day this month.

I am a C25K graduate starting the programme from scratch as of 1st March. So far I am 3/3 and today will be attempting Week 2 Run 1.

I am not really expecting many comments on this diary, it is more for personal use to try and keep myself accountable, though anyone feel free to come kick my ass if I'm slacking.

Obviously I know most people recommend at least one rest day a week. However given my circumstances (young and perfectly fit other than being overweight), and the gentle way c25k eases you in, I feel every day is ok for me. If at some point I feel like a rest day is needed I will take one. 😛

6/6! Another rainy run today! And skipped W2R3 and went straight to W3R1. Mostly because I find it a lot easier psychologically to have less periods of running - week 2 has 7 and week 3 only has 4. Feels like it's going a lot quicker when I can already tell myself 'just 3 runs left' after run 1, though doubling the length of two runs to 3 minutes was slightly challenging - manageable though.

Wanted the run to be over ASAP today as it's soooo cold and windy at the moment. Overall I'm feeling good though - maybe it's in my head but I already feel fitter and more energetic in every day life. Nearly a week of jogging already - go me!

7:7!

In the rain again today, and on the first day of my period. Feeling proud! W3R2 today and the 3 minute run definitely felt easier than yesterday.

Thanks guys :)

8/8 done. Next run will be moving onto week 4 - longest jog increases to 5 minutes but I feel ready. No rain today but v cold - fell over and bruised my knee, I'm such a clutz. Just got up and walked it off before finishing the running though.

Well... 8/9.

First day missed, but after 8 days straight of jogging I'm not going to beat myself up - had perfectly valid reasons for not going and will be back out there tonight.☺️

9/10

Got out there today! Knee pain wasn't too bad, throat felt very dry though as the air quality is bad today. W4R1 today - 5 min runs were very tiring, but I (albeit very slowly) did them!! Bit scary to think that if I carry on running almost every day I will be facing a 20 minute straight run next week! 😱

10/11 ohhhh my calves are sore!! Will see how I feel tomorrow afternoon, still planning another jog as it stands.

13/14 DONE. The 8 minute runs didn't tire me out, but my god could I feel it in my calves. Thinking about what to do tomorrow - meant to be 20 minutes straight running. Don't think I'll take a day off but may not do the 20 minutes run - maybe will repeat today's instead.

The pain in my calves goes very quickly one I've stopped running, but it's horrible to run with. Could probably do with a rest but I'm so into my groove at the moment that I don't want to stop! Will start running tomorrow and see how it goes, maybe have another rest day this weekend.

13/15. Calves are still sore, so have decided to have another rest day today before attempting the 20 minute run tomorrow. Hopefully the rest and the fresh legs tomorrow will help me push myself and run the 20 mins!

15/17.

Twenty minute run yesterday. I am having a problem with pain whilst running. No problem with my breathing, I hardly get out of breathe anymore even when doing 20 mins, but my legs hurt a lot. Today was shorter interval jogs and I had the same issue - been having the same issue a while now, and not sure what to do.

I wonder if I'm just running too much and it's as simple as that? I mean, the app and most running things online do recommend a rest day following a run... it just concerns me because, as I mentioned, I have done this programme before and I really don't remember having this pain issue last time.

The pain does go away pretty quickly once I've stopped running, but the last couple of days my legs haven't felt quite right even during The day. I don't exactly feel pain in them during the day, don't know how to describe it.

Anyway, enough blabbing. It's meant to rain all day and night tomorrow so not sure if I'll go out. I have a bit of a cold (probably from jogging in the cold/rain at the start of the month), but I just had a rest day so I would prefer to jog really.

Thanks Mary! It is a little tough for me at times, because I am someone who knows that if I let it drop a couple of days that's it, I won't get back into it.

Am now 17/19. Today was meant to be the dreaded 25 minute run - didn't wocit but I did 17 minutes total running with walking breaks. As long as I'm doing some running I'm not going to beat myself up. Getting out there and being active is the number one goal!

Calf pain wasn't bad at all yesterday - a little worse today, even though my runs were shorter than yesterday's. At the moment it's still a concern in the back of my head.

Hi there

I started running last summer building up slowly doing run/walk /run etc.

At the start of this year I started increasingly my distances from 5k to 4 miles, 5 miles and then 7 miles but then started having knee problems which caused me to take 2 weeks off and set me right back.

This led me to do some research about how to stay injury free and it turns out that the golden rule is to never increase more than 10% per week.

So my advice is take a step back and don't push yourself too hard. Build up slowly.

This is a useful article.https://www.runnersworld.com/the-starting-line/start-running

Good luck and stay fit 😁

Thanks ponytales. On that note I haven't actually jogged the last two days (so now 17/21), but I have done exercise at home instead. A 30 minute workout from YouTube yesterday, and a 20 minute yoga video + 10 minute low impact cardio video today.

I was actually planning to jog today (yesterday I decided to have a break cos it was so cold and raining), but then I put all my sports bras in the wash by accident this afternoon. I figure as long as I'm doing something and moving in ok, though I would be really happy with myself if I could jog the rest of the month now.

Ponytales, I will definitely be heeding your advice. Will repeat some of my previous runs over the next week rather than attempt the 25 minutes I think. May attempt that next week or at the start of April. Since I have been running almost every day, I have been getting through C25k quite quickly and probably adding more than 10%/week. I have already done a 20 minute run survive week 5, so may stick to 10+10 mins and 20 min runs for a while.

Going to have a look at that link now whilst I dry my hair. Big thanks!

Right, haven't posted for a few days but I haven't given up. Am starting to lose track of the running so the counter is going to stop. I know since I last posted I have had one full rest day which was Friday. Thursday I think I jogged (if not I did a video workout) and I was jogging yesterday.

Today I did a low impact cardio workout. Definitely enjoying mixing it up a bit, and yesterday's run (10 min + 10 min) felt good. Still some pain in the calves, but when Jo Whiley told me there was one minute lef, I really felt able to push myself and really run for that final minute.

Going to keep doing 10 + 10 min runs this week, try and run at least every other day. When I don't run I will do some kind of cardio workout from YouTube. I like low impact as (as I keep on mentioning) I can really feel the running on my legs.

Back