gutted

Annie272

My dad and i have always clashed and he is always picking on me. I sm single mum but i am 43 with a 2 year old so not exactly 16. Anyway, I drive from my home every other weekend to his, do shopping cooking cleaning etc. He has always been ungrateful

Anyway my treat night from ww is sat night. I had a small piece lasagne and salad and a bottle of wine .

He attacked me this morning saying no wonder i am fat drinking like that. I had 7 stone to lose and have lost just over 1 and told him and he said well you are still as fat as ever to me and I cant see it.

I am gutted!

Oh chick, some people will always try and bring you down. Use it as an incentive to prove him wrong, big hugs xxxx

Some people are so tactless! I'm sorry your Dad said something that hurt you (and would hurt anybody) - the thing is the weight you are losing is something you can change - people who have an attitude problem or are just mean for the sake of being mean can not change that.

You are doing something about it, and who cares if you have a bottle of wine? If you have points left, then go for it! xxx

Thanks guys. Saturday night is my treat night and wine was pointed. Think i will change it to Friday nights and next time I stay over, i will drink water :-(

Ignore him, it's your opinion of yourself that matters and you know you're winning. In fact unless he is disabled, I'd leave him to shop, cook & clean for himself. Let him work his ill humour out on that!!

My dad betted with my brother that I wouldn't lose weight- he was that sure I was going to fail- and a couple of times I went to his, he tempted me with takeaways and biscuits.

Some people are just there to put us down- families are the worst sometimes.

If you pointed it- and it's within your limits- why *should* you go without? You've lost a stone- that is awesome- you should be seriously chuffed.

Ignore the negative people- focus on the positives and look towards your goal- you can do it :)

My dad always put me down. When i was younger I thought i was adopted though I am a half twin, was treated so badly by my parents. When we were born, i was 3lbs, my brother 4lbs but they were told I wouldnt survive. To this day i wonder if they are sorry I did. My mam passed away at xmas 13 years ago and my dad is like this with me since. Sad.

Annie,

You can lose weight and feel better about yourself, no offence but your dad needs a talking too. Let him cook etc for himself and concentrate on your children and yourself :) xxx

Ahh Annie, i feel so sorry for u chicken. Ur dad sounds like a horrible man and it seems as though he gets at you over ur weight because he knows it is a sore point for you. You don't need encouragement or anything else from this man so b strong and do it for urself. Know it must be hard but I would seriously tell him u will stop going if he doesn't treat u better. U don't need him for anything and weekends are to previous to be throwing them away. Focus on how well u have done so far. Sending u a big cuddle xxxxxx

My dad always put me down. When i was younger I thought i was adopted though I am a half twin, was treated so badly by my parents. When we were born, i was 3lbs, my brother 4lbs but they were told I wouldnt survive. To this day i wonder if they are sorry I did. My mam passed away at xmas 13 years ago and my dad is like this with me since. Sad.

Annie im sorry to hear what your dad said. My dad was an alcoholic for most of my childhood and i never got on with him and like you my mam died stephens day 13 yrs ago aged 46 and i hated him being left here. He was out looking for women nearly straightaway and he used to upset me terribly to the point i was getting depressed, but eventually after ignoring my hsband and brothers advice for years something just clicked and after a huge row with him where i got everything off my chest we get on much better. I know he was very hurtful to you but you have lost a stone which is brill and you dont need his approval to have a glass of wine. Dont let him st you back cos like my father he still will say or do the same things nd you are the only one getting upset cos he wont care . Well i rambled a bit here but hope you get my point x x x

What lovely replies. Thank you xxxx my dad disowned me when I got pregnant at 40. My gorgeous sons dad is not in his life. His choice. My dad now loves my son but hates me. I have a sister who drifted away from us years ago and he thinks more of her.

Goose so sorry hun, your mam was so young, mine was 56. My dad has no interest in meeting anyone but sits at home staring out the window!!!!

Heartbroken tonight sorry"!!

You have every right to be and i would tell you to prove him wrong and keep losing the weight but keep doing it for yourself and not him . Hope youre ok x x

Thanks Goose, its so slow. Dunno why I want his approval anyway, I am never going to get it. I am a lovely person who would do anything for anyone.

Thanks Goose, its so slow. Dunno why I want his approval anyway, I am never going to get it. I am a lovely person who would do anything for anyone.

Its his own guilt about how he treats you making him so vicious and dont try for his approval you will only end up getting hurt wk after wk . As for the weightloss i quit last time cos it was so slow but this time i set mini goals instead of looking at a huge 7.5 stone and its working. Maybe give that a go cos you feel so good when you hit every little goal :)

Annie theres two people you should be doing this for YOU and you SON end of no one else matters parents think they have the right to be mean , my mum was the same but i got to a stag in my life were i thought you know what you dont pay my wage or my mortage , i didnt need her for enything and thats what pissed her off she died over a year ago and to be honest i havent really cried like i did when my dad died , i still cry about my dad now 4 years on , sorry for rambling but what im trying to say is do it for you and your boy and sod everyone else , big hugs :) x

What lovely replies. Thank you xxxx my dad disowned me when I got pregnant at 40. My gorgeous sons dad is not in his life. His choice. My dad now loves my son but hates me. I have a sister who drifted away from us years ago and he thinks more of her.

Goose so sorry hun, your mam was so young, mine was 56. My dad has no interest in meeting anyone but sits at home staring out the window!!!!

Thinking about it, your dad may be depressed. You say your sister drifted away so perhaps in his heart of hearts your dad knows he is a failure as a father & may die a lonely & detested old man.
Have you thought of doing as Goose did & have it out with him? You owe him nothing, neither love nor loyalty, he turned his back when you needed him. Turn your back now.

You are blessed with a beautiful son you love & who loves you in return. He is your life now. Your weight loss is for you both & you are winning. Well done.

I did have it out with him and just turned it back on me. My problems are my own doing etc. I told him, he wouldnt entice anyone to visit. I am doing it out of duty now. I am the only one of us he treats like that. There are 8 of us. Two of us, me and another sister travel every other weekend to see him shop, cook etc. The others do their own thing.

Back