Gutted!! Weight not moving on SS

Lol Jem, bless your heart, it's when you start dreaming about food, and waking up thinking that you've eaten, and wake up mortified only to finally realise its a dream, that you need worry!!!! (Btw that's what happens to me lol)

I've certainly been bitten by the exercise bug, just get out there and start walking huni, it's all it takes!!

Xxx

I have a membership to the local virgin active gym ( I go through phases of using it)

I might go tomorrow, take mirren for a swim :) xxx

Mrs b we will have none of this only 2lb nonsense u r doing bloody brilliant and i bet u have lost loads of inches specially with your swimming :) keep it up and. R right its going in the right direction

MrsB, congratulations on persevering with the swimming today - that's amazing! I managed an hour and a half in the pool today (it's not impressive, I'm just very, very slow), but yesterday I lasted 10 minutes. I had to leave because this group of teenage boys kept jumping on my head. I felt so silly, being almost 30 and afraid of a pack of feral kids! It's an outdoor pool so today's rain kept everyone away. I loved it - even managed to do a bit of front crawl which I'm usually far too shy to do in public. Boy, that stroke is a cardio workout, huh?! I hadn't realised how easy-peasy I'd been taking it with my old faithful breast stroke!

And I know exactly what you mean about food dreams!! Just the other night I dreamt I spent hours searching for the world's best cheese and onion sandwich and then I ate it. I was so upset when I woke up and it took me about 30 minutes to realise that it hadn't actually happened. My brain isn't so sharp first thing in the morning!

To MrsB and froggy, congratulations on your 2lb losses! That's very impressive! Froggy, yours is probably low because last week's was so gigantic, and MrsB yours is probably low because you've been swimming so much, and have probably therefore dropped more fat but gained some extra muscle!

I'm aiming for a 2lb loss each week to be honest. It's more than I've ever lost each week on any other diet! And I don't want to do it all too quickly and end up with saggy skin and/or putting it all back on. I'm happy to be the tortoise!

Well, you've all finally done it - inspired me to get off the sofa and start walking. I'm now on step 4 of the 'non-runner's marathon trainer' book. I did a 45 minute power walk today including some steep hills, it nearly killed me at the time but I felt great after! Not sure how my muscles will feel on night shift later though!

Hi all, thanks CB I truly hope there is some bigger reason for my lacking WL :(
Just been to watch hubby swim as I'm due on and bleed so heavy I can't risk it!!
Which leads me to my next question, I'm relying on someone reading this that can help.... My mum went into early menopause at 38 and I believe I'm doing the same, periods haywire.... Heavy then non existent, some early, some late!! Big clots! Hot flushes Sorry to be graphic!! This is prior to going on diet too so its not that doing it, been happening since 2011!
If I'm in the early stages of menopause would that cause WL to fall short?!?
Xxx

I've no clue about that, MrsB, but have you tried old faithful Google? Or seeing if a nurse at your surgery can squeeze you in for an appointment soon to chat about the possibility?

I have googled it and it does state that VLCDs are bad in menopause as during this time in a woman's life it stores everything!!! There HAS to be a reason, as I've done this diet before and 2lb losses were the rarity not the norm.... Done it in 2008 and 2010 and both times I stormed it!!! Since my periods have gone nuts in 2011, I've just put up with them, until I decided to do this diet again and low and behold, I'm not getting the losses that even my CDC would expect!! I've been 100% but I'm really struggling to stay focused as it feels like I'm getting nowhere fast, and although some loss is better than nothing or gaining, I just can't help feeling dissatisfied with how its going!!! Maybe I'm not getting enough calories?! I just don't know, tried doing SS, SS+ then adding exercise all add up to the boring 2lb a week, and I know I deserve more :( fed up.com xxxx

First weigh in tmrw. Excited, eager, apprehensive....all at the same time.

Mrs b get yourself to the docs for some blood tests are it may be hormonal nor menopause but pcos even x

Hi Mrs B, sorry I didn't see this sooner, I'm in early perimenopause (I'm 41, my mum was a similar age with hers) and with similar symptoms (hot flushes etc). It definitely affects hormones including those involved in weight loss and retention, I'm sure of it! It's one of the reasons I decided to eat a little more on the higher steps and lose more slowly. I started taking Menopace tablets a few months ago and the flushes stopped, I felt much happier and less mood swings. I've stopped them while I'm on the CD as I'm not sure if there's anything in them that clashes with all the vitamins in the products, haven't got round to checking yet. Anyway I just wanted to say you're not alone and feel free to share any frustrations!! And massive props to you for sticking with the plan, you're doing great. xx

Sorry peeps I've gotta come off CWP, I wish you all the best in your diets :)
I have gotta go for tests, scans inside and out and some of them quite invasive, so for the time being they need me out of starvation mode/ketosis!!
There is more than likely a reason why I wasn't losing the weight that was expected, and when i know more I'll let you know, anyone wanna add me on FB I'll keep in touch with, gladly, I already have most of you.... You can figure out my name lol!!!
Much love xx Sarah xx

Hope everything goes ok Hun, will be thinking of you xxx

Thank you xxx just knew something wasn't right :(
Not looking forward to telling my CDC, I gave it my all, and I still feel like I've let her down :(

Don't think like that you haven't let anyone down Hun, xxx

Back