Gunpowd3r and my partner's weight loss diary

Wow fab results and so fast too, it's results like that which keep us going it's the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel :)

Im expecting my college uniform to be more like a tent after this half term :)

hope you are feeling better today, keep with it you are both doing great! Its such a great feeling when your clothes start fitting better. This has reminded me to go and pick a dress out and use it as motivation. I hang it on front of the wardrobe and keep trying it on until it fits ( and it will in No time with s&s)

Hello everyone:D

Day 10 yesterday was an odd one.....we went to britains got talent auditions as audience in Birmingham so set off early and as i knew there was going to be food there to tempt us i cheated and did a low carb meal for breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with grilled bacon medalions(30 cals per slice )no carbs but very filling and satisfying as i thought rather that than cakes,meals etc.

Ok when we got there Virgin is sponsering it this year and gave customers a £5 food voucher each for Starbucks(arghhh)lol but can be used for coffee's too.

we were told to come back around 2.15pm to be seated(this was at 11am) so we had a wander around, went to look at sealife centre but it was packed with kids and too busy would have took forever so we wandered about past all the eating quarter full of our fave resaurants(usually we would have a lovely meal then have a coffe some cake etc) walked around to burn cals lmao then headed back to get a coffee..luckily for us Starbucks does a skinny caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup so we had one each...lovely no infact gorgeous lol then went outside to see the judges..

2 hours of waiting we were right at the door and we met, David walliams, OH shook Dec's hand, met Alesha and Amanda and Simon,OH got his pic took with Alesha,David and Simon who spoke to us was star struck for rest of day lmao!!!

We had an Atkins shake around 5pm (it was ranker than rank)!!! we were hungry then as everyone was tucking into crisps and sandwhiches and all the cakes in Starbucks damn it lol.

Had another caramel macchiato as our treat then headed home at 7.30pm when it was over.

I only had chicken for dinner as i wasn't hungry:eek:

Yesterday i technically only had 1 pack but did have a proper brekkie and 100g chicken.

OH had the brekkie, then the Atkins shake, then chilli with chicken, so he was naughty too!!!!!

Still in ketosis(thank god as the second coffe the girl made big ffs and was so lovely we drunk it ooops).

And thankfully have STS with the extra calories form the bacon.

OH so far has lost --15lbs
Me--10lbs

Drink water like there is no tomorrow and will be good and have my 3 packs today with chicken stir fry ;)

I don't like going off plan like that but i thought eggs and bacon was the better of two evils and if we didn't have it we might have caved as i am not joking everyone around us was eating cheese n onion crisps, we were offered cake several times and the sandwhiches in Starbucks looked lush plus they do mine and OH favey cakey ahhhhh....Atkins we had no option there would have been no where to make shake and the amount of ppl no way i was doing it in front of them!!!

Hope everybody else is doing well today :D

Brilliant losses with the weigh-in's this morning so good to see ppl dropping :D

You did really well, it's all about adapting the rules of the diet for your trips/days out. Technically you did low carb and you're still in ketosis too. I think you did really well, especially having all the temptation around you. Keep it up and the pounds will just fall right off!! xx

Thank you Tara....it was harder for OH he really fancied coffee and cake, i just looked at how tiny Amanda was and thought nooo way lmao.

The amount of big young girls there was shocking though :( eating cakes and crisps and burgers etc, funny on this diet you seem to take a step back and notice what ppl all around you are eating(maybe it's just me lol) even young kids were stuffing their faces with cakes never even seen a bit of fruit!

Yeah it does make you think, I know people who live on junk food, cakes, crisps, chocolate, takeaways etc and some of them are skinny, my cousin being one of them. She also smokes 20 a day and drinks alot too, her blood pressure is through the roof, but because shes skinny no one is bothered. They wouldn't look at her and assume shes filling her body with crap. Anyway... back to the point, yes I noticed when I was shopping yesterday the amount of 'obese' people. very young people too. As we were saying before, it's a shame how things have turned out like this, the convenience and excess culture we live in. They say the healthiest elderly people were brought up during the 30s - 40s, my grandads generation, who are seeing good life expectancies, a time where overeating and overindulging wasn't as wide spread or socially acceptable as is it today, not to mention that possible, with rationing etc. I'd be suprised if my generation live as long on average.

Hello everyone:D

Day 10 yesterday was an odd one.....we went to britains got talent auditions as audience in Birmingham so set off early and as i knew there was going to be food there to tempt us i cheated and did a low carb meal for breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with grilled bacon medalions(30 cals per slice )no carbs but very filling and satisfying as i thought rather that than cakes,meals etc.

Ok when we got there Virgin is sponsering it this year and gave customers a £5 food voucher each for Starbucks(arghhh)lol but can be used for coffee's too.

we were told to come back around 2.15pm to be seated(this was at 11am) so we had a wander around, went to look at sealife centre but it was packed with kids and too busy would have took forever so we wandered about past all the eating quarter full of our fave resaurants(usually we would have a lovely meal then have a coffe some cake etc) walked around to burn cals lmao then headed back to get a coffee..luckily for us Starbucks does a skinny caramel macchiato with sugar free syrup so we had one each...lovely no infact gorgeous lol then went outside to see the judges..

2 hours of waiting we were right at the door and we met, David walliams, OH shook Dec's hand, met Alesha and Amanda and Simon,OH got his pic took with Alesha,David and Simon who spoke to us was star struck for rest of day lmao!!!

We had an Atkins shake around 5pm (it was ranker than rank)!!! we were hungry then as everyone was tucking into crisps and sandwhiches and all the cakes in Starbucks damn it lol.

Had another caramel macchiato as our treat then headed home at 7.30pm when it was over.

I only had chicken for dinner as i wasn't hungry:eek:

Yesterday i technically only had 1 pack but did have a proper brekkie and 100g chicken.

OH had the brekkie, then the Atkins shake, then chilli with chicken, so he was naughty too!!!!!

Still in ketosis(thank god as the second coffe the girl made big ffs and was so lovely we drunk it ooops).

And thankfully have STS with the extra calories form the bacon.

OH so far has lost --15lbs
Me--10lbs

Drink water like there is no tomorrow and will be good and have my 3 packs today with chicken stir fry ;)

I don't like going off plan like that but i thought eggs and bacon was the better of two evils and if we didn't have it we might have caved as i am not joking everyone around us was eating cheese n onion crisps, we were offered cake several times and the sandwhiches in Starbucks looked lush plus they do mine and OH favey cakey ahhhhh....Atkins we had no option there would have been no where to make shake and the amount of ppl no way i was doing it in front of them!!!

Hope everybody else is doing well today :D

Brilliant losses with the weigh-in's this morning so good to see ppl dropping :D

Wow what a busy day and well done for resisting all them things in starbucks!!

I'm a little confused... Why did the egg and bacon not take you out of ketosis? I thought anything outside the diet takes you out..?? xx

Can we have eggs and bacon?????

I dont think we can have it lol think if we kept having that it would seriously affect our loss's, gunpowders done it as a one off.. im just curious how it didnt kick her and her hubby out of ketosis xx

Well i know that eggs are full of protein and bacon providing you remove the fat! they are both aloud on atkins so i wonder if thats why it hasnt, i dont know though that could be wrong! i'll just eat what it says on the sheet 100% thats the safest way for me!

Yep! Its good to know though if it doesnt kick you out of ketosis! xx

Yeah you're right, it's an atkins friendly meal, so it will keep you in ketosis f you have it. Same applies for chicken/steak and some veg's. But as a one off, otherwise losses will suffer. xx

Well you learn something new everyday :D
And heres me pertified of having the smallest taste EVER of my sons food to check its not too hot before i give it him lol xx

just wanted to say thankyou for my lovely welcome from you, i am slowly working my way through some diarys on here and will be taking a peak at yours too for tips, hopefully catch up soon , x

Just catching up on some of the diaries as I've got behind with so many on the go now :).

Any low carbohydrate diet will put you in ketosis. Atkins is low carb so puts you in ketosis but Atkins (I think - never done it) doesn't limit fat or quantity of protein so you can consume many more calories than on a VLCD but still be in ketosis. A VLCD keeps the carbs to a level that will put you in ketosis, that also has a side effect of supressing appetite in many people, and the combination of the low calorie intake and ketosis means that you can burn fat at a relatively rapid rate hence the great losses.

Gunpowd3r decided to go off plan a bit with her choice of eggs and bacon but it was done so wisely so that she and her OH remained in ketosis. Much better to eat low carb if you are going to go off plan than reach for the carbs and get kicked out of ketosis. You should only go off plan for a planned special occasion as it's not good to mess with this diet continuously as you won't get the losses you expect and then people get demotivated. But if you do go off plan then wise choices can limit the damage. It's definitely best to stick to plan if you can but on the odd occasion you may have to do something a bit different. Real life goes on around us despite our diet :). And stef people find that once they start picking at things it's the start of the slippery slope so it's best to stay virtuous if you can :)

Gunpowd3r, well done on your losses! Your losses compared to your OH's are pretty good hun. You might even end up further across the page than him on your ticker this week given you've a lot less to lose :). I have the Atkins shakes if I have to go out for the day and can't take the shaker. I quite like them actually. But then I must be odd as I like banana shakes and the BL mint bars too :). Sensible choices BTW. Sometimes we have to do something a bit different on a particular day but the key is not to do it too often as you know.

I'm with you re the cost of fresh, healthy food choices. A nice piece of fish is tons more than burgers and sausages lb per lb but I guess there are plenty of crappy meat cuts in burgers etc. so it makes them much cheaper to produce with the rubbish bits of meat. It does annoy me though when the healthy eating varieties of things are more expensive than the higher sugar, higher fat versions of the same thing. I think the government should often retailers incentives for providing healthier foods at lower cost. I still get my fix in the reduced section tho, as although I don't find anything for me now there's always something for the OH. Pizzas for 20p, lamb steaks for 50p and loaves of bread for 5p were the latest bargains I snagged this week, and the dogs soon demolish anything he doesn't eat :)

Ohhh yes dont you worry. i wont be picking :) xx

Thank you BG and Tara :) you explained things fantastically!:D

Yes as both BG and Tara have stated it was a one off planned meal, i did a bit of reasearch and knew it was high protein and virtually carbless but was more calorific but i knew we would'nt be eating veggies or our normal daily shakes etc so it would be a minor calorie intake.

I am not suggesting for 1 minute we are allowed bacon and eggs,or anything to deviate from plan , but sometimes you have to have a meal to help if you know it's going to be a long tough day off your favourite foods being shoved in your face!

I opted for something i knew we would both thoroughly enjoy to help stave the demons that awaited us lol, and it did help immensly.

As had been said many times on posts and diaries if you do have to go off plan prepare and do a bit of reasearch find out what is good and what you need to stay well away from, there are times we need to adapt and this diet can be hard to adapt(would love if starbucks etc had carb levels as well as calories on their info)but it is always best when out and about to know what can be safe to eat.

With this in mind i printed out an info sheet of common foods that tells me per 100g, calories,fat,carbs,protein and has been very helpful.

It was kind off an Atkins day yesterday.I did also take Tesco bars because they are bigger just incase the munchies attacked but luckily we didn't touch them.

Thank you for your kind words about my losses BG it is true i have a lot less to lose then OH but i never expected it to come off as quick as it is to be honest i am more than happy(delighted) with the way the diet is going another few pounds and i will be lighter than i have been for a few years.Woooo :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

And i defo think something needs to be done about the cost of healthy cuts of meat and lighter/lower fat options, it seems we are being punished for wanting to choose the healthy option, perhaps like you say an incentive from the goverment would help! After all it is the goverment who really wants us to get healthier with this obesity epidemic they go on about.:confused:

Lol my poor dog has had no scraps bar 1 pack of ham, the bin has never been so empty ha ha.:D

Hope everyone else's day is going well :)

Just catching up on everyones diary today (its been a hectic couple of days!).

I was going to put my atkins input into the whole bacon/eggs/ketosis thing, but it has already been perfectly explained, so no need! lol! Well done on resisting all the goodies. It certainly is amazing watching how much people eat since starting this diet.

I sat in burger king with my OH the week I started cambridge and watched everyone shoveling in food and frantically chewing it and swallowing it all pretty much whole. It was disgusting.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm so proud of the both of you for your motivation and excellent losses. You're both an inspiration :)

Thank you Claire :)

It is amazing to ppl watch ppl eating :)

Hope you have updated your diary i have been wondering how you've been getting on, hope you have been ok. :)

It's funny because when I see people who are very overweight I want to stop them and tell them about S&S and how fantastic being slimmer makes you feel. I would never do that of course, but being slimmer really does change your life so I kind of want to spread the word about S&S. I haven't been successful on 'normal' diets but I can do this one and I'm sure lots of others could too.

Back