Gunpowd3r and my partner's weight loss diary

Well on saying that BG we have inspired my OH's friend i was mentioning earlier on another thread, he has been doing SW for 5 weeks and is so jealous of my OH weight loss he is going to swap, he did LL before and couldn't cope he said, but he tried the choc trufa bar before and loved it.

He is using up his slimfast first then he says he will try this! Word is spreading lol.

Yea my OH would tell you now he hasn't seen a difference on any other diet nor has he had the will power to do it properly for 2-3 weeks, but with this he is coping pretty well and doing really well, he is seeing results quickly and i think that is what gives a vlcd the edge, the quick results inspire you to carry on see what else you can do.

I would never say to anyone though it's a breeze this diet dropped x amount of pounds without thinking about it....noooo way this is still a tough diet but like everyone says the choice and flavour of the products helps BIG time!!!

I love it personally and will always recommened it to other ppl!

It's funny because when I see people who are very overweight I want to stop them and tell them about S&S and how fantastic being slimmer makes you feel. I would never do that of course, but being slimmer really does change your life so I kind of want to spread the word about S&S. I haven't been successful on 'normal' diets but I can do this one and I'm sure lots of others could too.

That makes me feel much better knowing its not just me that wants to go up to really overweight people and tell them about S&S. Maybe its some kind of cult and I'm being brainwashed to spread the word?! lol! :p

Haha yes, me too! I really keep hinting to my OH that men can do it too, but he's not interested, hes going on slimming world when he comes out the navy. I worry because he's gained 3 stone since we met, I don't think he's in any hurry to get it off either, hes quite sensitive so I thought of doing a competition to see who can shift the most weight before the wedding, he agreed and seemed reall motivated but now he's lost it. I am almost 2 stone down since we agreed it and hes about 8lbs down!

He could do with losing 3 stone, which is do-able before the wedding, any ideas on how to get him motivated>? x

It's because you've done so well and are beating him Tara. Men are poor losers! :) No idea how to motivate him as success on any diet has to come from within. So his head has to have a reason to do it that's not there now.

My OH was totally sceptical until I shifted 4 stones last year. Even then, he still would not try it and said he would calorie count himself. Honestly, he didn't have a clue!

I think most of us on here who have been serial dieters in the past, could probably write the calorie counting bible! Now that we know that carbs also come into it, I suggested that the whole pack of Uncle Ben's rice, together with his veggie curry ('but Fran, its vegetables - must be low cal') would not be a particularly good meal in terms of losing weight!

Anyway, talked him into trying it for one week only and he was so impressed with his 10lb weight loss, that he has continued with it. He doesn't stick to it rigidly, but has lost 2 stones in 6 weeks so is pretty motivated. He even told me he wished he had listened to me sooner!

So cannot tell you how to encourage him, but I certainly suggested that our next summer holiday pics would not do him any favours, especially as he will (hopefully) have a slim wife! Lol - not that I would EVER allow myself to be photographed in swimwear:eek:

Well on saying that BG we have inspired my OH's friend i was mentioning earlier on another thread, he has been doing SW for 5 weeks and is so jealous of my OH weight loss he is going to swap, he did LL before and couldn't cope he said, but he tried the choc trufa bar before and loved it.

He is using up his slimfast first then he says he will try this! Word is spreading lol.

Cant believe how many people are sooo quickly starting s&s!!
And new flavours being added soon..
Jesus are there gonna be anyone left on the other forums? Ha only jokin x

Ha, we've still all got to stick to it tho :)

Oh yes, to be honest doubt my OH's friend will stick to it, he eats like a horse and likes lots of food and often, so likes SW because he can eat lots. I don't think it is a diet he needs i think he needs to learn how to take a step back from food and learn portion control.

I still praise this diet :) It's fan-dabby-dosy!!!!

I know someone on slimming world and she lost 3 stone in less than a year shes done amazing, she constantly pestures me to have another go, but you eat too much food!! How am i suppose to get my head round keeping weight off and eating small portions and healthy when i can eat sooo much food in a day, deffo wasnt for me!! xx

Yeah, I know SW etc. isn't for me when I'm trying to lose weight either. All that 'free' stuff would have me stuffing my face like a goodun.

I never ate chips before slimming world, I would never have them at home. I made slimming world chips and fell in love, so I was having mini roast dinners, egg and chips, spicy wedges on the side with spag bol, my OH loved it! But I was losing like 1lb a week after the first two weeks! MY OHs prob is def portion control, he's 6'3 and has a large frame, so broad shoulders etc So he thinks he should be eating more than what he should. He got on the scales yesterday and had a real wake up call, he's back to his starting weight at new year. He is determined to go on slimming world from march for 3 months and really up his exercise, but he said this 3 months ago.

I do worry, but as you said BG it's not where his head is. But he really does need to lose weight, he is 21st and he was 17st when he met me, 17st is perfect for him, he looked good. He's just got a belly now and his face is rounder. His portions are massive but he's had it since being a child, his mum was telling me his gran used to give him adult meals as a child, and he's go through a bottle of squash in a couple of days. His mum has had a gastric band 18months ago, and I don't want him to get to the point where he's the same. It's very hard to motivate him, he just gets sensitive about it. But we had a little chat, and I just said to him that it's really hard what I am dong, but it's possible, and if he can rigidly stick to slimming world he could lose a good couple of stone before the wedding, especially if he starts training with his friend. I hope he commits, it's kind of annoying when you know you are the only one making an effort to look better and get healthier. Rant over now x

Wow 1 day away and the posts to catch up on take almost 3 hours lmao:eek::eek::eek:

So many new ppl starting it's brilliant to have so much motivation and encouragement, reading through the diaries is brilliant, the slightest hint of a hiccup and everyone is there offering support!!! Keep it all up girlies we are all in this together:D

Weigh in tomorrow but i ain't expecting anything good, only down a few lbs and my lovely TOTM has graced me with a visit, so up a few lbs:flirt2: so week 2 is a rather odd affair, OH has had sts for a few days and put on this morning too, ahhh bless he is having a sympathy TOTM for me haha.....so both of our weigh in's i don;t expect gasp shock:eek: horror drops in weight, but even a mere lb is good by my standards lol:D

We will make up for it in the coming weeks i am sure, OH's fat is clinging on for dear life and it ain't gonna win!!!

Last few days i have felt tired, exhausted and generally sh**t which is the usual for totm, can't take my usual strong painkillers as they give me terrible cystitits due to the acid content in them so have to trundle along with ibuprofen which only tickles the pains arghhhh:cry::cry:eek:n the plus i only suffer for a day or so, so by thurs ready for the football match we off to i should be a happy energetic bunny :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

Thursday is going to have to be another improv atkins style day as matches tend to be filled with naughty food and there is no way on a coach full of guys we are making a shake up lmao, will take bars and perhaps atkins shakes if we can stomach them, lol,lunch will be low carb high protein to fill us up.

Then nothing really to worry about till end of March when we have some time off.

Right time to read all the replies lol, then start the salad for dins,having salmon salad with yum gherkins(oooh the pickliness).

Hope everybody else is doing ok :)

Good luck for ur weigh in tomor. Fingers crossed u will get a last minute woosh xox

Good luck 2morro hun xx

Got my package thankyouuu, hope u get urs soon?
Just had hazelnut, LOVE IT!!!!!!! xxx

How have u both got on? xx

Good to hear you got it chick,yea mine is at royal mail got to collect it later lol :) Hazelnut is gorgeous like i dunno whether to have one or not as my first hehe.

WI week 2:

Me--2lbs(blaming TOTM lmao got to blame something)
OH--4lbs

Yay!!! Fab losses :)

That's a stone in 2 weeks for you hun, innit? Well done! And hubby's doing consistently well too. Roll on week 3 :)

Thanks Maka :)

No i aint at a stone yet think i am 10lbs, was 11 1/2 before TOTM so i guess it has a lot to answer for hehe :)

Yea OH is doing brill, almost 1-2 inches of certain places a week, i can see diff in his clothes too considering he has a very sedentry job and lifestyle it is brilliant!!!

Yep that's it officially in week 3 now wooooo lol

Back